To All Who Go Over Calorie Net More Than Desired...

Replies

• Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    I've been in desparate need of this too! I'm just on my first day now, so hopefully the next 28 days for me will be in the green :)
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    i need this!! i'm in haha
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    haha same, I’m in!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Somewhat worried about today. There were potato chips in the break room today and I ate some. Today, sunday, is my worst work out day. I work 10-8 and my boyfriend is usually home when I get home so I can't do 30 day shred or anything. I have around 380 calories left for the day and still around two hours left of work! I've been doing better on snacking while at work, but the potato chips were badddd.

Anything advice on what to eat, should I just not eat much for the rest of the day? Any high calorie burning exercises I can easily do?

NOTE: I work as a phone operator, I am away from public eye except the one or two people came come back into my area. I've got one person working about two yards from me.

So I forgot my boyfriend had a meeting tonight so I dud 30 day shred and some work on the wii fit.
  • Aliena
    Aliena Posts: 13
    Can't believe I just got the Wii Fit out and burned 174 calories because I wanted green numbers. Crazy thing is I was only over by 8 calories in the first place! It all helps though!
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    I'm definitely in, from today that is! I have less than 5 weeks until a vacation and I seriously need to lose before I go. I think this will really help me! :)
  • coolsmartygirl
    Can't believe I just got the Wii Fit out and burned 174 calories because I wanted green numbers. Crazy thing is I was only over by 8 calories in the first place! It all helps though!

That's still a great job! Every little bit helps out, especially if it gets you to green :]
  • SamChye
    SamChye Posts: 1
    I'm in. I'm going home for summer in a week and I know I'm going to be tempted to eat all the food I've been wanting to eat back home and I'm really scared I'm just going to justify them by saying I haven't had them in months but I don't want to wreck my diet so I'm going to enjoy myself but still keeping to the calorie net so I'm definitely in (:
  • coolsmartygirl
    I'm in. I'm going home for summer in a week and I know I'm going to be tempted to eat all the food I've been wanting to eat back home and I'm really scared I'm just going to justify them by saying I haven't had them in months but I don't want to wreck my diet so I'm going to enjoy myself but still keeping to the calorie net so I'm definitely in (:

portion control is key. If you have an urge to eat something eat a small amount.
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Clarification: If you are 0 calories under/over, it counts as a green day, even if the zero shows up as red in the diary.
  • coolsmartygirl
    Clarification: If you are 0 calories under/over, it counts as a green day, even if the zero shows up as red in the diary.

I don't think I have ever had that actually happen!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    I'm naughty...I forgot to log a shot I had on Saturday that will have pushed me over. But I don't want to add t on as it looks so pretty as a green day :)
  • ai965
    We won't hold any mistakes against you. :)
  • ai965
    Advice: Check the nutrition information BEFORE you eat something so you know if it will put you over, and if so how many calories you will have to burn to get back under your net calorie goal. Also, if you are having trouble sticking to the challenge, try setting more realistic goals, then building up to a goal for perfection. Finally, if late night snacking's got you down, say goodnight earlier. There's no better distraction from eating than sleep! :)
  • _Emu_
    _Emu_ Posts: 45 Member
    hi, can I join you? I'm pretty new to this, but doing ok so far, I think I've only had a couple of red days,

I love this site, it always makes me feel guilty if I've eaten badly or not worked out!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    I think I'd like to join in with this. Had a bit of a downfall on Sunday and went over by 55 calories on Monday, but I'm only just starting this perfection challenge so we can forget about those days :-P

Edit: I'm also doing a July 10 pound blast off challenge, which some of you may be interested in too? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/usmcmp/view/july-10-pound-blast-off-120576
  • ai965
    Of course you can join! This group's doors are wide open and welcome for anyone, any time this month, no matter what your red day/green day status is.
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Just want to say that joining this group and making the decision to commit to being under my calories has really been helping me so far!!!!! I have not been over on a single day yet. If I'm being honest with myself, prior to July 1st I hadn't had an "under" day in weeks. So this is significant!!! And making me feel awesome :) I hope everyone else is doing well too!!!! Some things that have been helping me are to plan my meals in advance, and to make sure that I get exercise in so that I am fine to eat a little bit of junk here and there, instead of my mindset from before. The past couple of weeks when I'd go over I would kind of give up and not care for the rest of the day (always, of course, saying that I wouldn't go over the day after)!!! That's the slipperiest kind of slope towards gaining weight, because it happens gradually and slowly, a bit each day saying "oh tomorrow I'll eat under!" But now I'm making sure that if I do go over, or know that I will later in the day, I am exercising enough so that it all balances out. Also, planning in advance is a lifesaver.

Like I said, I hope you all are doing well with the challenge, and that it is helping you as much as it is helping me!
  • ai965
    Great to hear how much the challenge has helped, CarroseH. Great tips as well. Thanks for the inspiring update :)
  • ai965
    It's Thursday (at least here on the West Coast). Check in is coming up! Number of green days/red days needs to be posted when you complete your food diary for 7/8/11. Can't wait to see everyone's progress! Hope you are all doing well :)