Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE the expression "switching it up" or "mixing it up" WTF is wrong with the word VARY? Why add unnecessary pronouns?
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    Shawty.

Okay..?

My boyfriend asked me once "Why do all these people nowadays sing about Sharlene? Who is she and what makes her so special?" I wasn't sure what he meant so he clarified "You know, like in that song...Sharlene's like a melody in my head" I about died when I realized what he meant.

This is too funny, thanks for sharing!!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The latest verbal tic I've encountered is "so" to preface every remark. Not the "so" in "I so love these shoes." No, the "so" that annoys me usually in a business setting..."So, we're going to roll out the new product...." or "So, what I need from group is..." Almost any comment can carry a "so" at the beginning. I'm hoping this one comes and goes quickly. So, I hope I have explained myself clearly.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh another one--I won't even read a post on Facebook, a forum, etc if it's written like this:

Muh baby daddy dont go no ideaz on how to take care of hiz kid.

Dat right der makes me wanna jump outta da window.

Along with other "words" like: wuz, coulda, shoulda, woulda, boo, brotha, etc.
  • rchristison
    rchristison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My 22 year old son says "you feel me?" after eveything - drives me crazy.
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    a popular one I loathe is "epic fail"

I just don't get it.
    Amen and amen!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You should smack him and say "You feel that dog?"
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    so I'm glad none of you know me in real life, because you would all most likely hate me....so i will make a list of the words i use, and quite often

Cool beans, baby daddy/momma, trippin, ultimate(i.e. i am the ultimate user of these words), like, guesstimate, for reals, I know right, you know what i mean/saying, chillax, coolness, its poppin, i got faded, conversate, legit, off the chizzain/hook, for shizzle my nizzle, oh my god(at least i don't abbreviate it) but i do abbreviate brb when i'm talking....i usually say brb gfs(even if its all guys) i write way too many letters in my words when i type, i think it adds emphasis(girrrrl please), most of the time when i'm saying *urban* phrases, im saying it in a joking manner (like i would enver answer someone seriously with a for shizle my nizzle), oh and i use the word creeper a lot. and i shorten the genitalia, like i say peen and vag instead of the real words. And i call my alcoholic beverages sizzurp, cause i think that song is hilarious (sippin on some sizurrrrrrp) and i'm sure any other words y'all hate are ones i say....but usually in jokes

BUT i do have one word that i just cannot stand....bra....bra is something you wear to cover your breasticles, not what you call a friend.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    just deleted a few posts and edited posts containing them. Thought they should be edited before they escalated following several reports.

Cheers,
    Ms_Natalie

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator :flowerforyou:
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    the word 'soda' for 'pop'. haha , sounds wrong to me ! soda is baking soda !:laugh:
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You should smack him and say "You feel that dog?"

Literally nearly pmsl lol.
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Quoting: (quote function not working for me right now) "I hate the word 'panties', it just sounds creepy."

[/quote]

Me too! I thought I was the only one. I have no logical reason to dislike the word, but it drives me nuts!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    so I'm glad none of you know me in real life, because you would all most likely hate me....so i will make a list of the words i use, and quite often

Cool beans, baby daddy/momma, trippin, ultimate(i.e. i am the ultimate user of these words), like, guesstimate, for reals, I know right, you know what i mean/saying, chillax, coolness, its poppin, i got faded, conversate, legit, off the chizzain/hook, for shizzle my nizzle, oh my god(at least i don't abbreviate it) but i do abbreviate brb when i'm talking....i usually say brb gfs(even if its all guys) i write way too many letters in my words when i type, i think it adds emphasis(girrrrl please), most of the time when i'm saying *urban* phrases, im saying it in a joking manner (like i would enver answer someone seriously with a for shizle my nizzle), oh and i use the word creeper a lot. and i shorten the genitalia, like i say peen and vag instead of the real words. And i call my alcoholic beverages sizzurp, cause i think that song is hilarious (sippin on some sizurrrrrrp) and i'm sure any other words y'all hate are ones i say....but usually in jokes

BUT i do have one word that i just cannot stand....bra....bra is something you wear to cover your breasticles, not what you call a friend.

We could be friends in real life, b/c I like people with a sense of humor & a lil' flava lol :happy:
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    Epic. Its so overused pretty much everything is "epic". Even worse when its followed by "fail".
    Totes, obvi, and whatev. Seriously, its like 2 more syllables.
    Winning. I'll admit, it was funny like the first 5 times. But its another one of those phrases that is so overused its just annoying.
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    the word 'soda' for 'pop'. haha , sounds wrong to me ! soda is baking soda !:laugh:

I'm the complete opposite. I hate the word "pop"! LOL
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So, um like, my boo and my baby momma just started this epic journey and I'm, like, k this is def going to be amazing! They're like, I know, right!? And I'm like, just don't become a hater, k? Just chill. Cause this is going to be epic. They're like, yea this is totally t*ts. And I'm like, totally f*cking t*ts.

Obvi this is a joke. Winning! kthxbye

I actually know people that that like this, so annoying
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    Shawty.

Okay..?

My boyfriend asked me once "Why do all these people nowadays sing about Sharlene? Who is she and what makes her so special?" I wasn't sure what he meant so he clarified "You know, like in that song...Sharlene's like a melody in my head" I about died when I realized what he meant.

LOL my mom thought he was saying "chinese" at first. She called me up saying she didn't get it so I had to explain it to her.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

Quoting: (quote function not working for me right now) "I hate the word 'panties', it just sounds creepy."

[/quote]

Me too! I thought I was the only one. I have no logical reason to dislike the word, but it drives me nuts!
    [/quote]

So needless to say i'm a natural blonde and i have my moments.....I was working at kmart for all of 2 seconds, and we had to write out tags one time and i kept writing pannies on the top of the thing, and the lady was all "um, it's panties"

I have never called them panties, it reminds me of those weird men that sniff/wear them....p-a-n-n-i-e-s
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    Oh and i shorten A LOT of words....its bad, or i have to say it with an izzle ir izz....and i say "shamon" instead of come on....i like to think i'm michael jackson. and i say "doll" a lot....
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I can't stand "My bad!"!