Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have been annoyed with the phrase, "at the end of the day...." as I hear it so often. However, I must live under a rock, because I have never heard of some of the phrases listed on this thread.
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    well, i just don't think as urban meaning black.....i like urban outfitters....i don't think :"hey these black peoples clothes are cool"

I am sorry but this cracked me up.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Y'all are punks...I am guilty. I can admit it. I say everything people hate,nice. But I do hate a little..."Axed" I mean seriously wtf?:huh: it seriously just sounds stupid. and Leet speak? what a bunch of n00bs:wink: ha ha. But above all I HATE when ppl use literally wrong. it was literally like a million years....literally a million years eh?:sick: really? I'm gonna knock you out:explode:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Oh and do you want a coke? when obviously its not a coke!!! to add to the pop/soda vendetta :noway:
  • laurie1020
    Options
    It is what it is.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Epic fail can be okay in the right circumstances....like when my 6 year old was bouncing up and down on my workout ball, it popped, she fell, and cried and cried. Her 10 year old brother looked at her and said, "epic fail."

that's totally awesome!
    That made me lol, really!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I also don't like when people overuse the word "so". As in: I so hate it when people overuse this word.

Or "True dat!" that's just silly and sounds dumb!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Guiliana Ranic on E! News says "Amaze-balls". Makes me crazy.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bang tidy.

I drives me up the wall. :mad:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I don't like when guys call their girlfriends their "boo"

I call my cat boo, lol
  • CmGoode
    CmGoode Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hate "whatever" but what makes me more irritated is when it gets abbreviated to Whatevs... Damn, how hard is it to complete the word!!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have one to add to my list. It's not a phrase, but it drives me a little crazy when someone goes on this long winded topic online, is completely convinced of their own position, asks things rhetorically for dramatic effect and ends it with, "hrmmmm" or "hmmmm." EDIT: As if they're really still pondering it.
    It's pretentious.

I don't mind when words get added to the dictionary. I know this is simplistic, but if we didn't add words, we'd probably still be speaking caveman speak. Or, if that's too far back, perhaps Americans would still sound British.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh and do you want a coke? when obviously its not a coke!!! to add to the pop/soda vendetta :noway:

I'm guilty of this one, its a southern thing. :)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love etymology. It's interesting.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just came across this thread... lol.. its quite funny to see some of the stuff that annoy people... I have one that I can think of right now..

I hate it when a girl / woman refers to her boyfriend / husband / lover as her "man"... I don't know but it sounds a bit crude to me! Couldn't you say my boyfriend or husband?
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

I'm guilty of this one, its a southern thing. :)

Haha, it's true! When I visited my cousins in Georgia, they asked me what kind of Coke I wanted. Umm, isn't there just one kind? Nope, Sprite Coke, Coke Coke, etc...lol
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    "Douche!!"

My younger brother and his basketball friends yelled it out at his basketball games whenever someone made a good move, or anything else 'cool' happened. I even explained to him what a douche is and how women use them for feminine hygiene of thier VGs, and how it probably would be inappropriote or him to be yelling that out in plublic. (many older adults were looking shocked and confused in the crowds). He didn't care to change.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i am >def< (i use that too much i'll admit but i can't spell so... <that too<) guilty of using 75% of these words... this girl mandy at work is a walking >epic fail< she'll be just standing there and just trip and fall... i call a lot of my female friends boo. and i say baby mama and baby daddy but more commonly i say sperm donor. i say douche and idk just about everything else...

what annoys me is when prissy girly girls who should never say bro in they're lives start calling other girls bro... :mad:
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said yet, but.......DUDE! "Dude, you gotta be kidding me!" "Hey dude, over here." "Oh dude!" My 9 yr old son was talking to be me and he said, "dude, we need to go!" Excuse me? What did you just call me?? He hasn't said it since! lol

Nancy. A term used when someone is being a "baby" or a wimp. "Quit being a nancy and just jump off of the bridge!" Something like that! :wink:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Another one "Are you KIDDING ME right now?!" No, I'm hating you.