Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Ok I have no idea what the drama was today and who took what what way....seriously take a chill pill lol....

I commit many of these offensives I admit it and I am from the south and I am fixin to let yall know that I have had a horrible crap day and this post of the most random things said and typed and my giggling and helped me to get out of my funk

Can't we just all get along lol :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    deuces = means ok see ya later , or im leaving

bounce= same as above.

banging, pearl, legit= all mean they like it alot !

hate when I hear a girl say " REALY like REALY " or they use the term SERIOUSLY ! which means = are you for real or a sarcastic are you kidding me !

WORD ! = which mean they agree with what you are saying .

no wonder they say ENGLISH is the hardest language to learn. We have to many words that equal a full sentence
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom

i really HATE that
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Ok I have no idea what the drama was today and who took what what way....seriously take a chill pill lol....

I commit many of these offensives I admit it and I am from the south and I am fixin to let yall know that I have had a horrible crap day and this post of the most random things said and typed and my giggling and helped me to get out of my funk

Can't we just all get along lol :)

Glad the completely innocent thread made you smile. Hugs
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I hate it when men call women "mama".

I'm not your effing "mama".
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    homies, i don't hate anyones diction

except when it's racist, or sexist or marginalizes any of my peeps, check it.

so, for reals, urban phrase away

true, true.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    turn my swag on-how does one do that?
    LOL-if you do not want to carry on a conversation please say so
    sick(a term for something interesting/cool)-it's not ill...

Many others I can also go on about commonly misused words, such as.."soar" for "sore" throat and so on and so forth
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    OH, and SWAG..............

WTF is with "swag" puhleaseeee
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm in the UK, and my number one most hated new word at the moment is 'hench'. As in "dude, that's so hench", or "my new bike is hench as ****". I have no idea where that came from and i'm never going to use it lol.
    Argh and I hate it when my boyfriend says "what mate?" to me, like i'm one of his guy friends.

I actually hate 'lol', I tend to write haha instead, but it looks a bit stupid on forums. Going back to the multiple letter thing from earlier, my (male) friend wrote this on someone's photo on facebook: "Love ittt missin ya already bbro" - I can sort of understand multiple vowels but bbro? Doesn't even make sense *shakes head*. I'm 28 and my boyfriend is 20, you can imagine what it's like :)

I say some bad ones too, like "need?" as in "was there any need for that?", but I stole that from my boyfriend. I also say 'soz' very rarely with certain people instead of sorry, but it's meant in a silly way.
    Since i've moved to portsmouth i've started calling people 'mush' a lot lol, "alright mush?", but that's only funny because i'm a girl and it's something blokes say to each other. Same as 'alriiight geeza?' and I love 'shamon!', whoever said that :D
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    WHATEVER

YES ^^^
  • Ty2010
    Ty2010 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am tickled at the post. WOW! I would have to say "COOL BEANS" and "NO WORRIES" will drive me crazy......We have this one person on my job and all she ever says is "Oh, NO Worries" It is so annoying. If someone sneezes, she will say "No worries" and I just want to scream SHUT UP PLEASE!!!!! and stop saying that!!! Okay I'm done...Off to do my workout!

Theres a tip for you.
    Just in case you were ever thinking of visiting Australia - maybe think again....
    Aussies have a "No worries" lifestyle and the phrase is used alot !

:happy:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Whos you're daddy
  • Ty2010
    Ty2010 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am tickled at the post. WOW! I would have to say "COOL BEANS" and "NO WORRIES" will drive me crazy......We have this one person on my job and all she ever says is "Oh, NO Worries" It is so annoying. If someone sneezes, she will say "No worries" and I just want to scream SHUT UP PLEASE!!!!! and stop saying that!!! Okay I'm done...Off to do my workout!

Theres a tip for you.
    Just in case you were ever thinking of visiting Australia - maybe think again....
    Aussies have a "No worries" lifestyle and the phrase is used alot !

Thanks! I will not EVER go there...Someone would have to admit me into a mental institution......
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Here are a few from the office that drive me crazy:

"Let me pull on that thread a moment" - as in someone else just mentioned idea and the speaker wants to interrupt and take over the meeting obsessing about this thing. I hope that "thread" unravels your brain, buddy, I got better things to do than to let you drag this meeting out.

"I'm going to throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" - WTF?

"Low hanging fruit" - OK, I know you mean "easiest to attack first" but I always think of a guy's junk when I hear this one.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, and my number one most hated new word at the moment is 'hench'. As in "dude, that's so hench", or "my new bike is hench as ****". I have no idea where that came from and i'm never going to use it lol.
    Argh and I hate it when my boyfriend says "what mate?" to me, like i'm one of his guy friends.

I actually hate 'lol', I tend to write haha instead, but it looks a bit stupid on forums. Going back to the multiple letter thing from earlier, my (male) friend wrote this on someone's photo on facebook: "Love ittt missin ya already bbro" - I can sort of understand multiple vowels but bbro? Doesn't even make sense *shakes head*. I'm 28 and my boyfriend is 20, you can imagine what it's like :)

I say some bad ones too, like "need?" as in "was there any need for that?", but I stole that from my boyfriend. I also say 'soz' very rarely with certain people instead of sorry, but it's meant in a silly way.
    Since i've moved to portsmouth i've started calling people 'mush' a lot lol, "alright mush?", but that's only funny because i'm a girl and it's something blokes say to each other. Same as 'alriiight geeza?' and I love 'shamon!', whoever said that :D

I'm pretty sure that was all in English but I didn't get any of it. Thanks for teaching me some new overseas slang! So interesting... =)
  • kshepherds
    kshepherds Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll go first...

It annoys me to no end when people say...

"I know, right"!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I catch myself saying that a lot... :S
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Pop is such a dumb word. I don't drink pop, I drink soda. (actually I don't drink either of those) I hate when it is used on decorating shows too. "ooh this color will just pop!"

I hate anything "off the hook/chain/etc" What the hell does that mean?

I am guilty of overusing the word awesome. I also say really out of date phrases like "right on" and "super cool". I like to think I'm hip in a nerdy mid 30's kind of way.
    It is also used in cooking shows as in "Just pop this in the oven"....drives me mad. I imagine slamming whatever it is in the oven and slamming the door shut...how else do you "pop" something in the oven.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't like when two words are combined...like chillax. (Though i don't hate the people saying the word :flowerforyou: )

My bf always says "lol" or "for lulz" which actually just makes me laugh because it sounds so funny to hear someone saying it. I have been told off by him for saying it's text speak, apparently it's geek speak haha.

I'm sure i annoy people because i say "defo" instead of definitely. Blame my irish cousins :P

I don't like the word "ointment", it gives me bad visuals.

Finally, i dislike pacifically instead of specifically.

I hate chillax! I was suprised it was this far into the thread before someone to posted it, lol.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this is an everywhere thing, or just a toronto thing...but people always say "true". and not in reference to something that is truthful.

it's more along the lines of "so and so is throwing a party tonight..true"

doesn't even make sense...:grumble:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    when people who aren't British try to use Brit slang to make themselves seem cooler / smarter. I HATE this so bad, its so freaking pretentious.