5'10" ladies what's your goal?

Options

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    5'10" and started at 176. now at 157 with an ultimate goal between 140-145. would love to be 128-135 (high school weight) but i think those days are behind me! i'm very bottom heavy so even at 128 i didn't look tiny because my thunder thighs just never go away, but i'm also fitter now so hoping that if i lose 10-15 more and tone up that i'll look just as good, if not better, than my 130 days. it really is different for each person!

That is funny that you say that. I am the exact same way. I am 133 now (smallest 125 in college) but I never looked like a stick because my thighs never seem to get smaller no matter what I do. I am starting 30 DS in a week or so and I am hoping that will help.
  • sdj13
    sdj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    5'10" and started at 176. now at 157 with an ultimate goal between 140-145. would love to be 128-135 (high school weight) but i think those days are behind me! i'm very bottom heavy so even at 128 i didn't look tiny because my thunder thighs just never go away, but i'm also fitter now so hoping that if i lose 10-15 more and tone up that i'll look just as good, if not better, than my 130 days. it really is different for each person!

That is funny that you say that. I am the exact same way. I am 133 now (smallest 125 in college) but I never looked like a stick because my thighs never seem to get smaller no matter what I do. I am starting 30 DS in a week or so and I am hoping that will help.

I'm starting another round of 30 day shred tomorrow!! First thing I tried when I moved back home in September and even though I'm smaller now I felt fitter after 30ds. Between that and training for a half marathon I'm hoping my thighs will slim down a little but even if they just get more toned I'll be happy. It's been a long journey but I've finally come to accept my shape for what it is....well mostly. I still have my bitter days haha.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    5'10" and my goal range is 160-175. Generally 175, then see if I want to go further down on the scale. I know I will be happy at 175, but we'll see when I get there...
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and aiming for 165 for a total loss of 140 lbs! That would put me at my lowest high school weight, but a LOT fitter-- I am already feeling more fit and stronger than I was then and I'm almost 80 lbs heavier than I was then just because I am exercising and pushing myself so much farther than I thought I could go.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Aiming for between 145-155.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a large frame, so aiming for about 165-170 and seeing how I feel from there. In high school when I did sports I was between 145-155 depending on the sport but that was rather thin.
  • natalie999
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and am currently 142lb (64kg). Am happy to be anywhere between 136-146.
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'10" and proud!!! :))

I always thought that i was a large frame and would never get to 170.. but i passed it. then i never thought i would get down to 150.. i am only a couple pounds away.. so i am shooting for 140-145 and wanting to tone up. i reallly want to get at 145!! that would be the lowest i have been since i can remember!

good luck everyone!!
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and I'm shooting for 175. After that I can re-evaluate if need be. When I was in HS I was very active, ate really well and never got below that. Since then, the only times I have been able to lose weight have been when I was sick. I decided that with MFP I was going to really commit and focus on not depriving, but re-adjusting how I approach food and fitness. I am currently smaller than I have been in 7 years or so and I haven't even hit onederland (very close).

Does anyone else think that the BMI ranges seem somewhat arbitrary? Just seeing what so many of you have said about frame and how weight looks/feels on you, I can't help but think that maybe BMI just makes us more body-obsessed and feeling bad than anything else.
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my first goal was 160. Now that I'm 6.5 lbs away from that, I'm instead aiming for my undergrad weight of 150, when I actually felt good about how I looked. At one point, I got down to 146 which was too low with my large frame. I want to be toned and strong, so I may settle out above 150 in the end.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 150
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5 and my goal is 165 lbs. I will be within my healthy weight range with room to grow a bit or shrink a bit, if I see fit. :)
  • rachelw16
    rachelw16 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal is 125-140, depending on how I feel :)
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and my goal is 155-160lbs. It will just depend on how I feel once I get to 160lbs.
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", small frame and my goal is somewhere between 130-135 (which I have met, hurrah!). From here, I expect it to go up as I build more muscle. So honestly, I don't know what my ultimate goal weight is -- I just want to be fit, toned and not flabby!
  • genderwar
    genderwar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5" and right now I'm aiming for 150. I haven't been under 200 since about 7th or 8th grade, so I think I'll reevaluate when I get closer. I really can't imagine what less than 200 would look/feel like.
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9' and I am aiming for 150. I think anything under 175 I would be happy. To be honest though I will have to re-evaluate once I get close as the last time I weighted anywhere near that was in high school and I remember feeling overweight still then but that could have been teenage angst as opposed to reality.

This is eerily similar to how I feel about the whole thing. I'm 5'10" and aiming for 153 (mid-range normal BMI of 22), but I was just thinking as I was reading these posts that I'd actually be really happy with anything under 173 (top range of normal BMI).

And, yes, the last time I weighed normal was when I was in high school, when I was dealing with lots of teenage angst -- especially about feeling too big because of how tall I am. So I guess I'll see how I feel when I get there. :)
  • cfremon
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with a large frame so I'm aiming for my high school weight of 175ish (when I was wearing a size 9 jeans but no one would ever guess that because of the height). At that point I *might* aim for less. But we'll see ;-)

Wow! What brand jeans were you wearing? I'm 5'10 with a large frame, and even at 175, the smallest I could fit into was size 14/15.
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm 5'10 currently 162 pounds would love to be 146 but i'll be happy at 150!
  • cfremon
    Options
    Does anyone else think that the BMI ranges seem somewhat arbitrary? Just seeing what so many of you have said about frame and how weight looks/feels on you, I can't help but think that maybe BMI just makes us more body-obsessed and feeling bad than anything else.

Actually, yeah, I do think they're arbitrary. They've been shown to get really inaccurate for people who are taller and who are more muscular.... which means that even though my goal is based on a BMI of 22, this may actually be more difficult for me to achieve than say.... someone who was 5'4" and losing weight entirely by dieting, rather than intensive workouts.

On the other hand, what other sources are there for finding what a normal body weight should be? If I based my weight goal on people I saw in the media, I'd be aiming for 120 rather than 150. If I based it on what other girls I knew were aiming for, I'd be aiming for 130.

Does anyone know of a good source, inspiration, weight measurement system that really takes into account height and muscle mass? Measurements are one thing, but I find I use a scale more reliably than a measuring tape.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!