Chelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

Options

Replies

• VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Made these yesterday, added bacon and cheese to make them "loaded" it was delicious and still only 150 calories a serving (I needed the extra calories)
  • HayleeWho
    HayleeWho Posts: 14
    Options
    It's so good! It's also good with just the boiled cauliflower and a little non fat milk, blended!
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up for Chelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"! I'm grabbing some Mrs. Dash tonight for my toppings and making some for dinner.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks! This is dinner tonight
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I use mashed cauliflower to make shepherd's pie instead of potatoes. It took the kids 13 years to figure it out. :D

Can you share your recipie? Ive tried a lot ive found online but they havnt turned out so well
  • dnc420
    dnc420 Posts: 5
    Options
    OORAH - God bless your family for your service to this GREAT country!!
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Made my first cauliflower mashed tonight. Boiled, add a little bit of olive oil and pepper medley. Loved it! thanks for the recommendation.
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    yum!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used the soup this time and I also used my stick blender which really is quick. Very good.
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i love your recipes! I'll be making this tonight =)
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds yummy thanks!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • I loved this recipe.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I loved mashed cauliflower, so does my family, even my kids! I just made some the other night. To keep the cals down I use chicken broth instead of milk and 1 tablespoon of smart balance. I have never made shepherd's pie because I don't eat potatoes often but I think I might try it with the cauliflower! P.S. to save time you can use frozen instead of fresh and it still comes out great!

Another way I love cauliflower is roasted, which is what I ate last night. Separate into small florets, toss with olive oil, salt, spices and roast at 425 until brown and soft. My kids go nuts over this too.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gotta save this one.....thanks for sharing!~
  • evilgirlie
    evilgirlie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sounds soooooo tasty!
  • Catnyc123
    Catnyc123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • GrammyDiane
    Options
    Chellie - I've seen this recipe on other threads but have yet to try it. Your variation sounds very easy and yummy. I will definitely try this one. Sounds like it might be a great substitution for Thanksgiving dinner as well!! Looking forward to more posts from you!
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump ~ thanks for sharing!
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump