16 miles done today...woot
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    3 miles run
    updated ticker
  • RunnerGirl876
    Options
    15 miles today and I'm chuffed; my furthest ever run!
    So I'm at 130 miles but haven't been able to update my ticker yet.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    5 more miles for today
    updated ticker
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    4 miles run
    ticker updated below
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sitting at 205 for the month right now. A rare July with 5 Saturdays and Sundays should make for a big month.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    15 miles today and I'm chuffed; my furthest ever run!
    So I'm at 130 miles but haven't been able to update my ticker yet.

Awesome girl! And congrats on your long run!
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Sitting at 205 for the month right now. A rare July with 5 Saturdays and Sundays should make for a big month.

Truly inspiring! How long have you been running?
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Just reached 120, not sure how the rest of the week is going to play out.

An ankle surgery a couple years back left me with a hip out of alignment. When I started upping my milage, it the outward rotation on my foot/leg was stressing my hip flexor. Have started seeing a great sports therapist, who uses multiple modalities as well as chiropractic work. He told me to keep running, but my body has told me to back off a little bit this past week. It is strange relearning how to run and walk now that things are balanced. Working to build strength in muscles that were not being utilized - had no idea how much I was using my other leg to pull me forward. Nor how much I was landing on the outside of my foot. The process is an interesting for sure - luckily the hip flexor doesn't hurt when it is aligned, just need to make sure I don't get out to far and get fatigued, because that is when the muscles start wanting to revert to their old structure.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    8 miles run
    updated ticker below
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    Just reached 120, not sure how the rest of the week is going to play out.

An ankle surgery a couple years back left me with a hip out of alignment. When I started upping my milage, it the outward rotation on my foot/leg was stressing my hip flexor. Have started seeing a great sports therapist, who uses multiple modalities as well as chiropractic work. He told me to keep running, but my body has told me to back off a little bit this past week. It is strange relearning how to run and walk now that things are balanced. Working to build strength in muscles that were not being utilized - had no idea how much I was using my other leg to pull me forward. Nor how much I was landing on the outside of my foot. The process is an interesting for sure - luckily the hip flexor doesn't hurt when it is aligned, just need to make sure I don't get out to far and get fatigued, because that is when the muscles start wanting to revert to their old structure.

You're doing an amazing job. Especially considering your injury concerns...
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    8 miles run
    update below
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was never a part of this, maybe in August. I am at 112.1 miles for the month. I've done some travelling otherwise I would probably have reached 150. I'm aiming for 130 to end the month.
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Bunches, ARC and RunnerGirl - Congratulations on meeting your goals, (ok, slightly early, but you two ladies are there), this month.

Assuming that I complete the race, it looks like I am going to hit 150 exactly. Taking today as a rest day, going to to an easy 1.5 miles run down to the river tomorrow, swim/sunbathe, and then run back. Seems and easy, enjoyable way to stretch my legs, but conserve energy for the final ten miles on race day.

I thank you all for your support and encouragement. It has been an interesting month in my journey as a runner. While it has undoubtably opened up me up in many ways - confidence in my abilities, new friends, new trails, and hightened body awareness -it has also felt like a step backwards.

I feel in love with running, because it was a time simply for me to be with myself, nature and maybe my dog. Not stress, no expectations, no real goals other than to work my body and quiet my mind. In that I was finding a calm and happiness that have been missing in my life for years now.

Somehow, I have found myself running with others, more than by myself. And while the insights and knowledge these seasoned runners have shared are valued and appreciated, some of the joy in running has faded.

So, think I am taking at least a couple weeks to hit the trails alone. Maybe ad in one group run a week after that point. No miles goals next month. Just go back to me and the dirt. Try to reconnect.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    Try to reconnect.

Sounds like a great idea! :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    well done for all you who have met or are meeting your goals, and wish i could say the same. Ive just not had the childcare to be able to do it most of the time, but will probably take on another challenge maybe september when theyre all back at school x
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    17 miles today. Challenge met.

This was a hard, hard challenge....
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!
  • RunnerGirl876
    Options
    An easy 5 today and an easy 7/8/9/whatever I fancy tomorrow (it's my low mileage week) and job done. :) Well done everyone else, whether you made it this time or will do next time. :D