Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I just, like, totally hate it when girls say sentences that sound like questions?
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just sayin....
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Shawty.

Okay..?

My boyfriend asked me once "Why do all these people nowadays sing about Sharlene? Who is she and what makes her so special?" I wasn't sure what he meant so he clarified "You know, like in that song...Sharlene's like a melody in my head" I about died when I realized what he meant.
    I love it!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You know, all these words are fine if you say them ironically :laugh:

Not.

(Another pet hate)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    "cool beans"
    WHY BEANS?!?!

Because...because...I don't really know why, to be honest. I'm guilty of this one, though. :blushing:
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    It seems like every celebrity now thinks EVERYTHING is "AMAZING".....I HATE that! It was soooo amazing....she was soooo amazing.......everything was AMAZZZZZING.....Yeah....SHUT UP! lol

Just like every rapper who wins an award has to start his speach by saying "Firs and fo'mos I gotta thank...."

EXACTLY!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    "Ima" as in Ima stop at McDonalds.

"Know what I'm sayin" <<No. I don't know what you are saying.

"Get off" As in "I need gas but I don't want to get off my car." <<grrrrrrr!

"hateraide" << my boss seriously over uses this.

"like" before every word << as another poster stated, THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

"Baby momma" and "baby daddy"

"sick"

"twisted"

I'm sure there are many more but that's all I can think of for right now.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Biggest annoyance: "FML" -- Really?? "I just walked out to my car and forgot my phone.. FML"

I hate it so much.. Nothing is worth saying that.. Unless it's like, "My house just burned down and my friend saved me but died in the fire. I've lost everything and can't go on.. FML" Then maybe.

That would be truly sad for it to happen but it made me laugh!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Shawty.

Okay..?

My boyfriend asked me once "Why do all these people nowadays sing about Sharlene? Who is she and what makes her so special?" I wasn't sure what he meant so he clarified "You know, like in that song...Sharlene's like a melody in my head" I about died when I realized what he meant.

HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The phrase bothers me, but the picture cracks me up.

orF82.jpg
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow, I pretty much agree on all these. I also can't deal with (although it's not urban) "ginormous."

Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    It seems like every celebrity now thinks EVERYTHING is "AMAZING".....I HATE that! It was soooo amazing....she was soooo amazing.......everything was AMAZZZZZING.....Yeah....SHUT UP! lol

YES!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!! I was just talking about that word is sooo overly used lately to one of my friends...AMAZING...

I overheard a girl on the train say a play was "amazing" more times than necessary. I promise it was 4-5x.

I would have punched her in the back of the head and said.....Wow! THAT was AMAZING! LMAO! Im kinda mean, though, lol.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    Baby Momma

Baby Daddy

"Know what I'm sayin"- No I really dont slow down and speak english. HA
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow, I pretty much agree on all these. I also can't deal with (although it's not urban) "ginormous."

Also, I heard 2 people recently say "awesome sauce," and it made me contemplate violence.

Actually I like that one - going to try that out at work tomorrow. What would be a suitable context?
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Ok, another one I just heard....my son said he hadn't seen his friend in a minute. In a minute? It's been 6 months!
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    This thread has made my day. :happy:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    "Really" "seriously". "True dat" "my bad". "Just sayin" "for reals"
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    Ok, another one I just heard....my son said he hadn't seen his friend in a minute. In a minute? It's been 6 months!

Hahaha.

Oh, and "Jus sayin'"
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So, um like, my boo and my baby momma just started this epic journey and I'm, like, k this is def going to be amazing! They're like, I know, right!? And I'm like, just don't become a hater, k? Just chill. Cause this is going to be epic. They're like, yea this is totally t*ts. And I'm like, totally f*cking t*ts.

Obvi this is a joke. Winning! kthxbye
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    conversate...why make up a word when there is one that already exists?

Was just talking about this the other day!
    And it was used more than once and in a professional setting, that I was beginning to think maybe I had missed the memo!

My top cringe phrase though is "hey shawty" if you call me shorty one more time I'm gonna kick your *kitten*!!!