Guys: Does hair length matter?

Options

Replies

• tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have always told my wife that it is her hair and she has to take care of it, so only she can make the final decision, but because I have always tried to honestly answer questions such as these, I told her that I did prefer it long. Finally last year after 23 years together she finally took the plunge and cut it about 2 inches above the shoulder (as a surprise to me). She also changed the shade of her hair to a bit brassier red.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw it and I fell instantly in love with the style. Now a year later she wants to grow it back out and I am kinda bummed.

I guess what I am trying to say is the hair cut needs to fit the woman. All the way from the shape of her face to her attitude and outlook on life. A short sassy cut, or a long flowing cut, YOU wear your hair to fit YOU and men will LOVE it. Guaranteed.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    My lovely wife is beautiful with short or long hair, and I'd never even think of telling her how to wear "Her" hair :happy:
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair.

When I worked in a CPA office where there were 2 of us guys and 15+ women, I would see the same result every time a woman switched to a short hairstyle. Typically they go and get it cut short with the battle cry: "It will be easier to take of!"

Then over the next few weeks you would see her shorter hair get grungier and grungier. So easy to take care of that they didn't.

That turned me completely off on short hair.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of short hair. Not saying I find a women unattractive or anything because of it. There are plenty of gorgeous women with short hair! Just not my preference.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    the longer the better, but short hair is fine. as long as it isnt "boy" hair.

so down to the chin would be the shortest. it has to hang if you know what i mean.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Honestly Hair isnt hat important... Its the Tatoos. LOL No really though Hair doesnt matter The biggest feature that I look at are eyes.

really? not boobs????? :wink:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers long hair, but in the end I'll do what I want. I would love to be able to have a short haircut, but with my moon face I cannot carry it off.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My fiance tells me that however I want to do it is fine, but he sure did whine last year when I cut it short and dyed it red...
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I look really lame with my hair short. Right now it's past my boobies.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    A girl needs a pretty face to pull off short hair... especially a nice pair of eyes can make short hair look great. But personally I think everygirl looks best with long hair.

What I don't like (as if you care) is women in baseball hats... especially if it is a pony tail sticking out of the back. Even Christina Hendricks could not pull of that look!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Most men PREFER long hair. That doesn't mean they won't date a woman with shorter hair or that they'd flip out if you got yours cut short, but, if given a choice, most of them would choose long hair. I tend to find that men are attracted to the things that make women different from men, like long hair, lack of body hair, boobs, hips, etc.

As far as a man "letting" a woman cut her hair, my basic belief is that if you're going to do anything that drastically alters your appearance, like going from long hair to really short hair or going from blonde to brunette, you owe it to your significant other to at least get his opinion. I'm not saying you need his permission; you're a grown woman. But to not even give him a chance to tell you what he thinks when you're planning to make a serious change in your appearance is just disrespectful, IMO.

The same goes for men shaving their heads or growing a beard or whatever. You owe it to your wife/girlfriend to find out how she'd feel about it.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the woman. As long as the hair style looks good on them, it doesn't matter to me. I think some women try to force a hair style to work for them because they just want it but it doesn't necessarily look good. Although I think regardless of the woman, hair past the middle of your back is a bit much.

I'd love to shave my head but I'd look like a goof so that's not happening.
  • Carey2011
    Carey2011 Posts: 15
    Options
    I always had long hair then i decided to get it all cut off when my mum was having her hair shaved off for Chemotherapy. I have never grown it again. Sometimes I think about growing it but then it reaches a certain length and I cannot stand it. Short hair needs cust every few weeks or it's just a mess.

My husband likes my short hair and thinks that i suit it better than long hair , plus i must admit that i love the fact that i can style my hair in minutes rather than hours.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    IMO, only certain people can pull off very very short hair (like Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, etc). You have to have a nice head shape, LOL! I could never pull it off. My hair is in a chin lenth bob right now and I've gotten lots of compliment on it. Before it was down to the mddle of my back or so. I like it both ways, I just like to switch it up sometimes.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My hair was longish (a few inches past my shoulders) and I got it chopped to chin length in the new year. My fiance loves my hair long or short, but I'm thinking about growing it again :laugh:

Since I've been with Kris my hair has been short and blonde, long and blonde, long and dark, long and red, short and dark, short and dark, short and blonde. He can hardly keep up, but that's what happens when your sister is a hairdresser :tongue:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I've always had mid length/shoulder length....but last year when I started having it cut "stacked" in the back, I got a lot of compliments from men. It was a nice change, and frankly a hell of a lot easier to deal with...so I think this isn't really a "what do guys prefer" type of thing...it's "what does THAT guy prefer"....
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It depends on how short. I'm not a fan of hair shorter than the chin length. But that's just my personal opinion.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Depends on how short and how it looks on the girl, I see a girl like now that has a boy haircut but it fits her very well and when I say boy haircut I mean like a #3 all the way around.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    aaaaawwww man , I like my short hair, so much easier guess I will have to grow it out again !
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Long hair for me. I'm not a fan of short hair at all.