Biking Challenge - 1 mth, 150 miles

Options
JonoK
JonoK Posts: 147 Member
So on my ride to work this morning, I was thinking that maybe I'd challenge myself to bike more then 150 miles this month. At first, it sounds crazy, but I actually think it's easily obtainable. If it proves to be too easy, I'll up the challenge next month.

Anyone want to join me on this one?

Replies

• JonoK
    Options
    Miles this month so far: 7.2
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i'll hafta do that on the gym bike. i'm not sure i can do that much since i haven't been bikin in so long :laugh:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    It's doable, totally. I'm in. A friend of mine rode half of that miles in just one day. :-)
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    hmmm.... too bad you didn't start yesterday I could have logged 12 :) .... I think i'm in..... thanks for the challenge!!!!!
  • inafit16177
    Options
    I am IN!!!! Will report back later today with my miles!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I usually average 15 miles per run and go up to 3 times per week. None yet so far.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm in - I plan on doing a 15 mile ride tomorrow. Fun Challenge idea. None so far today, but I'll add some tomorrow!

-Dave
  • JonoK
    Options
    I'm in. I usually average 15 miles per run and go up to 3 times per week. None yet so far.

Me too!
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I'm in, but I will get over that alone on July 28-30...as I am doing the last 3 days of RAGBRAI :) But I will try to log 150 before RAGBRAI.
  • grover7445
    Options
    Hey Jon that's a great challenge. I have been challenging myself monthly for the last three months. Since we have had very little rain I have been able to get out consistently throughout the last three months. I would love to join you in this challenge.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What if I can't ride a bike (yeah, I can't swim either) Can I count my spin class miles?!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'll join ya!!

I've got about 4 miles already this morning. I'll have to check my cyclometer here in a bit. I dropped the car at the shop so it wasn't my usual 7 commute.

Sounds like fun!
  • dmeyne
    dmeyne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! I get a lot of miles during the summer months, but I have not tracked total miles. It will be interesting to see how much biking I actually do. I know I biked about 70 miles last week, but that was June. I'll check my odometer today and start fresh for July!
  • JonoK
    Options
    I'll join you! I get a lot of miles during the summer months, but I have not tracked total miles. It will be interesting to see how much biking I actually do. I know I biked about 70 miles last week, but that was June. I'll check my odometer today and start fresh for July!

I just got on maps.google.com - you can plot out your path and then it'll tell you how far it is on a bike.
  • JonoK
    Options
    Hey Jon that's a great challenge. I have been challenging myself monthly for the last three months. Since we have had very little rain I have been able to get out consistently throughout the last three months. I would love to join you in this challenge.

Welcome aboard.
  • JonoK
    Options
    What if I can't ride a bike (yeah, I can't swim either) Can I count my spin class miles?!

I don't see why not. As long as you're being challenged!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, however, I will be traveling out of the country the majority this month. If you plan on doing this again later this year let me know. Thanks !!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7.55 miles - July 1st

If I ride to work, I can put 100+ miles just one day. :-)
  • crzymom04
    crzymom04 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am in. Will post later what my miles are.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'll join ya!!

I've got about 4 miles already this morning. I'll have to check my cyclometer here in a bit. I dropped the car at the shop so it wasn't my usual 7 commute.

Sounds like fun!

Today's total = 14.5 miles

We're leaving town in the morning so I won't ride again until Wednesday. I didn't want you to think I quit!

For an added incentive, go to www.mapmyride.com and log your ride each day of the Tour de France to enter to win cycling gear/travel. Fitness AND free stuff! Woohoo!