(POST 3) BATTLE OF THE BULGE - Summer Slimdown Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday wasn't HORRIBLE...didn't complete my calorie tracker because I got lazy in the evening and Im sure I went over but not by much just ate some cereal for dinner but didnt measure it so I know I ate more than I was supposed to and since I was literally runnin on no sleep yesterday I took it as my rest day...I have not started off this week on a very good note but I will get back with it!!!! Tonight I am going to try and exercise with my Biggest Loser game I know it says to get outside but b/c of class tonight it will be hard to do and I still want to get some form of exercise :) Everyone is doing so great!!! :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm back!! Well, I didn't really go anywhere except a quick trip to Lazy Town, USA. I've gained a few tiny pounds back but have been maintaining. Still moving and eating healthy!

Eating well on vacation is just a mind game. There are still deelish things to eat. When we vaycay, the BF doesn't plan on eating well. But that doesn't mean I have to eat badly too! Fish, chicken, wraps, salad, fruit. It's everywhere! Drive-thrus, restaurants. There are always good choices everywhere. Ice cream shop? Just choose no, lol.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    I"m interested to see everyones response as I have a gameplan for vacation success. My mentality is for vacation to just have things in moderation, try not to go overboard and I usually end up gaining something each time!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am going camping in August for 5-7 days. We are running the children's events for a reenactment event. We are setting up 4 tents for my family and possibly some for our friends. My goal is to keep a food log and eat every few hours to keep myself from eating large high calorie meals. It is going to be very hot where I am going. After setting up the tents, I will help wrangle children and be hiking around the camp site. I am hoping to still lose weight while I am out camping.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have been quite lagging in the posting department for this thread and for that;

I am sorry:embarassed: I am taking summer college and it is very intense.

I am pleased with everyone's NSV's, NBV's and to see all of the comments:happy:

and ideas:wink: that the BOB Challenge has to offer. I almost quit yesterday because I felt that I hadn't been

doing enough:blushing: to contribute to this thread, and then, I realized that I shouldn't be so hard:huh:

on myself and that everyone here probably understands my dilemma:tongue:

I miss you all when I am away and wish to thank you :flowerforyou: for the inspiration each and every day:heart:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    so nice to see you here:glasses: kewlness!!!!
  • BJBOND
    BJBOND Posts: 1
    Options
    Yup, I definayely want in. I'm a mom of 3 and I'm tired of looking like I'm expecting my 4th. I'm down 10 lbs and have 60 or so more to go.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Wednesday-Glitters-2.gif

last call for week 8 weighins!!!

WEDNESDAY - JULY 13 - DAY 58! - "Summer Loving"

Today's challenge brought to us by: Hannahrenee86:drinker:

WEEK 9 CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
    Last week before the second big weigh-in. Triple threat every day: Fill your MFP cups, stay under calories, and do at least 30 minutes of activity DAILY!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    We are in the midst of summer vacations and summer food. Your challenge for today is a two part challenge. The first obviously is to make sure you have enough water when you workout, especially if you live in hot areas. The second part is to enjoy the summer. I know that personally counting calories and exercising can be a little stressful admist the summer vacation. Do not stress if you go over the calories or miss a workout. Just jump back in the next day. This is a lifestyle change and lives are random, spontaneous and busy. Have a great amazing day!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. Summer Nights- From Grease http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJUrt0O7uY
    2. All Summer Long- Kid Rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    What is your summer secrets? What food do you make/bring to parties/picnics/BBQs? What goals have you accomplished so far this summer?

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    great post:bigsmile:

i wouldnt necessarily say it was a summer secret, i just try to keep my staples on hand (whole wheat wraps, whole wheat bread, salad, veggies/fruits) so that i am not tempted to eat something im not allowed to have. i get excited now when i make my meals because i know that i am changing my body and my lifestyle to live a long and healthy life.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's topic is perfect for me. I totally fell off the wagon today! But tomorrow is another day and we can do this!!!
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually I try to bring my own healthy options, that I can eat, and at least can calculate of how much I'm consuming. Preparation is everything :)

Great post! Thanks

btw: the second big weigh in is July 25, isn't it? so more than a week to go- was a little anxious ;)
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For me this summer when I have gone to cookouts and things I try and either bring healthier foods with me (last week I brought a turkey burger and whole wheat hamburger buns with fat free cheese slices) and I have my mom make some healthier things for our 4th of July cookout like fruit salad and things like that...I am slowly but surely making changes to the way I am eating as well as what I am eating...

and yes there are definitely days where it has been harder than others to stay with it but I just have to keep telling myself that one day isn't the end of the world and I can always try again the next day...before if I had a bad day I would usually just throw the whole week away and say "I'll start again on Monday" and that usually NEVER happend I would just continue to spiral out of control but now I take each day as it comes and know each day is a new chance to make the right choices and try harder than the day before...I do feel guilty if I cheat even a little bit and thats what pushes me to keep trying each day...that and all my amazing friends here on MFP who truly inspire me every single day :)
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a summer secret. I find I am outside more in the summer and not near a food supply. I work in my flower beds and dirty hands and food don't mix. I also have a job were I am more physically active in the summer.

When my family gets together I usually supply the house and yard and maybe fruit/vegetable trays.

My biggest goal is that I have not turned to food when stressed/upset like I used to do. There is a lot of drama at work and I have been able to deal with that without turning to the chocolate. I got news on Sunday that my Aunt had passed away suddenly and normally I would have eaten for days at news like that, wallowing in the how comes and then beating myself up with more food for not having more control. This time I did overeat on Sunday but that was it. I accepted it and moved on and bonus --no chocolate.
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I try to eat before I go to someone's bbq or out to dinner. And try to eat reasonable amounts. I have my mom coming in town this weekend, she is trying to lose some weight too, so hopefully we won't do our usual family-party-time-bring-on-the-food-and-drinks thing we do when we get to see eachother.

