Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I admit i'm guilty of "like", i'm getting better at it but it's how everyone spoke for so long, it's hard to break!
    I'm also guilty of "ish" though it's always attached to a word or a number, never on its own.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    oooooh i forgot one
    the phrases "PC" or "Politically Correct" THERE I SAID IT!
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh, and chillax! I despise chillax....
    ditto...
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Everything is "wicked" now...

wicked is a northeast phrase and I'm guilty of it

If I hear 'I promise' one more time for stupid *kitten* I'm not going to be a happy person. Save promises for something you can really control
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    But, but, but I like "oh hell to the no". :laugh:

Let's see some that annoy me are mostly what people put up on fb.

Like these...

BORED...HMU I recently just found out HMU is hit me up.

EPIC everything isn't Epic so shut the h up. :grumble:

GEEZUS as a response to something or everything :huh:

nom nom nom

Gah!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i just found out what SMH meant!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    saying or typing "k" instead of ok... really its just one more letter!

even better is when people type "kk"...seriously?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Who's your daddy?

I actually had a guy say this to me in the middle of "making out" (gotta keep it G-rated) and I burst out laughing. Rolled off the couch, on to the floor and laughed. Kind of killed the mood, but he ruined mine by making me think of my father.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Who's your daddy?

I actually had a guy say this to me in the middle of "making out" (gotta keep it G-rated) and I burst out laughing. Rolled off the couch, on to the floor and laughed. Kind of killed the mood, but he ruined mine by making me think of my father.

Haha. Yeah, I do believe I would laugh right off the couch too. My sister was with a guy who made random animal noises. He said that he did this to see if the girl had a sense of humor.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The use of :huh: "Word" :sick:

snwim
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    "It is what it is." -- Wow.....that's profound. Share more of that wisdom.
    (Sorry if this is a repeat. I didn't read every page.)
    I say that meaning I have to accept things for what they are.

Agreed. Sometimes, we all need to be reminded of that.
    I understand what it means. It's actually a conversation killer. It says "I have nothing else to say about this subject so let's not talk about it anymore." Don't worry, no one's taking away your right to continue to use the phrase. Some of us just happen to hate it. The thread isn't called "Why do you say urban phrases that other people hate?"
    :noway: :laugh:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Pop is such a dumb word. I don't drink pop, I drink soda. (actually I don't drink either of those) I hate when it is used on decorating shows too. "ooh this color will just pop!"

I hate anything "off the hook/chain/etc" What the hell does that mean?

I am guilty of overusing the word awesome. I also say really out of date phrases like "right on" and "super cool". I like to think I'm hip in a nerdy mid 30's kind of way.
    It is also used in cooking shows as in "Just pop this in the oven"....drives me mad. I imagine slamming whatever it is in the oven and slamming the door shut...how else do you "pop" something in the oven.

When I was pregnant I hated when people would ask me, So when are you going to pop? or You haven't popped yet? I could barely hold myself togther but I was at work and it was the customers saying this so I would stress, Well I give BIRTH on......
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I think I twitch whenever someone says, I could care less. You COULD? or do you mean couldn't, you COULDN'T care less.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    what is "bang tidy"?

It originated on a tv programme here in the UK, called 'Celebrity Juice'. hosted by the fictional presenter Keith Lemon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLSjFd0Qqk

Basically he uses it to describe really good looking women, but it can be applied to anything good really. I would say 'fit' women but that's more UK slang, if someone's 'fit' then they're fanciable :)

I would hazard a guess and say it is too rude to be shown in the USA! Have any of you seen our version of Jersey Shore?
    Geordie Shore! (I think you'll need subtitles) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ODnE8yJaw&feature=related
    They've got a horrible expression for being drunk "I got so mortal last night" - how does that even make sense?
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that was all in English but I didn't get any of it. Thanks for teaching me some new overseas slang! So interesting... =)

We have got a really odd way of speaking over here sometimes! I'm sorry it didn't help that it was really poorly written, after i'd chopped and changed it round it just reads like i'm a rambling lunatic!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I think I twitch whenever someone says, I could care less. You COULD? or do you mean couldn't, you COULDN'T care less.

this is one of my pet peeves!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wow...can't believe this thread is this long!!
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    amazeballs drives me nuts

Dude, I'm so going to use that today!

LOLZ

:wink:
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I really am guilty of alot of these and I never knew how annoying I was. Hahaha

Something that drives ME nucking futs is.....

"Ewww, it smells like *kitten*." OR "Ewwww, that tastes like *kitten*"

My response is always, "How the F do you know what *kitten* smells/tastes like?"

And I really go crazy when the term daddy is used in reference to anything sexy. Makes me want to stab myself in the ear.
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "cool beans"
    WHY BEANS?!?!

I hate this saying. I also hate "Thats so ghetto", and when people reply "whatever" to everything they don't have an honest response too.