Running Tip: So you are about to do your first race.

Options

Replies

• Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    wonderful information. Thanks
  • NatureIsleEmpress
    NatureIsleEmpress Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for that info, doing my first 5k in September in NYC nervous and excited.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    this is awesome - thanks so much!!

Also- from my own person experience - make sure you have race appropriate clothes. My first 8k i wore cotton leggings. Once i really got moving they started to stretch out and i ended up having them fall down, and show everyone my undies. (also, don't forget to wear undies!!) i had to pin them to my shirt with the pins from my number just to finish the race. i vow to wear running specific leggings/shorts until the day i die. :)
  • rjs3455
    rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great Info!! thank you
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great read! Thanks! I am doing AZ Urbanathalon In November. Training for this has been the first time since the late 80's that I have ran 5K, all at once AND on purpose!
  • kabakken
    kabakken Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great info, thanks!
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump, i saw this yesterday and have been looking for it ever since! great article
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump, i saw this yesterday and have been looking for it ever since! great article

Thanks to everyone who keeps bumping this, and for the great feedback. It's so nice to be able to lend my experience to the benefit of others.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
  • crazymom4
    crazymom4 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    awesome post thanks i run my first half in august i cant wait!!! i am on a 12 weeek training program, i am running another half in novemeber a quick question is once i am done this training and run my 13 miles do i pick a different harder training schedule for my next marathon??? seems like it would be silly to go back to the begining of training which was alot or 3 mile runs with 4 miles being the long runs.... by week 6 the long runs progreseed every sunday by one mile i.e 6 weeks was 7 miles, next week is 8 then 9 then 10 then 11 so on till marathon day, hope this makes sense feedback would be great!!
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    bump great info thanks :)
  • stelid
    stelid Posts: 60
    Options
    bumb, thanks for the insight!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Found this off your siggy, and it's great advice :D I'm going to run my first 5k in September, so will definitely check back here :)
  • lbehm
    lbehm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JigglyHuffRunner
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump

thanks!
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    BUMP! GREAT INFO!
    I got excited about my race in September, just reading it!