5"6 ladies- whats your goal?

Options

Replies

• natalieward88
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a year ago was just over 200lb. I have started my diet again this January at 189lb and my goal weight at the moment is 154lb - Although after reading all these posts I'm thinking for my height I should aim to lose even more?
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    my starting weight was 207 pounds my goal was 170 pounds my current weight is 179.2, few weeks ago i made a new goal of 150, when i reach it i may make another goal of 140. we will see how i look and how i feal about myself.
  • clawdeen
    clawdeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its not the number or the size, its how you feel, your health etc...I know what you mean though about wanting to be a certain size...I think we need to block out what society tells us we are suppose to be:-)
  • clawdeen
    Options
    Thats AWESOME!!! good for you!!
  • clawdeen
    Options
    I think the recommended range for this height is between 135-150....I think you need to set your goal basedon yourself andnot what others say or do....keep doing a great job! *kitten* yourself how you feel etc...
  • SharClark40
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 40 years old. About 3 years ago, I suddenly lost 40 pounds and was down to 135. I liked that weight. I was about a size 6/8 (depending on the make of the pants) and I was just very confident and generally happy with the way I looked. (Let's face it - for someone who's been/felt overweight her whole life, there is always going to be something I hate about my body - at that weight it was the sag in my belly skin and that my breasts were tube socks!) Over the last year I have gained 55 pounds. I know that my age is partly the problem, coupled with my leaving a job where I was on my feet walking around for 8 hours and instead taking a desk job at my husband's business. My current goal is to go from 190 to 150 by this summer. From there, we'll see. The weight goals are all going to be a little different based on body type - I wouldn't go lower than 135 (actually, I like 140-145 better) because I'm curvy with a larger chest. I like my curves! ;-)
  • SharClark40
    Options
    Not necessarily, Natalie! I think 154 is perfectly reasonable and respectable! I've been told that BMI is actually hogwash and not to really go by that. At 154 you will keep some curves and that should be a good size 10/12, right? That will be amazing! I'm shooting for that weight right now, too, from 190. Just feel good in your skin!
  • joabe
    joabe Posts: 6
    Options
    Im 5'6 and weigh 143lbs (had a baby 3 months ago), I would like to get back down to 132lbs. 8 years ago I weighed 205lbs, got down to 125lbs.... then gained 5 lbs back because, on my frame, it didn't look good, was too thin. I was very happy being 130-132lbs. I like the athletic look.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I used to be about 160 at 5'5, and now I'm almost 5'6 and am at 126. My goal weight is 120-125. :)
  • loral4at
    Options
    I'm currently at 163 and feel my best at 150 or below.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    5'6.5 goal is 120-125 currently 128 so I'm almost there. When I reach my goal I'm going to start doing more toning and strength training
  • memeqaz
    Options
    I'm 5'5". Started MFP in November at 171. Now at 148.8. I have no clue of what weight I'm striving for at this point. My first goal was 150. Now I'm aiming towards 145. It has been so long without a scale I truly don't know what I should be. I have a large frame and I work out. Any advice would be great. To all of you on this thread-Great Job. Keep up with it!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • lasttoast
    lasttoast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135 pounds
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 ad currently 136 my goal is under 130 and eventually I want to be 125 maybe a little below If possible it depends when I get there :)
  • dellingsen
    dellingsen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started at 219. Now at 198. First goal was under 200, and have gotten there. Now shooting for 170. Once there, I will reassess. Feeling so much better even down 21! :)
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started at 181 am now at 170 and am aiming for 135-140. I have a medium frame and at one point I was down to 127 and I had people say I looked "gross"....nice compliment huh? Looking at pictures, my head & hands looked huge! LOL

So I think staying under 140 would be a good goal, and not getting obsessed and crazy will also be a goal for me b/c I tend to let it get out of hand :embarassed: I also am trying to get toned and not "skinny", I don't mind some curves, just not a spare tire!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    For ladies 5"6I think the range is from 135-150. My goal right now is just to get to that 150 point and then assess how I feel etc....I love this site! It has helped me alot!!!

if you mean BMI range its actually as low as like 115 for a lady. its something like 115 to 155 but the 155 would be more for men or larger framed ladies with more muscle etc. Somewhere around 145 is the high end of where they think is 'ideal' for women but that of course doesn't take BF% into account which is technically the only thing that matters. (as in a very low body fat person will often be heavier than a similarly sized higher BF person and therefore have a higher BMI but be healthier).

I'm pretty sure I answered this question many ago but its 150 right now for me as well. I'm really heavy/muscley apparently.
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6, started at 12st 10lbs (178lbs) curruntly at 12st 1lbs (169lbs) want to get down to 10st (140lbs) and then decide whether to try and shift a bit more or maintain that weight.... see how I look/feel then.
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started at 212 and am now at 189 (probably 187 on Sunday weigh-in). When I was skinny fat before I put on the weight, I was 140, I looked good but thought I needed to lose another 10 lbs. Now that I'm doing strength training I think 140 will look a lot better so that's my goal.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    5'6" highest was 235 - reached first goal of 150. Continued to my old high school weight of 134. Joined MFP Dec 23 2011 & found myself on the move downward with all these tools & support. New goal = 127, currently @ 130

It's taken me several years to achieve. Do it while your younger, don't wait until my age! Keep your health foremost in mind when making your food & exercise choices. Good luck to all!

Robin
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!