5'10" ladies what's your goal?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My goal is 172 because I am curious about a size 10 - and I think that will be a cut off. At 186 I was a size 12 all around, so I will look amazing and perfect for my frame once I get to my goal : )
    My goal weight was 180 and I met that and was very happy with my Size 12 pants, Small shirts, and Size 8 dresses. I've actually gone down just another couple of pounds - I am at 177 now - and am in a 10. I don't want to get any smaller or lighter but I do want to get firmer and more fit.

**Oh, and I'm also 5'10"
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    160-165. I can re-assess when I get there and I've been as low as 140, but I think 160 is where my body naturally prefers to stay. I'm 190 right now and it's the first time I've been in size 14 pants in years. (:() I miss being a 10/12.
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Juliapurpletoes

be mindful that your goal weight will also be based on your frame size! I'm 5'9" with a super small frame so 130 is a great weight for me....I topped out both of my pregnancies (1990 and 1993) at 165 pounds!

So each women will have a lot of differences.

Do some research on frame sizes before just picking a random number and love your body!

:flowerforyou:

^^^^ totally agree - to illustrate I'm also 5'9" and must have a much heavier frame as people start to tell me I look too thin below 160lbs and lowest I've ever been was about 145 in the sixth form at school! I think it's a lot better to go on clothes sizes. I've always felt great at a comfortable (UK) 14 and have thought I looked my best in clothes at this weight. Good luck :D
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my entire life I was told that i was "big boned' and had a large frame and could carry weight well so sat around 180 (plus or minus 7lbs) Then one day I realized that I don't have a large bone structure like I had always been told. (Measured my wrist, neck and other indicators they suggest)-- Turns out I am small structure-- I am shooting for the lower end of the BMI and would like to be 135-140lbs
  • serenelake
    Options
    I am right under 5'10" and my current goal is 160. I look really good, however, around 155 and if I could maintain there it would be great, but my body just liked being at 160. I stayed there for years (until I got married). I start to look sick when I get under 150 lbs because my frame is med/lg. I would love to be 160 again, but this time much firmer... The best I ever looked was around 170, but I was doing a lot of musical theater so I had to be in shape and I was TONED! I loved it. I am 195 right now, so we'll see what I feel like when I get there!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    My goal is 160lb - this is the weight I was when I left school at 18 so realistically I don't think I could ever hope to be less than this. By the way my waist measurement is now 31" and my hips are 44"...so not sure how much more I can hope to lose on these area's.
  • citylights117
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my first goal is 180, once I get there I may go down to 160, maybe.
    I am a medium/large frame, and I'll just have to figure out where I'm at my happiest (:
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 145-150 lbs. Any lower and it's really hard to maintain. A few times in my adult life I've dropped into the high 130's, from being stressed out, not because I was trying to lose weight, and I start to look bony, shoulder blades sticking out, head like a bobble head! And when I'm in the 150's (like now) I've got a little muffin-top, clothes a little tight, a bit too much jiggle. So 145-150 is a comfort zone for me, it tells me I'm eating right, exercising enough.
  • llaurall
    llaurall Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6"0 and 150 lbs is the big dream! However even if I just reach 160-165lbs I'd be over the moon! I may have to compromise for any muscle built on the way, but I'll see how it goes.
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 140. I have a smaller frame.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" my Dr says 175-180 but I shooting for 170-175, I'm also 52 yrs old. you can add me
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and how awesome is it that there are this many tall chicks like me in the world?!

I'm aiming for 185, as I looked really good at 175 in High School. Maybe I will go lower once I get there, but I still have that last 100 lbs to lose, so one thing at a time!

I also have a big frame.
  • bookworm_1213
    bookworm_1213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and aiming for 145-150 Ibs, like I was 5 years ago, but if with muscle and tone I get to 160 I'll stop because I was not in shape 5 years ago when I weighed 145.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    145 is my goal, but honestly if I get to 150 and am happy, then so be it. I was 140 when I was in my early 20s and it was a good weight for me.
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will be delighted to see 200, but my real goal is 185 cause that is where I look goo!
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry I meant good!
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been down to 165 before and if I can get down to that again it'd be great. But 170-175 will be great.
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i have a large frame and wanna keep some curves. I'm aiming for 170 but I stop before then...anything under 200 is good for me!!!
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11'', I was really ahppy when I was at 190, I was about a size 12. When I started seriously working on my weight that was my goal. And right now that is my goal, but I could see going a bit further, like 175 or so. I just want to get to a point that feels good for me.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (so close enough :p) and gw is 155
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!