What about Speedos

Options

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    What about jammers? I wear those every week when I'm training. Do those count?
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No way! Volcom or Hurly boardshorts are way hotter. The Canadians come to the beaches where I live (in the US) and it is not a pretty sight. Granted, the ones I have seen are hairy and not in shape, but I still am not feeling them.
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    HealthIsMyHobby Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's a tie 11 for and 11 against. 6 females and 5 males in favor. 8 females and 3 males against. wonder what the other 200 viewers think.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've yet to see any man alive that looks good in a speedo. Sorry, that's just not my cup of tea. :sick:
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Bermuda. I wore Bermuda shorts to the office and a Speedo at the beach.

Here in the US, people think about beach attire differently because we think about bodies differently. At our core, we are a conservative nation compared to most Western countries.

For me, I wear running shorts from Dolfin and I wear a short bathing suit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047E7756

Speed at the beach? Not quite yet.

For folks who find Speedos on men discomforting perhaps, instead of suffering in silence, you could discuss your discomfort with that individual. :-)
  • Casey9968
    Casey9968 Posts: 17
    Options
    unfortunately only a select few could pull it off....i'm sorry the rest of guys ruined it for you but i'd have to say no i do not find it attractive.
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    I'll have to join the ranks of No speedos please. First of all, I think things left to the imagination are much more inticing. I don't care how well built or (not so well built) you are. Speedos do one of two things for me:
    1) Make me laugh
    2) Make me hurl

Just my humble opinion
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Mine are neon green with black racing stripes.

LMAO! Get ittttttt!
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    And a stomach that looks 7 months pregnant or a large muffin top sagging over the waist band of knee length board shorts makes you ?? :wink:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Nooooo. haha
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm all for hotties in Speedos.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A well fitting speedo just puts the exclamation point at the bottom of the perfect swimmers triangle - wide shoulders, broad chest all tapering down to a tight little butt. As a former competitive water polo player, put down on the side of 'hell yeah' to speedos on men who should be wearing them!!
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    Nooooo. haha

Whyyyyy Nooooooot? :happy:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Well I still like mine, and I just ordered a new pair of bright yellow speedos from eBay.. so poo on you speedo haters!! Lol!!
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    A well fitting speedo just puts the exclamation point at the bottom of the perfect swimmers triangle - wide shoulders, broad chest all tapering down to a tight little butt. As a former competitive water polo player, put down on the side of 'hell yeah' to speedos on men who should be wearing them!!

Glad you see it that way. Hopefully the pendulum will be swining back now that board shorts have gone below the knee. For me it's about diversity and freedom of choice.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    If youve got the body to pull it off - then why not! But I agree.... its everyone else that doesnt that ruins it.
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    If youve got the body to pull it off - then why not! But I agree.... its everyone else that doesnt that ruins it.

For those who "should not" encourage them to lose the weight, get fit, and enjoy all the benefits of looking AND feeling healthy.

For those who can "pull it off" (no pun intneded) rock the speedo.
    Make Speedos and fitness more common and popular.
    Imagine a beach full of fit healthy women in bikinis and guys in speedos.
    It could start to reverse the American obesity epidemic.
    Pictures of Michell and Barack Obama wearing Speedo in People Magazine could do more to improve the national waist line (or waste line) than the Whitehouse vegetable garden.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    unfortunately only a select few could pull it off....i'm sorry the rest of guys ruined it for you but i'd have to say no i do not find it attractive.

Yes I agree 100% I have speedo trauma and cannot handle seeing another one!
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    Looking at sites and message boards around the net, it's about 50/50. Even most of those against seem to have a to each his/her own attitude. Small vocal minority are strongly opposed there were not any real haters out there.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    speedo=ick
    on ANYone