Just got a rude comment on the street : (

Options

Replies

• jeneanebeggs
    Options
    I know that comments like that can take the wind out of you but lets look at the fact that you were out walking which is great. I wish you all the best in your goal to loose weight and know that you can do it. Do not let people with their rude comments bring you down.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    There is also the classic comeback...nevermind. Revenge is mine sayeth the Lord.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    mean people suck!!!! pay him no mind.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    "walk softly and carry a big stick" so that if he says it again you can accidentally jam it in his spokes...

what a jerk
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't let this get you down. Let this be your motivation. I know it hurts. I've had kids stare, point, laugh and make jokes while out doing my workouts. The tears want to stream down my face but I make that my motivation. It makes me walk faster, harder, longer than I did when they first saw me. You can do this, overcome and make that your fire!!!
  • kmanda
    kmanda Posts: 7
    Options
    You're not big!! Maybe he does have a mental illness or is just a typical rude jerk. Either way, please don't let him bring you down!! People who find it necessary to make unwarranted comments like that are usually very insecure..
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I would have pushed him off his bike lol but thats just me. I get nervous when I see fit people around when Im working out because I feel like they are going to judge me.... but you have to ignore it. You can't let what other people say determine how you feel or what you do. My grandmother always used to tell me "who makes tori happy??" (tori is me lol) and I would have to say I make me happy because I am in control of my feelings, sure other people says ****ty things but I control how I react to them.... and if you get a rude or pissy person.... KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS!!!! Hope you feel better :)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't let this get you down. Let this be your motivation. I know it hurts. I've had kids stare, point, laugh and make jokes while out doing my workouts. The tears want to stream down my face but I make that my motivation. It makes me walk faster, harder, longer than I did when they first saw me. You can do this, overcome and make that your fire!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    *hugs* It happens. You just have to shrug it off and move on. Remember, you won't be "big girl" forever! :smile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I would have yelled "F%#^ you" :/
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Assuming no witness I would have seriously kicked his bike over and ran.

Who are the police gonna believe, some crazy old kook or some sweet innocent young lady?
  • jrolfes
    jrolfes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what a complete and total idiot! People who say things like that have more problems that we know. Feel sorry for him. Dumba**.
  • risaiz
    risaiz Posts: 47
    Options
    Ugh! What a complete jerk! I don't understand people and their actions. How can people be that rude and go on merrily with their day?

I was given advice by a very wise person when I was having an off day. She told me to not take offense to things. I asked her how is it that I can accomplish that. She told me: "to take offense means that the other person's opinion matters than my own opinion and that should NEVER be the case."

His opinion or remark should be like a cloud that floats away and never touches you. Let those words blow away. You know your path and goals and that remark does not apply here. He's a jerk and if someone's a jerk that automatically counts as an unimportant opinion.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    hey i've just seen this. I hope you're feeling ok now and have totally disregarded his comment. I'm not sure what your heritage is as you have no picture, but in some countries that's seen as a complimant. Maybe just maybe that's how he meant it???
    I used to get called thunder thighs alot and when I was younger it seemed a bad thing, but now I love having big strong legs. take it with a pinch of salt girl, he doesn't know you or your struggle. move on from it and just focus on your own personal goal

Thats funny that you said that about some countries lol My favorite movie is Monique's "Phat Girls" and the guy she falls for is a hottie Nigerian man (I mean smokin hott lol) and he says that the size of a woman in Nigeria shows how "rich" she is :) If this is true I must be a frikkin billionaire!!!! I think I need to watch that movie now lol
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What a jerk! Hopefully, he will fall off of his bike. hehehe
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You are doing great..... I wouldnt let a jerk like that get to you. Usually people like that have to put someone down in order to make themselves feel good. I would have released my dog on him after I pushed him off his bike..... Mentally stable or not that would've taught him. :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*! You don't deserve that. I'd throw a stick in the spokes of his wheels next time lol :p

:laugh: My sentiments exactly!
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Wow, some people never cease to amaze me!
    What a jerk..how would he like to be called a retard? :mad:

I hated even saying that but that is the rudest thing someone can do to
    someone out obviously trying to better their health and physique!!!
    JEEEEEEEEEEEERK!!!!!!! :laugh:

Keep your head held high, you are awesome and he isn't!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I totally agree that no one should be called anything derogatory and with total disregard. This being said, I understand where the above person is coming from, but please don't use the "r" word. This has been taken totally out of context in today's society and used for stupid, dumb, etc. My daughter is handicapped, but she is neither stupid or dumb. She is very smart, even though she was brain-injured at birth. Thank you.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Wow.....that is rude......wonder if he's ever heard of a bell.....you know the kind you buy to go on your bike to warn people you are coming?

I would have been livid!
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just a note, we lived in an Asian culture for 5 yrs and they thought nothing of calling my hubby and I big boy and big girl. In asian culture big people are "rich and successful". They consider it a compliment. So we can't let other people's perceptions of us rule our minds and hearts. We must decide who we are and how we will receive love and respect from those around us. If we let comments ruin our days we are doomed to living our lives by the values of others. We get to decide who we are and what our value is. Hope you find a way to let his comment steer you to a better self-worth and loving your self more and more!