what do you think about while exercising?

Options

Replies

• FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    "Am I fit yet? *Wheeze*" Yes-- mental wheezing because I have too much pride to do it in physical form. lol

"Can they tell my pants are riding up my crack? Oh man.. can I tug at it without them seeing it?"

Other than those two thoughts, I'm usually translating songs/documents for projects and going over a mental check list.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i'm singing to the tunes playing over head, gotta love music!
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I completely and totally zone out. It's the only time my brain shuts off! Better than therapy.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder about what I'm going to be eating later or what I'll be fixing for dinner. :laugh:

And I've wondered several times (while doing the 30 day shred) Does Jillian ever just shut the f up during this? and Why can't I slap her through the tv screen, I'd feel so much better! :laugh:

lol

yes and double...no triple YES!!!!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I start counting my steps...then ask myself, "Why are you counting?", then I'm thinking (if I'm running on the treadmill at the gym, "Don't take the towel off the console, I don't want to see how many more minutes I still have to go" then I try and concentrate on the movie on the tv in front of the treadmill, but then my mind adds up how many songs I've listened to on my iPod since starting on the treadmill, and try and times that by an average of 3.30 minutes per song, to try and work out how long I've been running, then I tell myself off. THEN I wonder if the woman next to me could fling her towel around any more than she's doing because she nearly just took my eye out....and so it goes.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    While working out, getting my sexy sweat on, I am daydreaming that I am gonna run into Nikki Sixx someday and he will see me and just instantly drop to his knees and worship the ground I walk on as he will know he has just met the woman of his dreams! Then we go out on stage and ROCK ON! ok... this is what I think about, no one said it had to be based in reality!!! Its my zone out time lol... dont judge!!! :laugh: :devil: :smokin:
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    beautiful victorias secret models running and dancing on the beach in white bikinis and soft focus lighting...and then pretending i am with them muahahah :D

Lmao lmao I was gonna get all deep and say life but I just realized I need to think like you lol made my day ^_^
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It's embarrassing but I put on my iPod and pretend I'm singing karaoke or am part of an amazing band. I'm such a great musician in my mind!!!

I'll stop being a loser now! I read on Chocolate Covered Katie's blog that she turns the neighbourhood into castles etc. haha I tried doing that today but I ended up on stage again..
  • MrsUnderwood
    MrsUnderwood Posts: 114
    Options
    This is exactly what I thought of just last night in the gym:

Okay, I'm going to go for 700 calories on this elliptical
    Don't forget to turn up the resistance.
    WHY did he/she just HAVE to come to the elliptical right next to mine?
    Yea she's going fast but the resistance is still at 0, making me look stupid but I'm really working harder.
    Wow, that lady looks like a man...that's gotta be a man...is that a man???
    Oh my God I'm not even halfway done yet!
    There is nothing on this stupid tv
    Yea I see you with your stupid ipod...I wish I had an ipod
    What am I going to eat after this?
    I am so thirsty but I can't stop because it will take longer to finish and I'll lose my balance, just keep going!
    Okay, only 200 calories to go!! You can do this!!!
    I hope nobody is looking at my booty right now.
    Suck in your belly, tighten your core...ugh I always forget!!
    OMG I can't go home, I forgot my house keys with my husband!!
    Okay, only 100 calories left! I think I just might die!!!
    Holding on for dear life...c'mon push through this!!
    I really hope nobody is watching me right now!!
    Done!!! OMG I can't walk normally!
    Now what? Stretching?
    Okay touch your toes....I can't do this right now!
    Seriously my *kitten* is sweating, I'm sure of it, don't move!
    Okay get up, you aren't doing a good job of looking like you know what to do!
    Lets do some machines...
    Ugh I hate this right now
    I give up!!
    I'm leaving!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    When I do Turbo Fire cardio or HIIT, i dont think my mind wonders. I have to focus on the combos & choreography lol
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Lifting I listen to music, cardio I think "don't quit, don't quit, I could quit now i've done quite a bit, no you are nearly done don't quit! don't quit quit. I've almost finished I could quit now and it wouldn't make a difference, nooo i've almost finished might as well finish, don't quit, don't quit. YUS". Or something along the lines of that anyway haha.
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Unfortunately, outside of the gym I vocalize many of my random thoughts. I think the most random stuff.. but when I am at the gym I am quietly thinking about the day, what I saw someone doing, I wonder if people think I am more funny than weird when I say my random thoughts lol. I think about the workout being done. I think about my future self. I think about sex. I zone out a lot too..

At the gym, the treadmills, arc trainers, and bikes are directly in front of a gigantic mirrored wall.. bleh... which reflects off another gigantic mirrored wall.. double bleh!!! I try really hard not to watch my feet or I feel like I'm walking funny or I think about how I look to my self in the mirror and hope others aren't studying me too. Weird eye contact in the mirror with someone else there throws me off too lol. I also use it to check out other people and what they are doing. I also think about how bad it would be to fall off the treadmill, and how much I would laugh lol =/

My shopping list, where I will get the money for the fabulous wardrobe I will be buying when my hard work pays off, my son, my dog, telling someone about the random things I saw...

