Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I hate when people call soda "pop". Although I've grown up in Detroit my whole life, I just don't get it.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Shawty.

Okay..?

My boyfriend asked me once "Why do all these people nowadays sing about Sharlene? Who is she and what makes her so special?" I wasn't sure what he meant so he clarified "You know, like in that song...Sharlene's like a melody in my head" I about died when I realized what he meant.

OMFG that just LIKE madz me LIKE ROFL! That was AWESOMELY funny BRO. :wink:

No really, that was hella funny. :laugh:
    In 2001 I was in Cozumel and they kept playing some rap songs over and over. Now I know it was Shaggy and Nellie, two separate songs, but my BF said it was the same artist because "they both refer to this 'Shorty' person" now I look back-10 years ago!! and it makes me laugh because we were not up on that at all.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My wife overuses this one WAY too much.

"Not right now I'm not in the mood"

WTF?!??!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    "Such is life" -- My boss uses this ALL THE TIME.

C'est la vie :wink:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Pop is such a dumb word. I don't drink pop, I drink soda. (actually I don't drink either of those) I hate when it is used on decorating shows too. "ooh this color will just pop!"

I hate anything "off the hook/chain/etc" What the hell does that mean?

I am guilty of overusing the word awesome. I also say really out of date phrases like "right on" and "super cool". I like to think I'm hip in a nerdy mid 30's kind of way.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.

OMG, me too! I like literally want to rip someone's head of. Know what I mean? Just sayin'. :indifferent:
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOL, PMSL, WTF, OMG, KK, Hate all these, mainly seen on Facebook! Just write in full English FFS!
    ha ha ha! :tongue:
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    One that I can't stand and people sound so dumb who say it - I "Axed" him a question !
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

"Redonkulous" makes me want to punch someone too. My friend says it all the time. Unbekownst to her, my other friends and I turned it into a drinking game when she's around. :drinker:

that is hilarious!! :laugh:
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.

OMG, me too! I like literally want to rip someone's head of. Know what I mean? Just sayin'. :indifferent:

Add me to the awesome sauce hatin' list.
  • mikeyml
    Options
    My wife overuses this one WAY too much.

"Not right now I'm not in the mood"

WTF?!??!

Was she talking about cooking dinner? :wink: It's a joke people, I'm just kidding.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    "cool beans"
    WHY BEANS?!?!

*i'm so guilty of this. as well as "epic fail"...
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    another one....when a guy calls a girl dude, ugh, hate it!

my son calls me dude sometimes... he always catches himself, but he calls EVERYONE Dude.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Aight, rye rye rye = Allright, right right right
  • mikeyml
    Options
    Dude, broseph just chillax.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Me too!

And "bangin'" drives me nuts..

Biggest annoyance: "FML" -- Really?? "I just walked out to my car and forgot my phone.. FML"

I hate it so much.. Nothing is worth saying that.. Unless it's like, "My house just burned down and my friend saved me but died in the fire. I've lost everything and can't go on.. FML" Then maybe.

FML is terrible! I caught my sister posting to her facebook "Ugh, mom screamed at me, FML." Ya? You're life is terrible for getting reprimanded because she caught you j/o-ing the neighbor? Eff you're life? I'm sure she's not crazy about hers.

OMG!!! I had to read this 3 times Skitty! LMFOA!!!
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hate when people call soda "pop". Although I've grown up in Detroit my whole life, I just don't get it.

Think this is a British thing - we call carbonated drinks ' fizzy pop'! :wink:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I HATE these 2..."Dont trip" "I got you faded"
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i hate "sick"

Me too! I went to see "Hangover 2" last week and there was a teenager beside me that kept saying thing's were sick, but they weren't the same thing's I thought were sick i.e. he said the speedboat was sick and I was thinking how can a speedboat be sick! I think I must be getting old!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I really hate "for reals".

I also can't stand it when people put wtwo words together to make a new one, such as "manscaping", or "metrosexual".

Actually, I think I hate almost everything any other human says or does. People are stupid. :ohwell: