One Food/Drink you gave up

Options
12346»

Replies

• babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola and Pepsi. I try to drink mostly water, and tea. I do have diet sodas like Coke Zero or Pepsi Max. They don't taste so obviously like diet soda so it helps. Frozen foods for the most part, like Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese. I loved that stuff. lol
  • Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've given up Pepsi. I used to be highly addicted to it (drank at least 5 cans a day). I stopped cold turkey one day and had the worst headaches for a week. Now, if I have a little bit, the addiction just kicks back in and its all I want! So I just avoid it. =D If I'm craving bubbly drinks, I'll have carbonated water.
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Like some of the others I havent told myself certain foods are banned totally - otherwise I'll start craving them and obsessing over them! Plus for me its just not sustainable to ban things for the rest of my life!

Having said that, I have avoided some foods on a general day-to-day basis, either because I know they'll trigger a binge, or just because they arent good choices.

Also, I've just had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones and for the last few months high fat foods would have had me in agony/rushed into hospital.

These are the things I try to avoid most of the time, and then really enjoy them when I'm having a treat!

'Proper' mayo (used to eat soooo much of the stuff!)
    Ice cream
    Cheese
    Butter
    Salami/chorizo
    Takeaway food

Louise x
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Wheat
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've given up ice cream (your typical grocery store freezer variety or ice cream parlor scoops). However I still eat frozen yogurt and Skinny Cow type ice creams. But the ones at the grocery store are just pure evil to me. I can never stick to just one serving, so I gave them up, and really don't feel like I'm missing anything!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    most grains and grain by products...
    I used to have an alcoholic beverage each night, my "unwind" drink - but also gave that up and allow only on weekends.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    French fries, fried chicken and pizza (unless it's Lean Cuisine pizza). :smile:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    We used to have a lot of supermarket bought pizzas and garlic bread (maybe once a week) as it was my 'night off cooking' meal.

I've done this for dinner about twice since I signed up here in Feb
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Milk.

I used to drink it like water, now I drink water instead.

Also those small microwave pizzas, I don't eat them anymore.
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    Pork and Beef.
    Penny candies.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Drink: Everything but water. I've been drinking very little but water for probably the last two years (even before I started fitnesspal or even started working hard to lose weight). So, I've given up basically everything else that I rarely (maybe once or twice a week) would drink. Water is all I drink except maybe... once or twice a month I'll have a hot tea with breakfast or a diet sprite with dinner.

I use to before all of that have a BIG addiction to sweet ice tea (southern girl here).

Food: Egg yolks, Non-whole grains, & pork and red-meat.
  • bob_t
    bob_t Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree with the "all things in moderation" philosophy. I haven't totally given up anything, although I've had to cut back on a lot of the microbrew beers that I've grown to love. Many have over 300 calories. I never thought I'd become a lite beer guy...but it's worth it.
  • camille97
    camille97 Posts: 91
    Options
    Luckily, I've never been completely dependent on one food, so for me, I've given up on eating any size portion I want, because that was my biggest issue. I have given up on ignoring the nutrition labels, as well as eating between meals except for when my body tells me I need food.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Meat. I stil partake of a little fish but all other animals flesh is gone.