Caloric Intake & Body Fat

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i've stopped cutting and reversing up now. up to 1950ish for a week or two then i'll bump up to maintenance

I updated it in my spread sheet. I hope that goe well. it should definitely help you increase muscle mass. This is about the phase I am at now.I don't care about weight so much but rather cuttting fat with muscle. So my weight has been consistant around 195-197.

BTW, what workout program do you do? Is it a homemade design or off the shelf home workout?

i was doing my own thing for a while, but looking at lyle mcdonalds generic bulking routine or something like this to change things up.

http://www.wannabebig.com/cat/hypertrophy-cluster-training-hct-12/
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am 31
    5'9"
    149lbs
    I've been losing about a pound of a week have a net average of about 2000 calories a day.
    I'd guess my body fat percentage is 25%.... Maybe lower. Maybe I'm not helpful since I don't know it for sure.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am 31
    5'9"
    149lbs
    I've been losing about a pound of a week have a net average of about 2000 calories a day.
    I'd guess my body fat percentage is 25%.... Maybe lower. Maybe I'm not helpful since I don't know it for sure.

Can you use this link to estimate your body fat? So I can be consistant with others.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • psuLemon
    Options
    i've stopped cutting and reversing up now. up to 1950ish for a week or two then i'll bump up to maintenance

I updated it in my spread sheet. I hope that goe well. it should definitely help you increase muscle mass. This is about the phase I am at now.I don't care about weight so much but rather cuttting fat with muscle. So my weight has been consistant around 195-197.

BTW, what workout program do you do? Is it a homemade design or off the shelf home workout?

i was doing my own thing for a while, but looking at lyle mcdonalds generic bulking routine or something like this to change things up.

http://www.wannabebig.com/cat/hypertrophy-cluster-training-hct-12/

Cool, looks rather interesting. Might want to consider P90X (it's on of the programs I have done and love it. It's a great way to build muscle as well. Or you can wait to xmas and look into p90x2. And with the Caloric Surplus, you should be able to add bulk if that is what you are looking for. Just another option. Good luck.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Oh crap. I've been losing a HALF pound a week....
  • Acg67
    Options
    Cool, looks rather interesting. Might want to consider P90X (it's on of the programs I have done and love it. It's a great way to build muscle as well. Or you can wait to xmas and look into p90x2. And with the Caloric Surplus, you should be able to add bulk if that is what you are looking for. Just another option. Good luck.

nah P90x or any of the home workouts never really interested me, i prefer to push heavy weight around. i think P90x is fine for cutting, but not so great if you actually want to pack on lean muscle
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I am 31
    5'9"
    149lbs
    I've been losing about a HALF pound of a week have a net average of about 2000 calories a day.

Can you use this link to estimate your body fat? So I can be consistant with others.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

That says 25.3%.
  • Acg67
    Options
    jeez that link had me at 6.9% bf, still think i'm closer to 10ish then 7-8ish
  • windybaer
    windybaer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    burp
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    still need people?

height: 5'3"
    current weight: 175
    goal weight: 135
    current body fat percentage: 37% (grumble grumble)
    goal body fat percentage: 20%
    daily cals: 1,400 (though I recently dropped that down from 1,500) and I TRY to eat back my calories but sometimes it's too much.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    jeez that link had me at 6.9% bf, still think i'm closer to 10ish then 7-8ish

I wouldn't worry about it, the link tells me I am 18% but that is because I store my fat in my bell and kind have wider hips. I have pretty lean arms, lets and even chest.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    still need people?

height: 5'3"
    current weight: 175
    goal weight: 135
    current body fat percentage: 37% (grumble grumble)
    goal body fat percentage: 20%
    daily cals: 1,400 (though I recently dropped that down from 1,500) and I TRY to eat back my calories but sometimes it's too much.

Thanks.. I always need more people..
  • brooklyn_87
    brooklyn_87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    height: 5'6"
    current weight: 130lbs
    goal weight: 110lbs (ballpark - more concernced with body fat and just overall health/appearance)
    body fat %: approx. 25%
    body fat % goal: 20% (rough estimate)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks.. up to 68 people captured!! Keep it coming! Looking to get 100 people.
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats for you:

Female
    height: 5'6"
    current weight: 145-147 lbs, lost 20 lbs so far, been stuck here for a while
    goal weight: 140-143 lbs
    body fat %: approx. 26% (used two different sites, including US Navy Circumference Method posted earlier)
    base calories = 1550 + I usually eat back most / all exercise calories.

I did several rounds of p90x, and plateaued. Now I focus on cardio and intersperse a few days of weights - a typical week may include:
    - 2 days running on treadmill (both intervals and longer runs.... well.... as long as I can last....),
    - 2 days of p90X plyo, kenpo or core synergistics,
    - one of the upper body workouts from p90x (core has several upper body strength exercises, so I will use that as a "weight day" on occasion.)
    - while the weather is still decent here (middle of nowhere, IL), I'll walk outside in the afternoon, 3.6 miles, maybe 1 or 2 times per week.

I workout 5-6 times per week, and I burn 350-600 cals at a time.

Lots of info, I'm a bit of a talker.....
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I never saw this thread before!

Male
    Current weight: fluctuates greatly b/c of carb manipulation, goes from 182-191, but the average is 187
    Goal weight: Used to be 170, but now I'm not sure. 180 with increased muscle mass is probably more ideal
    BF%: most circumference measurements get me around 16%, but BIA gives me 14%. I'm kinda built like you described yourself psulemon lol. Lower belly fat is pre-dominant but lean-ish chest and VERY lean arms.
    Base Calories: 2500, and I'm sticking to it. Desk job, and I count the calories when I play sports, even though they'd usually have me eye-balled closer to 3500 on active days.

Doing one of Lyle's CKDs (If you don't know what that is, please make sure you are fully informed before attempting anything like it) with fat loss in mind, but I'm getting more of a recomposition effect instead.
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Age 52
    Sex M
    Height 6'0"
    Weight 171
    Body fat (using the 3 point Jackson/Pollock caliper method) 15.5%, the US Navy method shows me at 13.6% body fat but I believe that % is too low.
    Daily calories 1800 (but I don't calorie count using MFP or any other method)
    My goal is 11% body fat at whatever weight that happens to be, probably around 165. I've dropped 25 lbs and over 8% body fat in the last 6 months.
  • pags09
    pags09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sex: F
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight 144
    Body Fat : 26%
    Daily Calories 1200

9657995.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • psuLemon