Biking Challenge - 1 mth, 150 miles

Options

Replies

• JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know it's a couple days into July but, if I can, I would like to join you. I'm up for the challenge!

Welcome aboard.
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    July 6th: 11 miles
    July to date: 22 miles

another nice day so i rode my bike to work again!
    i am currently riding an old bike we got for free (it works fine, I put a good seat etc on it) - I have a really nice mountain bike, but it stinks on the road - any advice on a reasonable road bike that has some "off road" capability - some of the paths I ride to work are through the woods - nothing crazy. :bigsmile: If I keep up the riding I would like to get a nice reliable bike - this one will probably fall apart soon :laugh: Thanks all!
  • dmeyne
    dmeyne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    July 6th: 11 miles
    July to date: 22 miles

another nice day so i rode my bike to work again!
    i am currently riding an old bike we got for free (it works fine, I put a good seat etc on it) - I have a really nice mountain bike, but it stinks on the road - any advice on a reasonable road bike that has some "off road" capability - some of the paths I ride to work are through the woods - nothing crazy. :bigsmile: If I keep up the riding I would like to get a nice reliable bike - this one will probably fall apart soon :laugh: Thanks all!

Sounds like you need a hybrid bike. It has the handlebars like a mountain bike and in-between tires. It's what I ride since up to a few months ago, I lived on a gravel road and had to ride 2 miles of gravel to get to the highway. It also works well on the trails near me that is made of crushed limestone.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    I'll join in. I doubt I will make the 150 mark this month because I am having outpatient surgery tomorrow 7/7 but I will damn sure try.
  • dmeyne
    Options
    Sounds like you need a hybrid bike. It has the handlebars like a mountain bike and in-between tires. It's what I ride since up to a few months ago, I lived on a gravel road and had to ride 2 miles of gravel to get to the highway. It also works well on the trails near me that is made of crushed limestone.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Ooh, I'm in!!!

So far this month I'm on 32 (rather than do a countdown my miles will be in my Trackie :smile:
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options

that sounds just about right! do you reccomend any brand / type etc? Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    July 6th Miles: 15.04

July Miles to date: 69.78

Happy Riding everyone!

-Dave
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    July 6th- 13.1 miles

July miles to date- 13.1
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7.55 miles - July 1st

July 5th - 5.92 miles
    Total - 13.47 miles
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm in. 40 mi so far this month.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    July 1st - 7.55 miles
    July 5th - 5.92 miles
    July 6th - 8.61 miles
    =================
    Total ---- 22.08 miles
  • drewk1
    drewk1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll join you

29.23 miles so far this month
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I did another 12.5 miles today.

exercise.png
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I did 16 miles today, and it was really humid and hot. Up to 131 miles for July now.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    July 6th: 11.3 miles today, 31 miles in total
  • dmeyne
    Options

that sounds just about right! do you reccomend any brand / type etc? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I'm partial to Trek bikes but there are lots of good brands. Any good bike shop will match a style of bike to what you tell them you are using it for. There is a very wide price range. I'd say your best bet is to go to your local bike shop and they will be your best help.
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Options
    Count me in! So far this month I've rode 16.23 miles. I use runkeeper on my iphone to track my mileage. This challenge will make me push harder!!! Yay!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Although my mileage goal for this month is 400, just like last month.

On Saturday I'm riding my first century (100 miles), and I'm very excited. And a bit nervous too.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I added 10.2 miles yesterday. That brings my total to 24.7 miles so far.