What fruits do you NEVER eat???

Options
13»

Replies

• MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really don't like apples, I never have. I find them bland, boring and a chore to eat. Strangely I love most other kinds of fruit.....pears, banana's strawberries, melon........just not apples :ohwell:
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I love most all fruit except grapefruit, honey dew melon, and raspberries.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I agree with the grapefruit.. it's def. an acquired taste!

I also don't like melons.. something about the taste just makes me gag. Also banana's.. the texture to me is gross!

I do eat a lot of strawberries, grapes, raspberries, cherry's, watermelon and cuties(they are clementine oranges). I also eat apples sometimes with peanut butter or carmel dip.. Very yummy!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think the only one to stay away from are the cherry bombs my sister in law made by soaking maraschino cherries in Everclear. :laugh:

Edit: And dried apricots. I love the taste. I hate what they do to me!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I avoid raspberries as the pips get stuck in my teeth and I can't eat FRESH peaches as the skins are 'furry'... they seem to make my mouth go funny...its really weird...but canned peaches are fine though.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hahaha Horned Melons (yes there is such a fruit: http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/133/African-Horned-Melon-or-Kiwano) are hilarious but they serve no real purpose...not tasty, kind of soup like, and green)

I love fruits and veggies but I would suggest avoiding this one.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Fruit is amazing. Love nearly all of it and I'm a really, really picky eater.

But fruits that I don't like are:
    Bananas - dislike the texture and they're not refreshing and juicy like other fruits. Plus they're higher in calories etc.
    Avocados - too fatty and greasy.
    Kiwi Fruit - no idea why, they freak me out.
    Grapefruit - sour
    Lemon - sour
    Lime - sour
    Rhubarb - Vomit inducing.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    fruits to stay away from: pineapples, bananas and watermelon as they are loaded with sugar.
    whatever fruits you eat, get them fresh, not canned. if you have to get canned, get the ones in natural fruit juice. frozen is also good alternative to fresh.
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    Somebody said star fruit is bland... HOW DARE YOU!! I was seriously just thinking about how much I'd love to have one.. I used to get them at Winn Dixi, until they closed down several years ago. Not bland at all

I will eat bananas sometimes, but they give me heart burn.

For grapefruits, if you find that they are too sour peel them and remove the "skin" from each slice. You loose a lot of fiber and vitamin C that way but the fruit itself isn't bitter at all.. Personally for me though, if I get grapefruits or oranges I will eat the pith off of the peel. Only leaving the actual rind. The pith is packed in vitamin C, more than the fruit itself has.

With mangoes, I have to peel and slice them.. I have made the mistake of eating them like apples before and the acid made my lips peel like crazy, and it hurt.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Gosh...I LOVE fruit!!

Not too many I don't like...

Let's see...

I could go without pears...not a big fan of those guys...and honestly, blueberries aren't that high on my list...Mangos are a pain in the butt to eat, but I do LOVE them when someone cuts one up for me... :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    bananas - when I was young I loved banana everything (including the yoplait custards), now I hate everything about them. There are better sources for all the nutrients that bananas have to offer anyway.
  • demonsoul
    demonsoul Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dont mess with grapefruits or kiwis. the rest im cool with