Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Oh another one--I won't even read a post on Facebook, a forum, etc if it's written like this:

Muh baby daddy dont go no ideaz on how to take care of hiz kid.

Dat right der makes me wanna jump outta da window.

Along with other "words" like: wuz, coulda, shoulda, woulda, boo, brotha, etc.

I'm with you on that one! It takes me way too long to figure out what they're saying.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    what is "bang tidy"?
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    "sleep" in the place of "asleep"
    Drives me nucking futs. "he's sleep"
    SERIOUSLY?!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    As the mother of 4 teens, this thread is cracking me up. I hear most of this on a daily basis and sometime even find myself falling into some of it. The one that drives me the craziest though is the constant use and miss-use of the word "ho".
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "mad". .... For example. "You're mad coool, bro".
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I personally hate the word 'chav' as I think it is used too broadly and with little understanding of it's origin. But I wil educate rather than hate those that use the word.

What does "chav" mean?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old is going through a "DUDE" phase. Drives me mad crazy.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    duuuuuuuuuuuude. there's nothing wrong with dude! :laugh:

signed,
    the socal native
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    "What it do?" --Drives me nuts.

"What time it is?" --Maybe I like grammar too much.

"I'll holla at you later."

"Deuces."-- :-/ I've said it a few times, but everyone looks at me weird. As a really white substitute teacher [sounds too southern when speaking], I seem to get the gangsta generation to start rolling on the floor laughing at me. I told them to kick rocks. Ha.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I call everybody dude, but basically anything my husband says annoys me. I admit to saying "awesome sauce" on occasion as well. I have no idea where I got it...

my sister in law always says "it took me a minute to lose five pounds." what do you mean it took you a minute? I want it to take a minute for me to lose five pounds! that would be awesome!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

Bahaha BJ dude i say dude ALL the time!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Bahaha BJ dude i say dude ALL the time!
    You are just lucky you and my 9 year old are too big to spank.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I say dude....BUT in way like "dude thats freaking gross" .....a bad curse phrase that i say is "f" my "a"hiole....just, not so censored.....usually when i stub my toe,
    and i say skitters for diarrhea....or i make diarrhea into a action "she was diarrhea-ing all freaking night long"
    I say what it do or what it dookie....

Yeah, like i said before, I dont' think any of you would want to spend like one hour with me lol.....
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Going to -> Fixing to -> Fixin' to -> "fittin' to" What's next, "fintu?" Regionalism is one thing, but at least know what you're saying.

To me, "epic" implies "don't expect to see anything this significant again in your or your grand-children's lifetimes," not "he spilled his coke, haha."

But the WORST is when the dictionary actually adds new words that are based on fads and ignorance!!!! That is not "evolving language" it is "disintegrating language!" Don't legitimize ignorance as if to say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

I think this has been one of my favorite threads on MFP so far!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I hate the word 'Blog'. I just do. Just seems like something a preppy douche would say on a regular basis.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am tickled at the post. WOW! I would have to say "COOL BEANS" and "NO WORRIES" will drive me crazy......We have this one person on my job and all she ever says is "Oh, NO Worries" It is so annoying. If someone sneezes, she will say "No worries" and I just want to scream SHUT UP PLEASE!!!!! and stop saying that!!! Okay I'm done...Off to do my workout!

Theres a tip for you.
    Just in case you were ever thinking of visiting Australia - maybe think again....
    Aussies have a "No worries" lifestyle and the phrase is used alot !

Thanks! I will not EVER go there...Someone would have to admit me into a mental institution......

she'll be right mate, a true aussie bloke will say "No Wukkas" anyway

(No F*****G Worries = No Wukking Forries = No Wukkas)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

I personally hate the word 'chav' as I think it is used too broadly and with little understanding of it's origin. But I wil educate rather than hate those that use the word.

What does "chav" mean?

http://imgoing2hell.blogspot.com/2006/04/things-that-make-you-chav_05.html

lmao
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Everything is "wicked" now...
  • toots99
    Options

But the WORST is when the dictionary actually adds new words that are based on fads and ignorance!!!! That is not "evolving language" it is "disintegrating language!" Don't legitimize ignorance as if to say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Love it!
  • toots99
    Options

What does "chav" mean?

http://imgoing2hell.blogspot.com/2006/04/things-that-make-you-chav_05.html

lmao

:laugh:

This was one of the replies to the explanation of a "chav":

"yo im a chav an 2 proud ov it! i dow see nufink rung wid chavs man jus cuz we lyk 2 wear designer clothes (wich ent usually fake) dats meks us bad ppl?!? i mean wahs up wid all da steriotypin man u make us out 2 be bad ppl n dat we am alwayz skint n fik n cor tlk proply... we am wat we am at da end ov da day ent no1 gna change us ennit"

What...the...hell? :noway: