Just got a rude comment on the street : (

Options

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I was just out walking my dog, and some older guy came up behind me riding his bike. I think he was trying to warn me that he was there, but his method for doing so was to say, "Watch out, big girl!" I have actually seen this guy around before, and I think he might have some sort of mental illness, but, nonetheless, this made me want to cry. So I thought I'd come and post here for moral support. Thanks for listening.

shouold of answered "you becareful to old geezer
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    if it was me id would have shouted shomething back for example
    im doing somethng about my weight shame you cant do anything about ( then use ur imagination )
    xxxx
  • trp1978
    trp1978 Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow - thank you all so much! I posted my comment, packed up my computer, and walked to a local coffee shop to work on some stuff, and just in that time, I've gotten all of this wonderful support! You've really brightened my day!
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    What a *kitten*...

I would've said "F U *kitten*..." I can always lose weight but there is no cure for ugly and stupid!!! Now go take a long bike ride off a short pier and get the hell outta my way.... "
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    (((hugs)))
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I was just out walking my dog, and some older guy came up behind me riding his bike. I think he was trying to warn me that he was there, but his method for doing so was to say, "Watch out, big girl!" I have actually seen this guy around before, and I think he might have some sort of mental illness, but, nonetheless, this made me want to cry. So I thought I'd come and post here for moral support. Thanks for listening.

He's a douche. Water off a ducks back, he doesn't matter. People don't understand the power of words, but the good thing about them is that they only have the power you allow them to have. hugs honey.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You just needed to respond similarly idiotic - like, "Thanks for warning me, skinny, rude bicycle dude!"
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    At least it was just a random stranger. When I was in 8th grade, my grandmother got remarried and, trying to be nice, I said "your dress is really pretty". She responded with "yeah, maybe if you lose a hundred pounds you can wear it one day". Keep in mind I was 14 years old and if I had lost a hundred pounds, I would have weighed somewhere around 50 pounds. A few years ago I saw her again and she made a comment behind my back (which I was in earshot of) about "look how fat she is". I turned around and said "I can lose weight, but you can't anti-age". Since then, I've lost almost 60 pounds, but she's still getting older.
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Big girl ... Rude boy. Who do I think less of? 100% rude boy!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's on occasions like this the court of law allows you to punch somebody. Fact!
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ugh! What a complete jerk! I don't understand people and their actions. How can people be that rude and go on merrily with their day?

I was given advice by a very wise person when I was having an off day. She told me to not take offense to things. I asked her how is it that I can accomplish that. She told me: "to take offense means that the other person's opinion matters than my own opinion and that should NEVER be the case."

His opinion or remark should be like a cloud that floats away and never touches you. Let those words blow away. You know your path and goals and that remark does not apply here. He's a jerk and if someone's a jerk that automatically counts as an unimportant opinion.

Good advice for all of us.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Wow, I'm very sorry to hear someone, mentally ill or not, would say something so cruel. Try not to let it get you down any longer. He's a jerk and doesn't deserve your mental energy! Carry on beautiful woman!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Maybe he said "bee girl". Maybe you reminded him of the girl from the No Rain video by Blind Melon.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    It's on occasions like this the court of law allows you to punch somebody. Fact!

^
    LOVE this!!!!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Maybe he said "bee girl". Maybe you reminded him of the girl from the No Rain video by Blind Melon.

HAHAAAHH I <3 you Heather!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    At least it was just a random stranger. When I was in 8th grade, my grandmother got remarried and, trying to be nice, I said "your dress is really pretty". She responded with "yeah, maybe if you lose a hundred pounds you can wear it one day". Keep in mind I was 14 years old and if I had lost a hundred pounds, I would have weighed somewhere around 50 pounds. A few years ago I saw her again and she made a comment behind my back (which I was in earshot of) about "look how fat she is". I turned around and said "I can lose weight, but you can't anti-age". Since then, I've lost almost 60 pounds, but she's still getting older.

LOLLLL I love this XD
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How'd that saying go? "I may be fat but you're ugly and I can lose weight." Just remember you're losing weight but he'll probably be stuck with that illness and personality problem for the rest of his life.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    People are nuts..... I was in TJ Maxx once and picked up a orange sherbert colored zipper hoodie and matching pants. An eastern European lady with a thick accent said to me..... "big people shouldn't wear bright colors"....... I said to her "Oooo darling... I hope this is a language barrier thing and you were just trying to say tall people!"...... WTF? Seriously?? So shake it off, I laughed at her, he is an insensitive clown.
  • rachel_96
    rachel_96 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just ignore *kitten* like him!