Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow, I pretty much agree on all these. I also can't deal with (although it's not urban) "ginormous."

Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.

Actually I like that one - going to try that out at work tomorrow. What would be a suitable context?

Hahaha. Assuming you mean, "awesome sauce," I've heard it as an exclamation on its own, or as an adjective. "...this awesome sauce thread..."

Please don't do it!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have meetings I don't want to go to - not awesome sauce. So going to work it in there.

'"The GP think tank brain stormed the concepts we threw out there and they are on board with the Electronic Discharge "

"AWSOMESAUCE"

Yea, I hate management speak more than I hate 'urban' or 'youth' speak. Us middle aged should know better lol.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Guess I'm not getting any friend request from in here.

I found some I hate though. I can't stand redunkculous....what the *kitten* does that mean?

Or my ALL time most hated phrase. It is what it is. What the hell!! No *kitten* really. Of course it is. But what is worse is when they say "well nothing we can do. It is what it is" and then ten minutes later their moaning about it. Well it obviously isn't if your still crying over it.

Not sure if this one if considered Urban but....I hate when my step says "we are just gonna do life". One big WTF! As in "we aren't gonna rush around to get it done we are just gonna do life". Ugh every friggin thing we do IS life you totempole!
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    @ Skittybang - check out failblog.org. That sort of explains the "epic fail" thing. Also I love your headbanging chic - that's really funny :)

I hate it when people put "like" in front of every single word. I just want to shake them and say, "Think about what you're going to say BEFORE you start talking!!!!"

YAY FOR FAILBLOG! I am a Failblogger! And I love epic failure.
    Epic Failure to the ones who don't get Epic Fail! (Please don't hate me).
  • JennyJH
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bfW-Cs7WjfU

Used 'Awesomesauce' on facebook for the above lol.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say "vacay" instead of "vacation".

What about "staycation?"

Or really any one of those buzzwords that is currently popular for the next 5 minutes.

My co-worker does this all the time. She is completely computer illiterate but thinks she's the coolest person ever when she tells a customer that she's going to go "BING IT!" And she annunciates words in the most obnoxious manner when she thinks she's being cool.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    It's a shame we don't all have the power to change how everyone in the World chooses to speak/type.
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    Wow, I pretty much agree on all these. I also can't deal with (although it's not urban) "ginormous."

Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.

Actually I like that one - going to try that out at work tomorrow. What would be a suitable context?

Hahaha. Assuming you mean, "awesome sauce," I've heard it as an exclamation on its own, or as an adjective. "...this awesome sauce thread..."

I have meetings I don't want to go to - not awesome sauce. So going to work it in there.

'"The GP think tank brain stormed the concepts we threw out there and they are on board with the Electronic Discharge "

"AWSOMESAUCE"

Yea, I hate management speak more than I hate 'urban' or 'youth' speak. Us middle aged should know better lol.

Not awesomesauce. It's saucesome.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Didn't real 5 pages.

Keeping it real
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    "cool beans"
    WHY BEANS?!?!

I used to say that about 3 or 4 decades ago. It's from the cartoon Speed Racer. Since the movie came out, I'm hearing it again.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I hate "soooo". "I'm sooooo going to get those shoes!" "I soooo love that bag!"

I soooooooooooooo hate when people say that. So is like very. You don't say "I'm verrrrrrrrry going to get those shoes."
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people add extra letters to words when they are posting on Facebook, etc.

"I'm going to the storeeeeeeeee"
    or
    "I have the best boyfriendddd everrrrrrrr"

It makes me want to punch them.

OMG, my niece does that everyyyy timeeee she posts on Facebook. Drives me insaneeeee!!!
  • JennyJH
    Options

"AWSOMESAUCE"

Not awesomesauce. It's saucesome.

Like that even better lol :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ax instead of ask.

KK - In the barest sens, i understand K. It is a time saver. You shaved off one whole stroke. But KK? It is 2 key stroke, just like ok. But, you say, you really don't have to move your finger on KK. Except the O is right above the K.

I also get LOL, etc. Admittedly I felt dirty for a while every time I type it out. But LOOOOOOOL, LLLLMMMMAAAAAOOO, etc? That's almost as many keystrokes as typing out the words and what is it implying? It is the echo from the laughter in the bathroom?
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, so if this is a repeat, I apologize.

Ya know? (NO I DON'T KNOW, why don't you explain it to me.)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL! I live in the country in TN - EVERYBODY (black, white or other) says they are Fixin' to do something! I can't complain, 10 years of hearing it and my new southern drawl has incorporated a few "fixin" "darlin" and "y'all's" :laugh:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is a great thread! I DETEST Plies for attempting to make "Bruh Bruh" popular...argggg....Why mispronounce the word TWICE?

another: When someone says "Real Talk"..after EVERY sentence...As opposed to fake talk? Like....LYING? Now I know I cant trust you...

and another: Starting every sentence with.."I Promise you".....Why promise me? What if you were wrong? Then you broke your promise...BAH...(and I STILL can't trust you)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'll go first...

It annoys me to no end when people say...

"I know, right"!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LOL My sister once told me she wants to punch me in the face everytime I said that in front of her.
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just ... like ... dont like it... like... when people cant talk ...like... without saying like.... like....

Honestly - that really sounds ****.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Oh I just thought of another!!

"I Miss your face"....soooo annoying!

Aw I saw that to my boyfriend after not seeing him for a few days
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I can't stand "hubby" or "wifey" when they aren't married!