PIZZA ADDICT....Y'ALL FEEL ME???

Options

Replies

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    God yes! Any pizza. Thick, thin. Homemade, frozen, local place, Pizza Hut. Veggies, plain-even vegan pizza is good. I just love pizza!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza yesterday. Chicken with white garlic sauce. I just don't eat the whole thing. I have pizza every other week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hewettlo
    hewettlo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in italy....it's torture. :(
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I :heart: pizza. I make flatbread pizzas. I use either flatout bread or a low carb, 71 calorie tortilla, 1/4 c. sauce, 1 oz. of mozzarella, and veggies. :) Under 300 calories and pure YUM!
    So I'll be the bad guy and just say that's not a pizza. It's kinda like calling "turkey" bacon.............bacon. It's a great substitute if you're trying to eat low calorie, but it's not pizza.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Pizza 2x a week here. I however, am a vegetarian, so that's my excuse.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I hate pizza. Yay me.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    suzooz wrote: »
    I moved back to Chicago because of it! LOL

Have you tried the Cauliflower Pizza Crust? It's actually pretty good!
    That's NOT pizza.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    santaet08 wrote: »
    I once buttered pizza. It was hands-down one of the best and worst decisions I'd ever made to date.

Why

Why did you bring this back

I get it when the original thread contains specific information that is pertinent to your medical situation or something, but why this
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Luvv pizza! I used to enjoy Freschetta frozen pizzas until i found out the ingredient "L-cysteine" is duck feathers or human hair. Wtf. No joke. Silver lining: Makes it easier to not buy!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Pizza is definitely it's own food group. I will always love it. Having said that, I've learned during this process to add more veggies to it and less of the fatty stuff. I also will buy a small pizza, eat 2 pieces and portion out the rest and freeze it. It freezes well in the freezer for a couple of months and you just take it out, throw it on a cookie sheet, heat it up and if you do it at 375, you have the same texture on the crust and toppings as when it was delivered. Saves money too.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    booboo68 wrote: »
    Pizza is definitely it's own food group. I will always love it. Having said that, I've learned during this process to add more veggies to it and less of the fatty stuff. I also will buy a small pizza, eat 2 pieces and portion out the rest and freeze it. It freezes well in the freezer for a couple of months and you just take it out, throw it on a cookie sheet, heat it up and if you do it at 375, you have the same texture on the crust and toppings as when it was delivered. Saves money too.

I do this as well. Especially if the pizza is on special. I buy a large or extra large, take what I want and maybe an extra piece or two for the next day. Then freeze the rest! I do it mostly so I don't eat the rest for every meal until it's gone :-)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I make "pizza salads", loaded with olives, onions, peppers. It is not the same. But helps.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    We make pita pizzas all the time - broil one side of the pita (can get any variety you want depending on your calorie goals), turn over, top with sauce and toppings, cheese (Cabot 75% reduced fat is good on this) and broil until cheese is melted. Takes 10 minutes and the crust comes out so crispy.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'm not addicted to pizza. However I usually do have a white Gluten free veggie pizza once or twice a month. I just had one this afternoon after a heavy lift session at the gym.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of a Mediterranean pizza tonight. Meatballs, feta cheese, red onion and kalamata olives on a thin pizza oven baked crust, it was so yummy.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yep. I eat it almost every weekend. I look forward to my Sat or Sun pizza and frozen treat.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    If I could live on pizza and ice cream every day without gaining weight, I totally would!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's kinda like calling "turkey" bacon.............bacon.

Whoa, whoa....I love my turkey bacon. Easy now. ;)

• m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    YES I FEEL YOU!!