Prayers needed...

Options
kellch
kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
:brokenheart: :cry: Just got news that my brother and his girlfriend that are expecting went to the doctor and the baby's intestines are growing outside of its body. It could be something that can be fixed easily or could turn out more complicated. If the intestines are small enough they could simply do surgery and put them back in. But if they are too big they will have to put some sort of contraption on it until the kid gets older and then do the surgery. There is a possibility of down syndrome too. They did tell them it will be a little boy. We need all the prayers we can get. :brokenheart:

Also on Saturday we received a letter that my fiance will be laid off in December. We're already having serious financial issues. This economy is crap. I guess we at least have 2 months to work on finding a new job for him. The company he works for is laying off 1000 temporary workers. It's gonna be tough. So we also need prayers for that. :brokenheart: :cry:

:heart: :smooched: {hugs} to all.....

Replies

• kellch
    Options
    :brokenheart: :cry: Just got news that my brother and his girlfriend that are expecting went to the doctor and the baby's intestines are growing outside of its body. It could be something that can be fixed easily or could turn out more complicated. If the intestines are small enough they could simply do surgery and put them back in. But if they are too big they will have to put some sort of contraption on it until the kid gets older and then do the surgery. There is a possibility of down syndrome too. They did tell them it will be a little boy. We need all the prayers we can get. :brokenheart:

Also on Saturday we received a letter that my fiance will be laid off in December. We're already having serious financial issues. This economy is crap. I guess we at least have 2 months to work on finding a new job for him. The company he works for is laying off 1000 temporary workers. It's gonna be tough. So we also need prayers for that. :brokenheart: :cry:

:heart: :smooched: {hugs} to all.....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you all.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Prayers your way sweetheart.:heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    praying for you
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Prayers coming your way
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    You and your family are in my prayers.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Awwww hun!! Big time prayers coming your way!! I am a big believer in the power of prayer! My friend who wasn't supposed to live through the first night after getting an embolism in her heart a little over a month go is actually going HOME today!!

So, keep hope and faith! Miracles DO happen!!

:heart:
    -Tami
  • kellch
    Options
    Thanks all for your support. It is appreciated....:heart: You guys are great! :smooched:

Tam....that's great news about your friend. I'm very happy for her and her family...:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    God works in mysterious ways. I will remember you in my prayers, especially for you little nephew.

sara
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:
    Prayers to you sweetie.
    :heart:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The excact same thing happened to my best friend's baby. The large intenstine and bowel were outside of the body when he was born. He is a perfectly healthy 3 year old now! As scary as this time is, please know that the things doctors can do is amazing!
    My prayers are with you!!!!!
  • kellch
    Options
    The excact same thing happened to my best friend's baby. The large intenstine and bowel were outside of the body when he was born. He is a perfectly healthy 3 year old now! As scary as this time is, please know that the things doctors can do is amazing!
    My prayers are with you!!!!!

Thank you for that story it helps...:flowerforyou:
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Our prayers are with you, especially for that little one to come.

I agree full heartedly, economy is crap, my husband has gotten 2 paycuts and a demotion since April, and we have 5 kids, things are tough, but will be even harder this winter, were just hoping things get better after election, hopefully we can all hang in until then. I wish you and your fiance luck, in these hard times, hang in there.
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You and your fiancee are in my prayers. Your soon to be born nephew and his parents are there too. Please share with them that 40 years ago I knew a young man who had the same complications. He was 21 when I met him and had done really well with the surgery as a baby (60 years ago) and was leading a perfectly normal life. Best wishes to all of you. Jackie
  • kellch
    Options
    You and your fiancee are in my prayers. Your soon to be born nephew and his parents are there too. Please share with them that 40 years ago I knew a young man who had the same complications. He was 21 when I met him and had done really well with the surgery as a baby (60 years ago) and was leading a perfectly normal life. Best wishes to all of you. Jackie

Thank you :flowerforyou: It is much appreciated.
  • kellch
    Options
    Our prayers are with you, especially for that little one to come.

I agree full heartedly, economy is crap, my husband has gotten 2 paycuts and a demotion since April, and we have 5 kids, things are tough, but will be even harder this winter, were just hoping things get better after election, hopefully we can all hang in until then. I wish you and your fiance luck, in these hard times, hang in there.

Thank you...and my prayers are with you and your family as well:flowerforyou:
  • drgall
    drgall Posts: 30
    Options
    Just remember God isn't going to allow you to go through more than you can handle. Praise Him in the storm and He will answer. Keep the faith!
    Denise
    89747.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I'll keep them in my prayers.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'll be praying. :flowerforyou:
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    Hi Kellch,

A funny thing happened to me regarding prayer...a very close friend of mine, knowing that I am not overly religious (mostly spiritual but not religious anyhow) just out of nowhere blurted out to me one day during our lunch break :

"God is a busy person, so if you want him to help you with something or need something you have to ask in great detail because if your just gonna give him a slight idea of what you need your gonna go to the end of the list, hes busy and he needs detail!"

Needless to say, I though she was a little loony and had been shaking the tambourine too long at sunday service :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But when I found myself without a job (because my former employer didnt agree with my being pregnant...a-holes) I remembered Mariam (my friend) and took a moment to have a detailed conversation with the big guy. I asked for exactly what I needed in salary, where I figured it would be more convenient to work (for the bus routes back and forth to not be expensive as I dont drive) and the type of work I wanted to do. My answer came the very next day...from Mariam!

She was working as asistant to the CEO of a company and they required a personal travel agent for him as well...they hired me during the interview and I started the very next day...making well into triple what I was making before.

The point of this whole story? you need to ask in detail...the Lord is a busy person and if you need something you have to be sure to ask for it right...its ok to be detailed and fussy...God will only send you what you need anyways.

You dont need your nephew to get better (that is only downsizing the help)...you need him to live a long and healthy life with intestines that will be able to be placed inside his little body and avoid down syndrom as he will have a lot of places to visit and people to meet in his long and succesful life that is just about to begin!

And your fiancee doesnt "need a job" he needs to find a company that will recognize his talent and commitment (made posible only by having a spectacular woman to back him :laugh: ) and pay him a salary not adequate to the job he is doing but adequate to the amount of bills to pay (which is generally double :grumble: ), alll this in a convenient environment where he feels inspired to go that extra mile for the company.

Sounds crazy but if you think about it we never go into detail when we ask the Lord for help...you may hear somebody say "Lord...I need a car" but you rarely ever hear people say "Lord...I need the new Daihatsu Materia, hopefully in that nice wine color, completely pimped out (maybe a better choice of words for speaking to the Lord is best, but you get my idea :laugh: )"

Dont be afraid to ask...the lord always listens. and remember...if things dont go exactly as planned its because it was not meant to be that way... it may go even better. (Seriously, the big guy has a strange sense of humor but hes cool)