OT Question of the Day..SPOOKY

Options

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    From the book of questions....just for fun:drinker:

Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

I'm not sure if I believe in them or not. I do love all (well, most) of the ghost shows like Ghost Whisperer and stuff like that.

One night, my daughter had me watching some show where they took this family and left them in this haunted house or castle or something and then gave them tasks to do throughout the night. I thought it was just awful. I saw this poor girl about 16 or so scared out of her mind. But they had to spend the whole night there and then I guess they got money for it.

Anyway. I have to admit/confess to something. When the Blair Witch Project came out. I had NO CLUE it was fake. I remember thinking I can't believe the families of these kids would agree to release this footage during the whole movie. That movie crept me the F!@# OUT! Anyway, it wasn't until we were leaving the theater that it was all fake. How dumb am I? I don't know how that got passed me. 4fvgdaq_th.gif I mean my hands were shaking when we left the theater.

Same here..I had no idea it was fake & it scared the crap out of me!:noway:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Don't believe in ghosts so yes, I would stay in a "haunted house".
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe in them and I love to watch horror movies so there is no way I would spend a night alone in a supposedly haunted house. I have watched to many movies where that is a bad idea LOL. Nothing may not even happen but with my imagination every little noise I heard would probably give me a heartattack. I am really bad when it comes to those things. I dont even like to be home alone because I think there might be zombies outside my window or I dont like to go outside without a light because of those things from Pitchblack might be out there LMAO.

Connie

You live in the mountains, right? It is kinda scary up there. I always kinda get freaked out when we camp at Grandfather mountain. Too many noises!

Yea and I am going camping next weekend with the cubscouts. This ought to be fun. Just me and the boys in our tent. At least I will be close to other people.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I kind of believe in ghosts/spirits....

As for the haunted house, there had better be a TON of money involved.:wink:

Havent you seen house on haunted hill. No amount of money would do for me.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yep, I believe, what else can you do when you grew up with them. There was something about our hallway and bedrooms. My parents still live there, and when they have my boys over for the night there is one bedroom in paticular that they refuse to sleep in. We have weird stuff happening in our house that we live in right now too, but we keep blaming it on the cat!! (we live directly across from a cemetary as well).
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    yea, the cemetaries need to be mowed part was a little kidding:smile:

Don't worry, MJfer, I caught on to your sense of humor awhile ago! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am not sure "I believe".... but there is something....

I like cool old buildings, so if I got to wander in one....sure.

I love the "Day of the Dead".... it should not be feared...
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I'm a chicken poo.

If my dh chases me in the house, I get all freaked out. You won't catch me near a haunted house and I'm way too much of a chicken to watch a horror flick.

Someone hold me! :indifferent:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I'm a chicken poo.

If my dh chases me in the house, I get all freaked out. You won't catch me near a haunted house and I'm way too much of a chicken to watch a horror flick.

Poor Mir!!

Come here sweet pea.:flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Intellectually, I don't believe in ghosts or haunted houses but I do have an overly active and oddly nervous imagination. So, despite what my mind tells me, my emotional response is not always that logical. "The Shining" and "Amytyville Horror" scared the **** our of me and to this day,thanks to "Psycho" I'll occasionally get nervous taking a shower when I'm alone in the house. So, I would probably stay in a haunted house, scoffing at how ridiculous it all is and still end up scaring myself to death over something. I can guarantee that I wouldn't get any sleep.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't STAY in a house that was haunted........nope, not me.

I'm very sensitive, or easily scared, however you want to look at it.
    My SO lived across the street from a cemetery his whole life :noway: That just scares me.
    Ironically, I love going to haunted houses and watching scary movies (the scary, not stupid ones). :huh:

I know, I'm weird. :indifferent:

Ohhh I LOVE cemeteries! Where ever we travel, I always make DH stop at the cemetery and I love to walk through the gravestones - reading the old inscriptions. I remember one inscription said something like, "Where you are, I once was. Where I am, You will soon be." I also take my children to the cemetery - I want them to learn to honor and remember the dead and not be afraid of them.

That's interesting......that inscription is very insightful, too.

I don't think, at least in the near future, that I'll be taking adventures into cemeteries. I do respect the lessons you're teaching your children about the dead though. This is kinda funny.......I'm moving in a couple weeks to a house(renting) which is around the corner from a cemetery. We'll be blocked by another house, so no view for me. The realtor who was selling this house also takes care of the lawn(the owner lives in another state) and he rides his lawnmower from his house through the cemetery as a shortcut, a 1 1/2 mile ride total. In my opinion, I think that's wrong. Isn't that disrespectful to the dead?:huh:

Is he riding over the grass (actual bodies), or is there a paved road running through the cemetery? The larger cemeteries tend to have actual roads going through it for people to drive up to their deceased beloved, so it is a road - I think that is fine. Driving over the grass/bodies...uhhh, not so fine.

You know in Mexico they celebrate the dead on Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) and they have a big ol' party in the cemetery - I love that idea. Colors, food, people remembering their ancestors, etc. Over here, we're lucky to get plastic flowers once a year and hopfully someone tends to our headstone....

Actually, I'm not quite sure if there's a road or not.....:embarassed:
    I guess I just don't know cemetery etiquette, or what is deemed "okay". Just seemed wrong to me, but I'm learning.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day, II

How the heck is that word association game still going???? :noway:

:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You could offer me 10 pounds off my body in 1 minute and I would NOT stay in a haunted house!!

But...I went for the Ghost Tours on New Orleans and St. Augustine....if you get a good story teller they are so much fun.

I avoided the guy with white face paint, black nail polish and pointy teeth for that one!!

:glasses: :
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    and I LOVE cemetaries! so many stories to make up, or read, or tell!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You could offer me 10 pounds off my body in 1 minute and I would NOT stay in a haunted house!!

But...I went for the Ghost Tours on New Orleans and St. Augustine....if you get a good story teller they are so much fun.

I avoided the guy with white face paint, black nail polish and pointy teeth for that one!!

:glasses: :
    I'm going on my first ghost tour next Friday with my sister!! Should be fun!!
  • Mireille
    Options
    I'm a chicken poo.

Poor Mir!!

Come here sweet pea.:flowerforyou:

Thank you princess!!! :heart:
  • Mireille
    Options
    I'm a chicken poo.

No, you're moose dung.

No Max, moose dung is what is between your ears, silly.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I kind of believe in ghosts/spirits....

As for the haunted house, there had better be a TON of money involved.:wink:

Havent you seen house on haunted hill. No amount of money would do for me.

Nope, haven't watched it! Sounds like it might change my mind.:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    We lived in a house once that had spooks. We would be sitting there and our washer would just start . I know it wasn't the washer because when we moved it never did that. The spook that we had was a good spook though. One day as I was leaving the house I pushed rewind on the movie I had been watching. when I got home the movie was ejected and put in the case. I lived a lone and no one else had keys to my place, and who would eject a movie and stick it in the case? There were a few other things that happened that were just weird and no explanation. So I beleive

it was me.....I didn't know when a good time to tell you would be.....it was I who put the tape back...way back before I even knew there would be an Anna-Banana....that's amazing, it really is that now we know one another on MFP!!

This could be a made for TV movie......you could play yourself and I probably wouldn't watch the movie.....cause I need to go do my laundry in a bit.:drinker: :huh: