I am NOT giving that up!

Options

Replies

• jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BEER! Not light beer but Good Beer. I found out a Dogfish Head, Palo Santo Marron was 360 calories for 1 beer. I was heartbroken over this but I've made adjustments to diet & exercise to accomodate a couple of nights a week having a couple of drinks. During the summer you gotta be social.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want to. I watch how much and be sure its counted in my calories, but thats my plan. I work at mcds and sometimes I just got to have a sundae or an angus bacon and cheese WITH fries. lol. But I just make substitutions. I go for a small fry. I use less fudge. That sort of thing. Chocolate and my not so much lady friend (FLO) are best friends and inseparable. When one comes to visit, the other has to come too. Thats just the way it is. lol
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have not completely given anything up. What I have learned is moderation, moderation, moderation. If I have room in my calories for it, I will have it. If I want a treat (like going out for sushi or wings some time) then I plan accordingly.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I haven't strictly cut out anything, but I definitely limit things. I don't eat ice cream as much as I would like :sad: but I do eat it a couple of times a month. I still eat high calorie foods and go over on my calories some days, but I try to exercise more so I don't go over too much. Then I just make sure that I'm good the next day. That being said, I do have foods that I used to crave and eat all the time, but hardly ever eat now because my tastes have change. I hardly ever eat chips anymore, very rarely eat white/processed grains, especially white bread...yucko, and the other day there was a DQ ice cream cake and I easily resisted eating a slice, which honestly surprised me because I love ice cream soooo much!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hey ther do you know of a place to get the mocha joe from Burger King?
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up beer or ice cream. By beer, I don't mean Mic Ultra or MGD 64 or anything like that. I mean Good Beer with flavor and a decent ABV. And maybe I'll enjoy that beer with some good ice cream.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with cutting down on most things, but the one thing I should get rid of completely is the one thing I refuse to never have. I love the energy drink Amp - Overdrive( that's the red one). I've been good though. Once upon a time I was drinking 2 or more a day, now I have one a week.
  • Yummymummy135
    Options
    Red wine and milk chocolate.. no way hosay!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Great hot dogs! I don't eat them often but when I do choose to eat one it has to be a really good one.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up beer or ice cream. By beer, I don't mean Mic Ultra or MGD 64 or anything like that. I mean Good Beer with flavor and a decent ABV. And maybe I'll enjoy that beer with some good ice cream.

I saw Guy Fieri make milkshakes with chocolate ice cream and a really dark beer once on Guy's Big bite, which I thought sounded yummy.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I find they if I try to say I can't have something, I'll crave it more than anything else in the world. So, at least for now, nothing is off-limits. If I want something, I'll have it - I'll just try to have less of it. Could I lose faster if I ate cleaner? Of course. But I don't think I'd be able to do it for very long.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    One of the things I was taught in my Diabetic classes: You don't have to give up anything. Just work it into your numbers so things aren't thrown out of whack. Make it healthier, if you can. (i.e. homemade where you can control the sodium, fat, etc.)
    :flowerforyou: My thoughts as well!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would give up anything if it meant i could have my dream body....but pizza makes it hard lol
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love my wine but am realizing that I really need to give it up in order to get to where I want weight wise. I also love me some In N Out Burger, have to have it once a month :)
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wine, life is just more enjoyable with wine :-)

That being said I went from a couple of glasses a day and more on weekends, to only having a few glasses everyother weekend and none at all during the week

I love this one :) I am going to do the same as you on this one too!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....the biggest thing for me is my coffee!!! Actually, I like a little coffee with my cream. As a compromise I went from drinking it every morning to only Sunday mornings....this is my only day off from working out. It is also my cheat day, which I don't use. :o)
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love my wine but am realizing that I really need to give it up in order to get to where I want weight wise. I also love me some In N Out Burger, have to have it once a month :)

Mmmmmmm.......In and Out!!!! I try to never think about it........lol!!! It is my favorite fast food. I also love the fries animal style.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I haven't told myself that I can't have any certain foods (save for meat, as I'm a vegetarian). However, some items (candy bars, chips, soda) have fallen out of my regular diet because they're just not worth it. Do I want to do another round of 30DS today just so I can have a Snicker's, Coke, and some Ruffles? Nope. It's not worth it.

I've made switches to other foods. I still have sweets in my diet, but I've moved over to 90/100 calorie treats. Or I'll break a large cookie into 4 pieces and eat it over a few days. Instead of that candy, I'll grab a 60cal pack of hummus and baby carrots. I don't feel deprived or that I'm missing out on anything. I still have a slice of DQ ice cream cake at people's birthdays - I just don't have a massive slice.

That being said, I did not deprive myself when I went home to see my parents for a week. I ate the meals that I had missed. I savored the Southern cooking that I can't find up North. I gained 4lbs, but it was worth it. And because those foods are 700+ miles away, I don't have the opportunity to binge like that but once a year.

I still eat 'real' cheese. I still drink 2% milk. A lot of that has to do with the fact that there's only one other person living in my home. If we purchased double the food (his version and my version) we would waste so much.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I think it is cool that most only have to moderate there usual foods! I have basically had to overhaul my diet save for the Mexican food haha. I actually find it easier and it never has caused me to all of a sudden binge on the things I miss or make me miserable. I am not sure how or why because I am a total foodie, the Foodnetwork is my favorite channel I love to cook and bake for people. I think it is a matter of will. The regret I feel after eating something I shouldn't have or more than I should have is ten times more than the regret I feel for saying no thank you when offered.

ps- to all the coffee with cream people I am totally with you! If there is no cream then why have it? I have had to switch to one small cup and either skim or soy.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eating out, coffee and cake with friends, a social beer or cider at the pub on Friday nights.
    I make better choices when I eat out, eat half a piece of cake, or a smaller cookie, 2 half pints of cider instead on 2 whole pints.

In other words, I haven't given anything up but try to make better choices and account for it all in my food log.
    And if I do go over my calories one day - I really don't care. I'm not going to hibernate in a bubble of "diet" for the rest of my life!