357 to 199 with pics

Options
tross0924
tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
OK so I broke into "onederland" this weekend, officially 199.2 lbs, and as corny as I think that phrase is, it does feel really good :happy:

On August 24th 2009 I weighed 357 lbs. My self esteem was at an all time low, and something inside me finally just snapped.

Before357.jpg

I started cutting back my portions and trying to eat healthier. After I'd lost about 60 lbs I got a bit more energy and decided to exercise. Sometime around there I found MFP and started tracking what I was eating and eating with a calorie goal in mind. Within about 10 months of starting I'd lost my 100 lbs and felt soooo much better.

during257.jpg

I'd always liked lifting weights when I was in high school, so I started P90X. I'm just about to complete my 4th round of it, and while I do my own thing on cardio days, I love the lifting aspect of it. Exercise is now an addiction. I've still got a bit to lose, but my ultimate goal is 200 lbs with 10% body fat or less, and I know that I'll get there. Expect a new post with more pictures when I do.:wink:

photo3-1.jpg

I just want everyone to know that you can achieve your goals, with hard work and dedication. Good luck to everybody, and thanks for listening :smile:

Replies

• SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    awesome job bro
  • nataliarunes
    Options
    Awesome, it's such an inspiration to see real people hit goals like that. Thank you for sharing your journey.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! You look great! Congrats on your success, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • krisolso
    krisolso Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great, way to go
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! You look great! Congrats on your success, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    nice job!!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Your hard work has paid off.. You look awesome
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fan-flippin-tastic!!! You look amazing! I'm sure you are feeling pretty amazing these days too. :)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT!!! Congrats!!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!!! Amazing!! And inspirational!
  • ttjae42
    ttjae42 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow!!!! this gives me renewed motivation!!! I've lost 100 pounds and the plateaus now are longer than ever before. If lifting weights can transform in this way...look out!!! here i come!!:flowerforyou:
  • oceanviewdream
    oceanviewdream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well Done....... You look great.... good luck on getting to your final goal......you are an inspiration to everyone out there that just needs to see the results to believe it can be done if you work at it...... Nice Job......
  • Redjack111
    Redjack111 Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow congrat's!! You look awesome!!!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Keep up the great work!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    YOWZA!!! You look great!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    *whistles* You look fantastic!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    dang what a difference! congrats!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    wow congratulations !! you look amazing, I bet it feels great:)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!