I've always wondered so Ladies tell me . . .

Options
124»

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situtation and were you are going. You might look well dressed in a tux, but if you going to a carnival you are going to look really out of place. Unless you are Roger Moore, who I think probably wears a tux to bed...

Anyway, I would say dressing properly for the occasion is important. Your clothing should be well cared for and should fit properly. Shirt tucked in and do not have 8 tons of crap in your pockets. For me shoes don't need to pricey, but again welll cared for is important. I think that is someone takes care of their clothing and themselves they can look well dressed with a Wal-Mart wardrobe.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Do Doc Martin boot count as dress shoes?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Do Doc Martin boot count as dress shoes?

If polished properly...yes. But I was always sucker for a nice pair of docs.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Love you Ray!

I think that men who take fashion risks (funky socks, pointy shoes, "girlie" colors) are totally hot! It shows that they have taste, and are secure in their own skin.

I think that a funky pair of shoes, with jeans, white t-shirt and dark colored blazer and you are good to go almost anywhere. It is dressy enough (shoes and blazer) but casual (jeans). Dark socks if you aren't adventurous, but funky socks if you are. This would be appropriate anywhere except where you need a suit or a tux.
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    Just say no to pointy toed shoes - and this goes for gals and guys. They will ruin your feet faster than anything. Hammer toes and bunions are pretty much common in people who wear them.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I am sure you will get a plethora of answers because it is different to each person. What I would say is, whatever you wear, wear it proud. It's all about how you carry yourself. Walk tall, proud and confident.

This ^
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Not looking like a Hobo is a good start! If you take pride in your appearance, put some effort into getting ready, it's a step in the right direction. And stay away from Crocs, or Birkenstocks with socks, please!j
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Crocs belong in the same category as jammies in public. I don't care if you are a man or a woman. :laugh:
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great topic... and great feedback too!!

A couple tidbits of non-obvious advice
    > hang dry or iron your jeans.... spare me comments, but wrinkles suck there too
    > match belts and shoes.... like, buy them together, it's OK to have 4 different brown belts
    > the goal, what you wear should be intentional, with thought
    > be meticulous on grooming [ears, nose, brows, etc...]

A couple questions.....
    > SOCKS!! Do fancy socks get noticed or is it overkill? I usually stay with standard blacks and browns, they worth it?
    > Pointed toe shoes [like, wicked witch sorta stuff].... again, too much?? to me they scream someone is trying too hard... but it's just me. would love some perspective

Sorry, releasing the metro-sexual side of me...... be kind!!!! Thanks for all the advice too, I LOVE getting such perspective! Ya know, us guys can't discuss this among ourselves.....

Ray

Does this apply to straight guys as well?
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Does this apply to straight guys as well?

I am 0% Homosexuality: is romantic and/or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender.

I am 70% Metrosexual: is a neologism derived from metropolitan and heterosexual coined in 1994 describing a man (especially one living in a post-industrial, capitalist culture) who spends a lot of time and money on shopping for his appearance.

I did 100% expect a comment, too funny!!! No lack of masculinity here, I compete in events the tough guys can’t finish, but as Will Smith said so well in MiB “I make this look good”….haha.

OK, Ttrotter1960, a few more good points!

Pointed tip shoes… NO, for many reasons
    Socks are better understated, whew…
    NO crocs…haha, [but they have new styles and colors!!!]

You are ready to be a rock star!!! Good Luck, and don't forget to take the savvy gal shopping too [thank God for my wife!!!]