Ohhhh I could go on forever lol.. but I won't bore anyone with all that!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    This is exactly what I thought of just last night in the gym:

Okay, I'm going to go for 700 calories on this elliptical
    Don't forget to turn up the resistance.
    WHY did he/she just HAVE to come to the elliptical right next to mine?
    Yea she's going fast but the resistance is still at 0, making me look stupid but I'm really working harder.
    Wow, that lady looks like a man...that's gotta be a man...is that a man???
    Oh my God I'm not even halfway done yet!
    There is nothing on this stupid tv
    Yea I see you with your stupid ipod...I wish I had an ipod
    What am I going to eat after this?
    I am so thirsty but I can't stop because it will take longer to finish and I'll lose my balance, just keep going!
    Okay, only 200 calories to go!! You can do this!!!
    I hope nobody is looking at my booty right now.
    Suck in your belly, tighten your core...ugh I always forget!!
    OMG I can't go home, I forgot my house keys with my husband!!
    Okay, only 100 calories left! I think I just might die!!!
    Holding on for dear life...c'mon push through this!!
    I really hope nobody is watching me right now!!
    Done!!! OMG I can't walk normally!
    Now what? Stretching?
    Okay touch your toes....I can't do this right now!
    Seriously my *kitten* is sweating, I'm sure of it, don't move!
    Okay get up, you aren't doing a good job of looking like you know what to do!
    Lets do some machines...
    Ugh I hate this right now
    I give up!!
    I'm leaving!

love this^^^^

esp the ipod one and the why are you on the machine next to me!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    "omg all this extra fiber is making me farty"

"will anyone hear me if I fart"

"maybe if i turn up my ipod and I can't hear it, they wont either"

"Stoopid fiber"
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    A)People/things i am mad at (not joking! exercising is an amazing stress reliever, so I work out my anger during exercise;)
    B)Food I am going to eat after I earn my calories.
    C)Nothing but the exercise going on.
    D)Things I am going to do later
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    more stuff....
    "I hate Jillian Michaels"
    "I am going to die...and in a puddle of sweat!"
    "skinny jeans...skinny jeans...."
    "screw the skinny jeans--chips!"
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    as i approach the free weights i think "Big boys area" act cool.
    then i look around and see if there are any benches and i psyche myself up for the workout
    then i think lift heavy lift heavy! **** too heavy!!!!!!!!! I can do 4 more sets of 5 easily. by the end of the 3rd set I'm like crap this stuff is heavy but tomorrow ill be feeling it..yeah baby!. in between sets i keep looking at my watch, looking at whatever sports are on the tv, changing the song on my ipod, thinking about how to log what I'm doing on MFP...look in the mirror and saying hey i don't look half bad...move on to next exercise....i picked a good weight to work with..but then a hot girl walks by and I automatically up the weight. after she leaves I'm like WTF was i thinking? then ill focus on form, look at what others are doing to see if i missed anything. wonder why someone grunts so much, fiddle with my gloves, watch to see how others do stuff... then i may do a machine or two which are in front of the ellipticals/treadmills so i really have to make sure i look like i know what I'm doing because all the cardio cougars are watching. lol. Afterwards I may do 5-10 minutes cool down on treadmill and i try to pick out the perfect machine. lol. as i walk through the elliptical/treadmill area i pick out the perfect machine & i'll check out an *kitten* or two-- but just a quick look. lol. at the very end I'm just thinking, I need PROTEIN! looking forward to doing this again tomorrow.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout,

If it's cardio on Treadmill:
    ...Ah Crap, Live with Kelly is over in 10 minutes, NOOO SOAP OPERA NEXT...
    ...Hmm, I should buy lubricant for my treadmill
    (Next workout)... Really should get lubricant...
    (Next) ...I NEED A PAPER TO WRITE THIS DOWN...

If it's Spin Bike Cardio:
    ...Holy crap, i'm sweating...
    ...Ehhh, Interval coming up...
    For extra motivation, I have a crush at work.. *Sigh* and I play songs like, "Too Close" and think I am bikign as hard and fast as I can to meet my goals and gain their attention :)

If it's Weights,

Leg Day:
    ...Gonna do Hamstrings STLD till I literally collapse...
    ...Only 3 more sets of Squats to go...
    ...Yayyy Sitting down, Leg extensions...
    ...Ahh....Damn, now Hamstring Curls....

Chest:
    ...Huh, went up on Incline...
    ...Damn my chest is pumped...
    ...I should do Dumbbell pull overs someday, raise my ladies...

Shoulders:
    ..YEAHH SHOULDER DAY...

Arms:
    ...TOMORROWS MY DAY OFF...

Back:
    ...Oh hell, here we go...
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im getting so many lols from this thread!

I usually do cardio on the elliptical.
    I like checking out the other people working out... Admiring chicks who have the body I want or the guys being all serious and focused on their lifts. Not too many cuties there usually but the random ones get a few extra peeks.
    If I feel like Im being too much of a creep, I watch the 20 second timer bars fill up and get ready for the next hill, or when to switch into reverse.
    I also worry aboht how sweaty I get, and why no one else is as bad as me lol Or if Im breathing too heavily or if the machine is being noisey.
    If a really good song.comes on Ill sing along in my head.
    I have bad posture (something Im really trying to improve!) so every so often I internally yell at myself to straighten up and engage my core.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I end up rubbing my tummy on the elliptical (look ma! no hands) and envisioning it melting away. At the beginning I am praying that I will survive. I zone out on my Kindle in front of me intermittently but I am usually reading zombie/apocalyptic stories to encourage me to move as fast as I can.