Guys: Does hair length matter?

Options

Replies

• Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers the hairstyle I had the day we got married! He hasn't seen it since - 23 years and counting.

I change my hairstyle depending on what kind of mood I'm in when I get to the salon. Try short hair - if you don't like it don't sweat it! It will grow back in a while. And if the guy can't see past the hair ?????
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I wore my hair short for the longest time because I was always getting bored with it. I have it long now and I love it but I've had a couple guys I've dated say they prefer short hair not going to cut it though. :tongue:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My hubby and pretty much any guy I've dated are all long locks lovers. You can still look sassy/empowered/tough with long hair. I tapped my inner Michele Rodriquez for the look in the profile picture. I never have to blowdry unless I'm in a rush. Keeping up the color would take the same amount of effort long or short. I did the locks of love thing once and was round-brush & blowdryer dependent for awhile and hated it (if Charlize Theron could pull off her Aeon Flux look, why couldn't I? So unfair.) Though I think it's sad when all a girl has going for her is long hair though :(
    I prefer long hair.

When I worked in a CPA office where there were 2 of us guys and 15+ women, I would see the same result every time a woman switched to a short hairstyle. Typically they go and get it cut short with the battle cry: "It will be easier to take of!"

Then over the next few weeks you would see her shorter hair get grungier and grungier. So easy to take care of that they didn't.

That turned me completely off on short hair.

SO TRUE!!!!
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    I've had short hair for a while now (everything from right about the ear to chin length or a bit longer)...I used to have long hair (couple inches past my shoulder), but ever since I cut it short, I can't stand hair just hanging all around off my head. Sometimes I can't stand the feeling of hair on the back off my neck either...BUT, I've been contemplating growing it back out lol

When I did have long hair, I didn't know what to do with it. Now, after a few years, I think I could have some fun with it and handle it quite easily.

I just never think long hair looks good on me because of my body type...broad shoulders, big(ger) chest...long hair just seems to weigh me down and add ten pounds. :grumble:
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Oh...and my boyfriend prefers short hair over long. Actually...he prefers short, COLORED hair. As in pink, blue, purple, etc...we met in high school when I actually did that kind of thing to my hair all the time.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    i love short hair :) like the military cut look..yummmy:heart:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Short or long, it doesn't matter. As long as the style matches the face!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    When you see a woman with a shortish (down to chin/or below chin) but stylish hair style, do you think it's unattractive?

Yes. And by yes I mean no.

However the cut must be right and the woman's bone structure suited to it. I think that slightly impish / pixeish look can be really hot.

I mean come on:

natalie-portman-short-hairstyle.jpg
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people can think short hair is easier to take care of. I go through my phases of long and short hair but I always which I didn't cut my hair off after I did it since I am not one to have my hair cut ever 4 weeks to keep the shape. This is also because I have extra curly hair and I have to be able to put it in a pony tail to work out or I am coming out with a fro. Right now with my hair straight it is half way down my back aka bra length with shorter pieces around the front which I love.

When I was in college I cut off about 16 inches of my hair and went home on break and my dad flipped out. My mom in my memory has always had short hair but says my dad complains that he likes it longer. I also think it has to do with age. Some reason people that are 50+ just don't look good with long hair in my opinion they need shoulder length or above.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    My boyfriend votes long hair. Kind of a pain in my butt what with all the curl I have to deal with.

Uh, yeah totally this and mine is very thick and coarse. But.. he likes what he likes. haha
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My wife has had long hair and she has had short hair. Right now its pretty short, chin length, but I like it. I think its more about how the hair is kept and styled more than the length. As long as she is regularly getting it trimmed and touched up then the short style looks beautiful!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like longer hair but some woman can pull off the short hair. If it was a choice though I would choose the long over short.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I like my long hair and I think most guys prefer long hair, but who knows...
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Wear the hairstyle you like for yourself. Lose the weight for yourself. Get fit for yourself.

Love yourself because you are the most beautiful person in the world.

blessings.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    As far as a man "letting" a woman cut her hair, my basic belief is that if you're going to do anything that drastically alters your appearance, like going from long hair to really short hair or going from blonde to brunette, you owe it to your significant other to at least get his opinion. I'm not saying you need his permission; you're a grown woman. But to not even give him a chance to tell you what he thinks when you're planning to make a serious change in your appearance is just disrespectful, IMO.

To each his own, but I find is disrespectful for a guy to expect me to run it by him when I want to cut my hair. If he doesn't like it, he'll get over it. If he can't get over it, then I don't want to date a complete d*** who would judge me by my HAIR.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter at all unless it's too long (down to waist or more).
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My fiance whines when I wanna cut my hair. He HATES short hair on women, ironic since my hair was as short as a boy's when me met. But my Daddy thinks that short hair is sexy. To be fair my Daddy did always say "there is nothing as sexy as a strong, confident woman" and he thinks short hair exemplifies that. (oh and legs, my dad likes legs)
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    That length is fine. Very few women look attractive to me with hair shorter than that.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I LOVE long hair on women, but it's got to be well cared for.

Lol that is what I say about guys, but guys almost never do!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    There is a theory that men dislike shorter hair on a woman as it an unconscious indicator that they are less sexually available.

Many cultures and religions (from Muslim women to Christian nuns) adopt head coverings as a sign of piety. Long hair for women and a full head of hair on men are signs of virility and sex drive. There is no doubt that good hair is very attractive.

Of course it's just a theory. It could be complete BS. However, I'm sticking with it as it's in my interests;)