Anyone else totally blow it yesterday?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I didn't log everything I ate Sunday cause I was at the lake but I was actually pretty good this weekend and I know I burned a ton of calories! At least now I know the content of lots of foods I eat so I still have a general idea of what I can eat and be ok with if I can't log it...
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Kinda feeling like I should run and hide from this topic...

Not only was I under my calories by 400...

I was under 1200 thanks to healthy choices.
  • Gagsy
    Gagsy Posts: 11
    Options
    Er I had a little sugar crave yesterday. A harsh weekend at work and lack of sleep resulted in me needing choclate and cream. So I had myself two chocolate eclair. I felt horribly guilty afterwards which probably is a good thing for my diet. Though we all need to allow ourselves little hiccups from time to time. Just make sure you make up for it.
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Man I have been having trouble this whole summer!! I am a teacher and this is the first time having 2 months off!! It is killing me!! I am so much better with a schedule!! It doesn't help that a went to visit my family, to a conference, now headed to Mexico for a week, plus all the lazy days in between!!! It sounds easy, That being off you work you think you would focus more, but it is sure harder said than done!! I am just trying to maintain the best I can an not gain more than 5 pounds and then get back to it when back on schedule!! Thank goodness for mfp!! At least it gives me some accountability that without I might have dug myself a deeper hole!! We can all overcome a bad day, a series of bad days, or even a few months of falling off the wagon if we use mfp!!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That is pretty impressive actually, if you are going to go over you might as well go big! I have a theory that the body can only absorb so many calories per day. It is total BS, or maybe not. Either way, a day does not matter just the sum of all days. You will be fine.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yes, I stayed healthy the whole time until I went to the baseball game. I had a 24 oz of beer and junk food. Everything is in moderation right? I never drink or eat a HUGE amount unhealthy stuff but it was a holiday. I went running before I left for the game. I plan on working out today as well.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Didn't totally blow it on the food side (went over 500 calories on Saturday - not a total fail) but I did miss out on my usual weekend exercise. Between parites and travelling, there just wasn't time. Plan on hitting the gym for a nice long workout today!
  • Sandeeday
    Sandeeday Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yup I diddnt go over but did eat allot of junk, and yeah made me feel yucky bloaty and gqssy, and today I feel a touch of heart burn.
    Today is lots of water and trying to get motivated to get my fitness on
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I went so far over I'm ashamed to try to track the calories!

Love this.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I probably did, but I don't log weekends/holidays (I've heard this is bad, but it's a personal decision).

On the POSITIVE side of things: I've never been so proud of my family when it comes comes to food! I indulged in dessert, and allowed myself to dip myv egetables, which probably is what put me over, but almost all of the food offered was GOOD. Raw veggies platters, fresh fruit, grilled tilapia ... even dessert was angel food cake prepared with mandarin oranges and cool whip/crushed pineapple "icing".

A far cry from our typical brats/burgers/marshmallow "fruit" salad/caramel cake/bacon baked beans 4th of July! Go family!
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I was doing so well until the evening when I decided to bake a batch of brownies and have a couple more beers with them. Oh well today is a new day and I am not going to give it all up like I have done in the past.
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    double post
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I did go over some, but didn't totally blow it. Of course, this morning is a different story. :(
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I was over by about 240 because I couldn't resist some chips and dip. Considering I have my weight loss at 2 lbs a week, I'm not too worried about it.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I didn't even count. It was my birthday weekend and 4th of July. x( I am starting over today! Good luck to all!!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It was a great weekend, (for enjoyment,) but a REALLLLY bad weekend, (for calories.) :drinker:

Oh well, I had fun, and I'm back on track today. No harm, no foul.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I blew it all four days.

Today will be better, but still not great because I don't know if I'll get a chance to exercise.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    ... Yeah... I've been pretty bad all weekend though... skipping meals, no drinking enough water, too much sodium, etc etc...
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I toured Dogfish Head Brewery on Saturday THEN went to the boardwalk and indulged in some taffy and custard. BUT, to balance all that we swam in the ocean for over an hour. Probably not balanced, but it was good exercise.

Needless to say, my weekend contained a lot of BEER and some candy.

Overall not bad, as indulgences are okay, but holy wow, I haven't had that much [good] beer in a while. Good thing DFH beer is expensive, otherwise I'd have probably had more to drink. :drinker:
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    I saved all of my calories for dinner - which is not something I would ever normally do - just certain holidays. I dont drink so that wasnt an issue but I did eat two helpings of peach cobbler....