what do you think about while exercising?

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are totally dependent on the type of exercise. If it's Insanity, I'm basically just getting through the workout and telling Shaun T that I hate him, but I don't mean it because he seems too nice to really hate, or I'm cursing at Tanya, a woman in the dvds whom I love to hate. (Seriously, how many matching workout outfits does this woman have and how do her boobs stay in place?)

If I'm doing the elliptical, (this is really weird, I know) I do math problems. I figure out how many calories I'm burning per minute, how many minutes it will take to get to a specific number if I keep up the pace, how many revolutions I will get to at the end of the workout. I also try to calculate the number of minutes going forward and backwards. (I alternate whenever the next song starts playing). All along the way, I wonder, "Will I finish this before my son wakes up?" I decide on what to wear for the day, what jewelry to put on, what I have to bring to work that day, what time I have to enter. Basically, all over the place.

Ha Ha! I do math too! I've been told I am nuts!

I do some math to...how many calories will I burn by the end of the workout. Along with that I count how many strides, or I count every other stride and try not to look at the clock until 1 minute has past. Then I hear the door to the gym open I have have to see who it is, hope I don;t fall off the elliptical or treadmill when I look, then onto what I am going to cook for dinner...it seems to always end with food :(
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing strength training I think about how bored I am or how much what I'm doing hurts. :D

If I'm doing cardio I just naturally begin working out a problem if I'm dealing with stuff. Sometimes I'll think about how much I want to punch someone *cough*noonespecific*cough* Or sometimes if I'm listening to music the song makes me think of a memory and I start to reminisce or I think of whatever feeling it conjures up.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    During 30DS.

Shut up!
    I hate you, Jillian.
    Damn it, I am NOT phoning it in! How about you turn around and tell Natalie to stop phoning it in?!
    I don't NEED 6 pack abs. I'm fine with less blubber.

During c25k.

Ugh, why am I doing this?
    I wonder if I can outrun zombies now.
    Geez, I smell bad.
    I LOVE this song.
    That's such a pretty picture of the bridge. I'm totally running it next year.
    My shin hurts.
    It's been 40 minutes, I should stop now.
    Shut the *#(@ up and keep going, fatty!

Repeat as needed.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    During 30DS.

Shut up!
    I hate you, Jillian.
    Damn it, I am NOT phoning it in! How about you turn around and tell Natalie to stop phoning it in?!
    I don't NEED 6 pack abs. I'm fine with less blubber.

I am seeing a lot of love/hate for Jillian and I feel the same when I wtch her on the Biggest Loser so I know I would probably throw something at my TV if I attempted her workout.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Ideally I find a machine behind a very hot woman and I imagine I am chasing her. The faster I go, the better chance I will catch her. Never catch her but I burn a ton of calories.

haha, love it! No hot blokes at our gym though :cry:
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    My mind wanders the most during spin class. I find that the time flies when I start thinking of things like a grocery list and meal ideas, possible outfit combinations, or ways to rearrange or redecorate a room. When I'm running through my neighborhood I like to find one thing I would change on each house, like the front door or some plants or something.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    on the treadmill..... god is that only one minute, .... third of the way..... 2 thirds...i did it! i try to watch the tv or people in the sportshall to take my mind off the time
    at a new class.... im not doing this class again..... 15 minutes left...... that was good, im booking again for next week
    weights..... 1..2...3...4.......
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I read when on recumbent bike. 30 minutes goes by fast. I meditate when walking/slow jog....empty mind. Some focused daydreaming.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I usually end up dancing or singing before the gym session is over. I get way into my tunes. Otherwise its counting, breathing, smack talking myself. Dang he looks fiiiiine. I gotta beat this person next to me. Faster ! Harder!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Today....RAWR big lift.

... Crap, I just skinned my palm :D (took a huge callus on my palm clean off). Nice, pink, fresh flesh underneath. Stung like an absolute b*tch.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    random thoughts while running...
    do I have to go again?? no i'm fine keep going
    omg so much time left
    it's okay four more corners to go
    what will I have for dinner?
    I really do love chocolate
    pancakes yum
    love this song, skip this song, run hard to this song
    do i look funny running?
    i do can do anything
    i can catch anyone now
    what are the odds I'll trip and fall?
    i'm strong, I can go on forever
    I'm winded wish I was done
    rounding the end push push push
    almost there sprint....loved the run
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    beautiful victorias secret models running and dancing on the beach in white bikinis and soft focus lighting...and then pretending i am with them muahahah :D
  • Teeteetare
    Teeteetare Posts: 50
    Options
    I think the same thing!
    I pray. I thank the Good Lord for allowing me to wake up, take a nice fresh breath of air, and thank HIM for allowing me to have what it takes to do my exercising!!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I think about the good old days when I lived in a huge city, had sooo much freedom and had a ball clubbing and laughing with my friends...especially when a song from that era comes on my ipod.

Or I just plain fantasize about having the body I used to. Damn that 24 inch waist and abs....the time when belly shirts were in, lol
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The hot Kardashian sisters. Just the hot ones. I block out the ugly one.

2u7u1xz.jpg
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    song lyrics and anything related to the particular song
    how freaking awesome ill look eventually
    how much money its going to cost to replace my wardrobe
    what im going to reward myself with when i reach my goal
    how much longer i have left
    my left ear bud kinda hurts my ear
    etc
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    "Wedding dress. Wedding dress. Wedding dress."
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Since I am usually in a gym by myself (work gym at 1am) I pace quite a bit and tell myself (outloud) what a p***y I am.............then I call myself a bunch of nasty names..........and get it done
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    I think of a drill sgt in my face tellling me to move faster, pull in my stomach and get down and give him 20, hahaha
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think about everything but working out. What I want for dinner. Why none of my friends talk to me. Random stuff. Hahaha.