muscle DOES NOT weigh more than fat!!!!

Options

Replies

• watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Best analogy ever. Wow just brilliant.
    Five dollars worth of manure costs the same as five dollars worth of gold, but not many will argue with me if I say gold is more expensive than cow poop.

The "by volume" is implied.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    But it does. Say you have a cubic foot of muscle and a cubic foot of fat. The muscle will weigh more.

a pound is a pound is a pound. It make take up more or less space..but a pound is a pound no matter how you look at it.
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    Muscle is way better for you. :)
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OP: we know a pound is a pound. We know muscle is more dense. CAN WE STOP NOW?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    Five dollars worth of manure costs the same as five dollars worth of gold, but not many will argue with me if I say gold is more expensive than cow poop.

I'd rather be worth my weight in gold than cow poop. :tongue:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Yeah it does weigh more than fat and it tastes better too. :laugh:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    True a pound is a pound. But a pound of feathers equalling a pound of lead doesn't mean that we think of them as weighing the same. The volume would be different, so I agree with another poster, that's what people mean.

Muscle is more compact, I think. When I was in great shape and very muscular I didn't look like I weighed as much as I did. But when I'm out of shape, I sure do, because I take up more space even though I weigh the same.
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    I posted a similar post over a month ago. Pound of lead
    VS a pound of feathers. Weighs the same. Space it takes up is different. I was ripped a new one by a bunch of punk young mean girls~ or over bearing controling grown women. It was CRAZZZZZZYYYYYY. My post was nice and not in your face or anything close to an aggressive post. I could not believe the immature snotty women.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    This is idiotic. By this logic, nothing weighs more than anything else. Apparently steel and cotton weigh the same. A pound of each is the same...

o_O

When an equal volume of one thing weighs more than the same volume of another thing, the first thing WEIGHS MORE.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    really who cares take a chill pill
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    oh!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    o i know drives me nuts too
  • luvmybaby333
    Options

This post wins the thread.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    This is idiotic. By this logic, nothing weighs more than anything else. Apparently steel and cotton weigh the same. A pound of each is the same...

o_O

When an equal volume of one thing weighs more than the same volume of another thing, the first thing WEIGHS MORE.

You got it wrong. Volume and weight are different. There will of course be more cotton to accumulate a pound that it takes for steel, BUT A POUND IS STILL A POUND NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT TAKES TO CREATE THE POUND (or how little as it pertains to muscle and fat)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This again?... really?

Didnt we just argue about this last week.

and the week before.... and the week before..
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    But it does. Say you have a cubic foot of muscle and a cubic foot of fat. The muscle will weigh more.

a cubic foot is a measurment of area.... not a measurement of weight.

FTW!!
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    Honestly? Do you need a whole thread to tell people that pound is a pound? When people say that muscle weighs more than fat they mean by volume. Anyone who is able to use this website will know that a pound is a pound. So are you saying that steel weighs the same as fethers? and water same as air? and everything in the world weighs the same, just have a different size? And you weigh the same as me, as pound of you = a pound of me? MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT BY VOLUME. thats what people mean. Dont insult anyones intelligence.

this
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    This again?... really?

Didnt we just argue about this last week.

and the week before.... and the week before..

Yep, we covered made up faces and ugly faces at the gym all yesterday, tomorrow will be....HCG or Paleo...or whatever.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think what we are referring to is that muscle is more dense than fat. So instead of saying, "muscle weighs more than fat," can we all agree to say that "muscle is more dense than fat?" That should make everyone happy!