Please can someone tell me what 1/5 of a Pizza looks like?

Options
13»

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    aj_rock wrote: »
    If someone's slicing their pizza into fifths, that someone is doing it wrong IMO.

I've never in my life seen that size slice. Its unecessarily difficult! 1/4s or 1/8s are much more common.

Of course not it's quite simple. Simply use your kitchen compass to draw bisecting chords in order to find the exact centre of the Pizza. As this can be tricky its best to turn the pizza topping side down on the counter to do this.

Next use a scalpel and kitchen ruler to slice from the exact center to the edge.

No using a kitchen protractor measure exactly 72 degrees and make and other cut. Again from the center to the edge. Keep doing this until you have 5 slices. Then flip the pizza over and serve. You may have lost some topping stuck the work surface at this point so scrape it up with the ruler. Weigh it accurately, divide into 5 and deposit back on the Pizza.

What could be easier......

pie_01-05b_40552_sm.gif
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It probably has a mass attached to the fraction. Go by that. Much simpler.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fractional measurements for such things are a horrible idea. I'd bust out the food scale, as was mentioned a couple times, mass out the whole pie, divide total by 5 and then portion out that amount to myself.

Whole pizza = 890g
    890/5 = 178

Remove pizza from scale, cut what you think is 1/5th and weigh it, is it at or near 170g of pizza? If so, eat it. If not, adjust.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    A zombie thread that was funny.

I like it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    This is great.

What kind of masochist splits things into odd numbers?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If it is a frozen pizza shouldn't it also give the weight of the serving on the package? If it does not you could weigh the whole pizza and take 1/5 of the weight as your serving.

Or

You don't have to have 1/5 of a pizza just because they chose that dumb division. You could multiply the calorie information of one serving by 5 and get the calories of the whole pizza and then just divide it however you want. So if 1/5 is 330 calories then the whole pizza is 1,650. Divide that into 4 and a piece is 412.5 calories. Divide it into 6 and a piece is 275 calories.