Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    a popular one I loathe is "epic fail"

I just don't get it.

Epic fail is a gamer/D&D term. It was when you rolled to do something so badly, that you basically could not have done any worse.

Yes, my geek is showing... :P
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

"Redonkulous" makes me want to punch someone too. My friend says it all the time. Unbekownst to her, my other friends and I turned it into a drinking game when she's around. :drinker:

that is hilarious!! :laugh:

oh I hate that word too...my friends get the fuzzy eyeball from me when they say that...it's just stupid. I also agree with the "such is life"...that's my mom's reply to anything, can't you just say "*kitten* and have a nap?" that's way better advice. B00bies...I hate the word b00bies...I am 30 years old, they aren't b00bies anymore...
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Just sayin....

:blushing: I'm guilty of this one... and "like" mostly when I describe a conversation... and she was like "Where do you want to go? and he was like "I dont' care..." etc. etc..... it drives people crazy!! :blushing:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

"Redonkulous" makes me want to punch someone too. My friend says it all the time. Unbekownst to her, my other friends and I turned it into a drinking game when she's around. :drinker:

that is hilarious!! :laugh:

oh I hate that word too...my friends get the fuzzy eyeball from me when they say that...it's just stupid. I also agree with the "such is life"...that's my mom's reply to anything, can't you just say "*kitten* and have a nap?" that's way better advice. B00bies...I hate the word b00bies...I am 30 years old, they aren't b00bies anymore...

I hate the word "panties", it just sounds creepy.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Bahahahahahah I say a LOT of this bisnitch and.....I'M PROUD OF IT. Don't hate;) your all still my boo's so let's just rocket lika boss baby!!!! Your all still chill.....

How's that for Urban talk!!!! Bam!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Pop is such a dumb word. I don't drink pop, I drink soda. (actually I don't drink either of those) I hate when it is used on decorating shows too. "ooh this color will just pop!"

Pop makes me roll my eyes. I can't stand it. My friend is from the midwest so I hear it a lot.

Hater/hateraid. If I didn't hate you before, I sure as hell do now.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Don't know if they're in here yet, I couldn't read all five pages... but I hate Snap, Boom and Yummo (House, that guy on CSI and Rachael Ray... get your own catch phrase!)
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Epic fail can be okay in the right circumstances....like when my 6 year old was bouncing up and down on my workout ball, it popped, she fell, and cried and cried. Her 10 year old brother looked at her and said, "epic fail."
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Epic fail can be okay in the right circumstances....like when my 6 year old was bouncing up and down on my workout ball, it popped, she fell, and cried and cried. Her 10 year old brother looked at her and said, "epic fail."

that's totally awesome!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    That's what she said. :explode:

hate! lol
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    I really dislike when I do something and someone says "You go girl" UGH! Didn't like it that much when Martin said it and still dont' like it :/
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    It's not urban, it's an MFP phrase..... The word journey.

Aaaah man, that hurts my feelings. :cry:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    My wife overuses this one WAY too much.

"Not right now I'm not in the mood"

WTF?!??!

LOL, I find nothing wrong with this phrase.....at all...:laugh:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    It's not urban, it's an MFP phrase..... The word journey.

Aaaah man, that hurts my feelings. :cry:

Aww...you guys made Tuff cry.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say "swell" or "keen"
    or "top drawer" that one really gets me too
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I really don't like it when someone uses, "whilst." Sounds like they're trying too damn hard to sound different.
  • cassieeee10
    Options
    "Cool story, bro." That statement makes me angry lol

"What up cuh" Everyone in college said this. You sound so dumb. Ugh.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    saying or typing "k" instead of ok... really its just one more letter!

Hahaha It drives me crazy. I yell at my fiancé when he texts "k" back to me. I also don't like "love" spelled like "luv" and when someone types "love you". I want to see the "I" in front of that sentence. I'm weird. lol
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say "vacay" instead of "vacation".