Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Shawty.

Okay..?

My boyfriend asked me once "Why do all these people nowadays sing about Sharlene? Who is she and what makes her so special?" I wasn't sure what he meant so he clarified "You know, like in that song...Sharlene's like a melody in my head" I about died when I realized what he meant.

OMFG that just LIKE madz me LIKE ROFL! That was AWESOMELY funny BRO. :wink:

No really, that was hella funny. :laugh:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    So, um like, my boo and my baby momma just started this epic journey and I'm, like, k this is def going to be amazing! They're like, I know, right!? And I'm like, just don't become a hater, k? Just chill. Cause this is going to be epic. They're like, yea this is totally t*ts. And I'm like, totally f*cking t*ts.

Obvi this is a joke. Winning! kthxbye

HAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    So, um like, my boo and my baby momma just started this epic journey and I'm, like, k this is def going to be amazing! They're like, I know, right!? And I'm like, just don't become a hater, k? Just chill. Cause this is going to be epic. They're like, yea this is totally t*ts. And I'm like, totally f*cking t*ts.

Obvi this is a joke. Winning! kthxbye

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Awesomesauce!
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • mrssparkle
    mrssparkle Posts: 47
    Options
    I gave it 110% or 120% or any figure more than 100%. How can you give more than 100%. It is really annoying!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow, I pretty much agree on all these. I also can't deal with (although it's not urban) "ginormous."

Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.

Actually I like that one - going to try that out at work tomorrow. What would be a suitable context?

Hahaha. Assuming you mean, "awesome sauce," I've heard it as an exclamation on its own, or as an adjective. "...this awesome sauce thread..."

Please don't do it!:laugh:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Down south here all the older black women are "Fixing" to go to the store or to church or whatever, it's so "Epic", don't you think so BOO ?

Older people from southern states of ANY ethnicity say "fixing". Thanks. See Paula Deen.

Amen.... For a long time I didnt know it wasnt actually gramatically correct. I still use it anyway.
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    "I have a headache" That has to be the worst phrase EVER!!!!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    "F*ckin-A"

I have never understood that.. Very overused!
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people add extra letters to words when they are posting on Facebook, etc.

"I'm going to the storeeeeeeeee"
    or
    "I have the best boyfriendddd everrrrrrrr"

It makes me want to punch them.
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It is what it is!!!!!!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    "Um... thanks?" <---- Hate this!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It is what it is!!!!!!!

This is BY FAR my most hated phrase! I had a boss who used this for everything! I'm an accountant, THAT PHRASE DOES NOT ALWAYS APPLY! argh.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It seems like every celebrity now thinks EVERYTHING is "AMAZING".....I HATE that! It was soooo amazing....she was soooo amazing.......everything was AMAZZZZZING.....Yeah....SHUT UP! lol

YES!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!! I was just talking about that word is sooo overly used lately to one of my friends...AMAZING...

I overheard a girl on the train say a play was "amazing" more times than necessary. I promise it was 4-5x.

I would have punched her in the back of the head and said.....Wow! THAT was AMAZING! LMAO! Im kinda mean, though, lol.

I love the word amazing.......I'll refrain from calling the word "amazing" amazing, but I really like the word xD I'll make sure to be careful the next time I speak. :indifferent:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kansas, and a lot of people say that...except that it's ''fixin'' and not ''fixing.'' I'm guilty of this on occasion though...Anyways, my little brother (almost 13) says "that's pimpin'," or he'll call some random person a "pimp" or "wannabe pimp." Last time he said that I just looked at him and asked if he knew what a pimp was...he didn't, and being that amazing (hehehe) older sister I am, I informed him. :laugh: He doesn't use that word as much anymore.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ok, one more I have to add is in texting, when people write "kk." Ok, "k" is an abbreviation of ok, but how the f does "kk" make any kind of sense? One more "k," and it's a hate group. In general, that kills me--when a slang term is used supposedly to abbreviate something, and then you end up with the same number of syllables as before. Like someone mentioned, "omg."

Ok, I know I sound like a nerd, but oh well.
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    "Such is life" -- My boss uses this ALL THE TIME.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    " oh damn that's t*ts!" WTF? I like t*ts and nothing else is going to be them no matter how awesome it is.

YES!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even aware of this hatred (or over use of) "I know, right?" but some advice collumnist said this is a good retort to people who point obvious things like, "your husband is a foot taller than you." I thought it was a perfect response, but now I know...
    I hate the expression "brain fart" hate it hate it hate it.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "My Bad" ... that one drives me crazy!

I also don't like Baby Daddy/Momma and ...

I hate seeing FML on anything. I am a big believer in karma/that you get what you put out there/you reap what you sew, etc. "FML" is just asking for misery to aim straight for your life ...
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    " oh damn that's t*ts!" WTF? I like t*ts and nothing else is going to be them no matter how awesome it is.

YES!!

Haha.. Reminds me.. When that song "Tipsy" first came out, I swore it sounded like, "Err-ah body in the club gettin' t*ts.." I thought, "They can say that on the radio?!"