Guys: Does hair length matter?

Options

Replies

• nascent
    nascent Posts: 28
    Options
    I always thought most guys liked short hair, I'm actually surprised at all the comments about guys preferring long hair. Maybe I've just never seen a short cut that "didn't work" so I don't know better.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ok so I shaved my head in the name of cancer in May. Since then I can't tell you how many men have told me how hot it is. It's kind of weird. I hear that GI Jane comment a lot. :) Funny stuff. I think it depends on the guy and the confidence....

I have alopecia, so I am bald 24/7 & get the same complimentary comments from friends & strangers alike... I don't even pay attention to my lack of hair any more. It has been over 3 years since I have worn a wig or a hat & I LOVE it!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I like my hair long!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    well every single guy i have dated which includes my husband loves long hair on women. i have long hair, but daydream about what it would be like to have short(er) hair. hell, maybe even dreads IF i have to keep it long!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My Hubby likes long. i have long thick hair but when its 115 here in az. i wanna hunt down the clippers. lol

Thats why I got an a-line (shorter in back longer in front) I have long thick curly hair and I must say the salon school did an amazing job I dont look like a poddle with the shorter layers in back and it feels rediculously light!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I LOVE long hair on women, but it's got to be well cared for.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I always thought most guys liked short hair, I'm actually surprised at all the comments about guys preferring long hair. Maybe I've just never seen a short cut that "didn't work" so I don't know better.
    I'll tell ya one that I think doesn't work; I call it the duck-butt. Like Kate Gosslyn's old one where it's cut/shaved in the back but has length on the top so that the back of the head looks like a duck's *kitten*. From the front view it looks great, but... All I'm sayin is please consider what it looks like from behind too.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If my man ever told me not to cut my hair or he preferred long hair, I'd tell him to start growing his out then because that's the only head of hair he has control over. I wear my hair the way I like it, he says I look nice however it is. Just sayin'
  • nascent
    nascent Posts: 28
    Options
    I'll tell ya one that I think doesn't work; I call it the duck-butt. Like Kate Gosslyn's old one where it's cut/shaved in the back but has length on the top so that the back of the head looks like a duck's *kitten*. From the front view it looks great, but... All I'm sayin is please consider what it looks like from behind too.

Had to look that up and I agree... I can't say I've ever met anyone with that hairstyle before.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ok so I shaved my head in the name of cancer in May. Since then I can't tell you how many men have told me how hot it is. It's kind of weird. I hear that GI Jane comment a lot. :) Funny stuff. I think it depends on the guy and the confidence....

I have alopecia, so I am bald 24/7 & get the same complimentary comments from friends & strangers alike... I don't even pay attention to my lack of hair any more. It has been over 3 years since I have worn a wig or a hat & I LOVE it!
    I always thought the bald woman on the first Star Trek movie was HOT.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If my man ever told me not to cut my hair or he preferred long hair, I'd tell him to start growing his out then because that's the only head of hair he has control over. I wear my hair the way I like it, he says I look nice however it is. Just sayin'

Yes my boyfriend also uses that line that it looks good the way it is or he would be happy regardless, but he suggests not cutting it ever haha. but its my head, my hair in the end ill do what i want, just lucky for him it happens to be long.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Had to look that up and I agree... I can't say I've ever met anyone with that hairstyle before.

lmao
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    personally i think it depends on the woman. i recently went from past shoulder length hair to how short it is now because of a mishap at the salon. some days i love it, some days i hate it but i'm curious to see what guys think about it!
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    My boyfriend votes long hair. Kind of a pain in my butt what with all the curl I have to deal with.
    haha me too!!!!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My husband loves running his fingers through my hair, so if I get it cut above my shoulder, he gets bummed out even though he tries to hide it lol. And whenever we see a girl with really short hair, he'll say how it's ugly and she looks like a man. I guess it just depends on the guy, though.
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    well every single guy i have dated which includes my husband loves long hair on women. i have long hair, but daydream about what it would be like to have short(er) hair. hell, maybe even dreads IF i have to keep it long!

I recently got my hair cut shoulder length (its usually halfway to my butt!) and I love how my hair isnt slapping me in the face during workouts, and I save money on shampoo and it's so much easier. Especially since my hair is so thick. But I do miss the variation in styles I can do with long hair. Can't wait till it grows out a bit longer!
  • PepsiGal
    Options
    Good point, Tharrop. I got a slightly below chin, a-line bob which is way more flattering than the "duck butt". When I saw that on Kate G., I thought it looked weird.
  • brittanyscherich
    Options

Yes my boyfriend also uses that line that it looks good the way it is or he would be happy regardless, but he suggests not cutting it ever haha. but its my head, my hair in the end ill do what i want, just lucky for him it happens to be long.

My hubby says the same, but whenever I cut it above the collarbone, he gets bummed out lol. But I've always told him he is forbidden from shaving his head lol.
  • PepsiGal
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments! They were very insightful and helpful!