Urban phrases that you HATE!!

Options

Replies

• 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    "Winning!"

Hahaha ~ this one I actually find a bit funny. People are quoting Charlie Sheen in his infamous ranting interviews (I think it was with Diane Sawyer or Barbara Walters, one of those primetime news shows, lol)
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not urban but I absolutely hate when people use the word "magical" to describe anything.
  • Rheenz
    Rheenz Posts: 23
    Options
    I say all of these things. Now that I am aware how annoying I am I will say them with more regularity... LIKE A BOSS!!!!
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It seems like every celebrity now thinks EVERYTHING is "AMAZING".....I HATE that! It was soooo amazing....she was soooo amazing.......everything was AMAZZZZZING.....Yeah....SHUT UP! lol

YES!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!! I was just talking about that word is sooo overly used lately to one of my friends...AMAZING...

I overheard a girl on the train say a play was "amazing" more times than necessary. I promise it was 4-5x.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It's not urban, it's an MFP phrase..... The word journey.
    See my profile. :laugh:

Seriously, you rock.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    UGH. Almost anything my teenage son says that he picked up at school because he wants to fit in.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

That's a good one too, I cringe a little everytime I see it.

Lifestyle change gets me kinda,it always makes me think they are changing their sexuality
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    "winning!" i still don't get it.

I think that phrase died with charlie sheen's career after Two and Half Men thing. I feel bad now. I call my GF my boo, and have admittedly called a situation an EPIC FAIL in the past. I inexplicably call people Dude, I have no recollection of where I would pick up that habit.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I'll go first...

It annoys me to no end when people say...

"I know, right"!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    :laugh: I say this all the time... and now my 4-year-old daughter even says it! HA HA HA HA.... Anyway, the one that gets me is "peeps". I think of the icky marshmallow birds every time! I think it's on its way out, thank God, but really. I hate it when people say it.
  • Peanut1026
    Peanut1026 Posts: 85
    Options
    i hate it when someone is trying to get your attention and they say "yo bra(bro)", or when they see something cool or they like they say "thats mad cool yo"!
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    Im out.... hate this one too!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    "winning!" i still don't get it.

charlie sheen duh... and the funny thing is im laughing because i talk like that except for boo and the ones like that
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    another one....when a guy calls a girl dude, ugh, hate it!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I like this thread :glasses:

Also, when people say "I'm not a diet." Whatever you eat is considered your diet. If I was stranded in the wilderness and had a choice between eating grubs or eating nothing - that's the only time I won't be on a diet.

I am definitely guilty of these other phrases.. one of my ringtones of a loop of "winning." so annoyingly funny.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Baby Daddy, I hate hate hate that term!

same here! And Baby Mama

DITTO
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Not urban but I absolutely hate when people use the word "magical" to describe anything.

I bet you're not a fan of Apple products... :bigsmile:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    i hate "sick"

Me too!

And "bangin'" drives me nuts..

Biggest annoyance: "FML" -- Really?? "I just walked out to my car and forgot my phone.. FML"

I hate it so much.. Nothing is worth saying that.. Unless it's like, "My house just burned down and my friend saved me but died in the fire. I've lost everything and can't go on.. FML" Then maybe.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    ANY unneccessary abbreviations- totes (totally), abbrevs (abbreviations), def (definitely), obvi (obvious/obviously)

GRRRRR none of these words are that difficult just spit it out!!

^^What she said
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'll go first...

It annoys me to no end when people say...

"I know, right"!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My 8 year old step-son says this ALL THE TIME. It's probably the most overly used phrase in my house! :huh:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options

That's a good one too, I cringe a little everytime I see it.

Lifestyle change gets me kinda,it always makes me think they are changing their sexuality
    That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw it too.