I've been stronger at work, about not eating the sweets and extras that are always on hand, this board helps keep me in check. You all are awesome!!

Thanks for the posts!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    What is your summer secrets? What food do you make/bring to parties/picnics/BBQs? What goals have you accomplished so far this summer?

During the summer, I always work out first thing in the morning and it sets the tone for the day.

I don't bring any food to parties or picnics, if I go to something like that I would make that my off meal or off day as the temptation is hard. I would plan to eat healthier leading up to that meal so that it will balance the day out.

The goals I have accomplished are working out consistently week after week and making healthy food choices more than 90% of the time. I've lost some pounds and inches as well..I'm at the halfway mark of my summer vacation and although the pounds are not where I had initially planned and happy with my progress thus far.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This is way off the subject...lol...my best friend is coming from Chicago to see me Saturday for a few days. Sunday we are going to see Harry Potter (we are both hp geeks!) and as that is also my birthday, I am planning a "cheat day." The good news is that a) she is also losing weight and counting cals and working out and b) that I cannot eat as I used to because I get rather sick. I'm still planning on REAL popcorn (but I'll get a small!!!) and a REAL coke and some form of cake!! I haven't cheated yet to the point where I didn't count all my calories and I didn't think about working out enough (I will continue my workouts because I just feel better when I do them 6 days per week...) Anyway...Any tips for tempering out the birthday cheat beast??? I don't wanna blow everything but I haven't had a day like this since I started doing this jan 1!

I also have been keeping up on my goals of staying under calories and even on my 1 day off of workouts, I get activity at work and I always fill up my cup!! The dr informed me, in addition to the fact I lowered my BP from 145/120 to current 110/70 that I had lost 10 lbs since my last visit 6 weeks ago. Sooooo, even though I was feeling down those days, putting it in perspective like that really made me see how well I was doing :) Thanks for all you all do and all the support!!!
  • summer_of_69
    summer_of_69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My fave thing to eat in the summer is fresh tomatoes, especially with mozzarella and basil. If I am taking something to a potluck, getting the little mozzarella balls, basil, and grape tomatoes cut in half and mixed up with a dash of olive oil and/or balsamic is YUMMY.

My big accomplishment is not weight-related, but today I got my braces off after 17 months! I can't wait to eat a whole apple again and chew gum! :-)
    Wednesday-Glitters-2.gif

last call for week 8 weighins!!!

WEDNESDAY - JULY 13 - DAY 58! - "Summer Loving"

Today's challenge brought to us by: Hannahrenee86:drinker:

Last week before the second big weigh-in. Triple threat every day: Fill your MFP cups, stay under calories, and do at least 30 minutes of activity DAILY!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    We are in the midst of summer vacations and summer food. Your challenge for today is a two part challenge. The first obviously is to make sure you have enough water when you workout, especially if you live in hot areas. The second part is to enjoy the summer. I know that personally counting calories and exercising can be a little stressful admist the summer vacation. Do not stress if you go over the calories or miss a workout. Just jump back in the next day. This is a lifestyle change and lives are random, spontaneous and busy. Have a great amazing day!

1. Summer Nights- From Grease http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJUrt0O7uY
    2. All Summer Long- Kid Rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    just wondering, has anybody ever heard of (or tried) using a whole pickle to curb sweet cravings?
    I heard that it really works!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    terrific-thursday.gif

THURSDAY - JULY 14 - DAY 59!

**I rolled on my foot working out last night so I was at the afterhours walkin clinic until late...looks like a fracture, I'll find out when the radiologist gets in in the morning...I will read everyones weighin messages and post the results late on Thursday - sorry about that!!**

Today's challenge brought to us by: kirianna55:drinker: (wasn't assigned today but sent me a couple backups and boy did they come in handy!)

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    During the summer many of people have parties and find that drinks sabotage your diet. I did research and found tips on how to help stay under your calories. One of my most favorite things to drink is fresh juice; however these tend to have a lot of calories in them. I cut the calories by mixing half juice and half club soda. Club soda has no calories and only a tiny amount of sodium.

Today I want you to drink at least 72 oz of water. If you want more information about the healthy ways to sip, look here: http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-skinny-sipping

SHOTS - LMFAO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ
    TEQUILA - The Ventures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBLHTq390k

What do you do to cut your calories during the summer?

visit www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge

THIS WEEK'S POSTERS: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND THEM TO ME ON TIME!
    Fri July 15 beautylovetruth
    Sat July 16 mistyrider
    Sun July 17 letsgetserious

*I'll be posting posters for the next 2 weeks after I post the week 8 results!*
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ok - Missed getting on here yesterday. I had a summer inservice day and both kids have camps, plus it was an event at the pool - all that = no time to be on the threads here! Summer secrets - we go to lots of cookouts, and host many of them ourselves. I have tried this year to get myself into a different mindset - I focus on the conversations and fun we are having rather than what food is available! When we host, it's easy to make sure there are lots of healthy choices available. Plus I have gotten many of our regular cookout guests into MFP so we are all out there with our phones logging our calories and talking about what we ate! It's motivating! If we go somewhere to a cookout, I take something that is healthy so I know there will be a good option. I also eat less earlier in the day to save up the calories for the event. I also spend alot of time at the pool with my kids - it's a great calorie burn. I don't lap swim but I make sure I am always moving in the water when we're there. Have a great day all!