Prayers needed...

Options

Replies

• dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :heart: :cry: My heart is breaking for my little grandson, Chance. He has to struggle from the minute he was conceived. Now he is lying there and no one can hold him and introduce him to the world with loving arms. It is very hard to see him there but I will rub him and let him know we are here for him. Your prayers are appreiciated and it helps to hear from you all. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kathy, a Newborn Resuscitation Nurse. I've been to several deliveries and looked after babies like this a lot of times! It's called Gastroschesis, and it's more common with young Moms. Sounds like the baby is doing well. If he is a term baby he'll do a lot better than preterms too. The method they are using to reduce the bowel is a newer method, at least here in Winnipeg it was just being started a year ago. But from all I've heard from the Neonatologists is this is a much perferred method than just the surgery. There's a less chance of infection which is usually one of the major complications. If the heart, lungs and all are working well, that means there is good pumping and delivering of blood to these organs- so there's less chance other complications. It's hard to see and breaks your heart for those family involved, but these babies usually do very well. Unfortunatly he can't go home with his Mommy and Daddy, but the Neonatal Nurses out there LOVE their babies (we say they're ours when we look after them) and will get the best care in the world. Take care, many hugs to your family at this tough time. Positivity, support and (washing those hands) is the best thing right now!! I LOVE the name! Any questions, let me know, your friend Kath

What a special job you have, Kathy! After having 2 kiddos in NICU I agree w/ you 100% that Neonatal Nurses ROCK...so loving, attentive, and helpful to parents. Kudos for the information...I'm kellch's cousin and it will be nice to pass on such positive information to our family. Thank you!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    :heart: :cry: My heart is breaking for my little grandson, Chance. He has to struggle from the minute he was conceived. Now he is lying there and no one can hold him and introduce him to the world with loving arms. It is very hard to see him there but I will rub him and let him know we are here for him. Your prayers are appreiciated and it helps to hear from you all. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

(((hugs))) Aunt Diane...please know that so many people are praying for Chance and all of you!!!! I am sure Chance knows how much is loved. I'm going to pick up some new books for him today...perhaps Jeff & Amanda (and obviously his loving grandparents) can read to him on occasion.

Love you!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

Love ya mom...:flowerforyou: He's a Kelley...he'll be strong :flowerforyou: It's amazing how far technology has come in the hospitals and the things they can do. I wish I could be there for everyone right now. Love ya and miss ya :smooched:
  • MrsBlaze
    Options
    My prayers are with you and your family. :flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Right now no one but parents and grandparents can see him. I hold your love in my heart Cheryl and that is what is making me strong enough to get through this. :heart: :flowerforyou: Thank you for this string of wishes on MFP. It helps me so much.:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Right now no one but parents and grandparents can see him. I hold your love in my heart Cheryl and that is what is making me strong enough to get through this. :heart: :flowerforyou: Thank you for this string of wishes on MFP. It helps me so much.:flowerforyou:

Love you too :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    My prayers are with you and your family. :flowerforyou:

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • aminor61
    aminor61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will be praying for them
    !!!
  • kellch
    Options
    I will be praying for them
    !!!

thx :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Update......My nephew was born Sunday morning. They did one surgery but couldn't get all of the baby's intestines inside. His name is Chance Michael and he was 6 lbs. 4 oz. They transported him for surgery right away. His intestines are in a bag hanging above him. They say as time goes by they will shrink (as right now they are swollen) and go back inside him. He may possibly need a couple more surgeries but only time will tell. His heart and lungs are strong and he is not in pain. He has been sleeping peacefully. The doctors say the survival rate is very high. He may be in the hospital anywhere from 1-8 months. No one is able to hold him and only the parents and grandparents are allowed to see him. This is a very tough time and all of your prayers are appreciated. :flowerforyou: :brokenheart: :cry: But if he's anything like his dad and mom he's a figher and a tough little guy. He'll pull through. :flowerforyou:

Thanks all :heart: :smooched:

Cheryl, I am so thankful he was born into a family of love and prayer.

I am thanking God today that he has given Chance a healthy body in the months to come.
    I thank him for guiding the hands of the doctors and nurses he has placed in Chance's care.
    I thank him for giving your sister in law and brother the love and encouragement they need to sustain them in this trying time.
    I thank him for being THERE with your family, holding you all in his loving grace.
    God please bless Chance and his family. Amen.

(I believe in name it and claim it type of prayer!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

mrs kelly, that must be the worst feeling of all. I have not been blessed with grandchildren yet, but I can imagine they are next to heaven in our hearts. I pray the Lord will hold you and comfort you.

:heart: Jeannie
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Prayers Mrs Kelly and Kellch.

With God all things are possible and will be.

Hugs and prayers.

:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Update......My nephew was born Sunday morning. They did one surgery but couldn't get all of the baby's intestines inside. His name is Chance Michael and he was 6 lbs. 4 oz. They transported him for surgery right away. His intestines are in a bag hanging above him. They say as time goes by they will shrink (as right now they are swollen) and go back inside him. He may possibly need a couple more surgeries but only time will tell. His heart and lungs are strong and he is not in pain. He has been sleeping peacefully. The doctors say the survival rate is very high. He may be in the hospital anywhere from 1-8 months. No one is able to hold him and only the parents and grandparents are allowed to see him. This is a very tough time and all of your prayers are appreciated. :flowerforyou: :brokenheart: :cry: But if he's anything like his dad and mom he's a figher and a tough little guy. He'll pull through. :flowerforyou:

Thanks all :heart: :smooched:

Cheryl, I am so thankful he was born into a family of love and prayer.

I am thanking God today that he has given Chance a healthy body in the months to come.
    I thank him for guiding the hands of the doctors and nurses he has placed in Chance's care.
    I thank him for giving your sister in law and brother the love and encouragement they need to sustain them in this trying time.
    I thank him for being THERE with your family, holding you all in his loving grace.
    God please bless Chance and his family. Amen.

(I believe in name it and claim it type of prayer!)

Thank you Jeannie....that was very sweet :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Prayers Mrs Kelly and Kellch.

With God all things are possible and will be.

Hugs and prayers.

:flowerforyou:

Thanks B4 :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Here's a picture my brother just sent me:

7047_5785.jpg?1232994948
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with your family.
  • kellch
    Options
    7047_9315.jpg?1232995501

So precious! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    My prayers are with your family.

thank you :flowerforyou:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What a BEAUTIFUL baby!! I just want to kiss his little cheecks!!!!!! My prayers are with your family!!!!!!