1 gallon of water in a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    FWIW I had a doctor tell me that the 8 glasses a day is not enough. He said to take your weight and divide it in half. This is the number of ounces of water you should drink every day. So if you weigh 200 pounds you should drink 100 ounces (more than 12 cups a day).

This ^^ from doc and trainer. I drink atleast 3 - 44oz cups a day at work and still drink more at my workout and when i get home.

I pee alot but it is good for you!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I think a gallon of water a day is not good -- especially if you're not sweating it off. I don't understand how people manage that much water. It would consume your day just drinking water.
    I drink more than a gallon a day and I manage just fine!

Agreed. I have a 32oz water bottle that I drink in a 5-10 minute span, and only drinking 4 bottles hits a gallon. I mean, if you don't feel like you need that much then by all means, don't! But 20-40 minutes out of my day sipping water while I do other things isn't hard to manage at all.

No one can take my water from me, no one!:noway: :grumble: :laugh:
    I do the same thing you do, 32 oz bottles and doesn't feel like you're taking much time out of the day for that. A gallon of water really isn't that much when you think about it.:drinker: I :love: my water! Definitely has a positive effect on my body and mind.

Did I read someone above say to take in that much water it's all you'd be doing in a the day? It doesn't work that way for me.
    Eeeeeverybody is different. While some don't drink more than 4 oz a day and I have no idea how their bodies can function properly, others can drink 2 gallons a day.

My suggestion is, drink as much water as your body ask you for. If you're thirsty, drink it! Imagine if I were to based my water intake on how much water others drink, like my mom for instance. I would probably have died of dehydration.
    I think this is the best reply yet to cover the ground in regards to water drinking. It's making me thirsty thinking of not having a bottle of water next to me... Off to fill my bottle up...

I think sometimes we try and find the right way and the wrong way to do things when really some things are simply what our own body needs not what someone else does. :flowerforyou:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    there is no harmful amount of water as long as its not at once.. I used to drink a gallon a day. To flush your toxins out, I shoot for an oz./lb. of body weight so if you weigh 120lbs, id shoot for 120 oz

Wrong........google hyponatremia.....
    flush toxins out
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I don't follow rules. I just drink when I'm thirsty.
    then you should try drinking more :--) once you start to feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated.

Trust your thirst......much of the so-called research done on hydration is paid for by companies that make sports drinks and sell bottled water etc..
    What Brian said, all of it. There is nothing wrong in feeling thirst, it is bad only when you don't act upon its message.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    i typically drink a gallon a day.

i pee a lot, but thats ok...i like peeing.
    Liar... it's the shaking afterwards you like.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I went for a hefty hike this morning and bought a Crystal Geyser 1 gallon jug of water.
    I just read online that it's about 16 8oz servings.....
    Once again the Internet proves 4th grade was just a waste of time.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

i shake until that last bit of thick white pee comes out.
    that's correct, is it not?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

i shake until that last bit of thick white pee comes out.
    that's correct, is it not?
    I wouldn't know, I usually don't look into the seat. This is kind of news though and interesting.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Drinking more than 2 quarts of water each day can be a good thing. I live in a hot, very humid client where you sweat a lot. I often consume more than a gallon of water daily. It really helps. Some Drs. recommend much more water than the 2 quarts you were asking about.
  • lavida52
    Options
    See link below. This lady drinks almost a gal/day. I'm on day 2, and have no problem drinking that much. I drink only spring water. I am used to drinking a lot of liquid - water, cranberry water, juice vegetables/fruit.

http://www.fhfn.org/woman-drinks-almost-a-gallon-of-water-every-day-and-the-final-picture-results-are-shocking/