What about Speedos

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    I love to see the outline of a guys package, but I am afriad I am not a fan of budgie smugglers. I think it is because my Dad wears them lol
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    If you look like this..... go for it....
    michaelphelpspicture1.jpg

but if you look like this.... um.... no.... please do it for humanity

funny-beach-photos-granny-speedos.jpg
  • RachelH25
    RachelH25 Posts: 108
    It takes guts to rock a speedo! I have no problem with a hot guy in bearly nothing! :)
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    My boys are competitive swimmers. For swimming laps I say go for it.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    I tried one one time, didn't seem right. That was back im my college days when I was a wrestler and in really good shape. I just felt like I wasn't wrapping my package well enough to not give away the surprise.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    I will spare the world the sight of me in a grape smuggler.

Grape smuggler... LOVE IT!!

No to the speedo, but only because I don't want my 8 and 11 year olds looking at your grapes
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I guess I'm kind of in between. I prefer this:

:wink: 81TEB04JnBL_SL1500_.jpg

*if you're in shape
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    The only problem i have is 90 year olds wearing speedos walking around flirting with 20 year old girls..yes they DO do that!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    ummmm no.

kapeluza- that is hysterical.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    On swimmers and wrestlers while swimming and wrestling... sure.

On normal folks doing normal activities... nah.

I have a very vivid imagination. Let me use it.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Personally, I just don't see myself ever wearing the classic speedo, no matter how buff I may or may not eventually get. Not enough built in safety factor with them :D

I don't care if other guys wear them, I'm not looking at them anyway ;)
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    HealthIsMyHobby Posts: 85 Member
    LorinaLynn: Congrats on reaching your goal weight. Keep healthy and strong. Consider more acceptance of Speedos. :smile:
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    hewoiscd: Congrats on reaching your goal weight. Go for below the mid point on your BMI range. The BMI range reflects the statistical average, but what's normal might not yet be healthy. Regards. Aske friends and family about Speedos you might be surprised.
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Still about 50-50. Actually 20 in favvor or accepting, and 24 not in favor or against. 856 views total. Wonder what all the others are thinking. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    When many women lose weight and get fit they celebrate being able to show it off in a bikini. If guys put in the effort to get to a healthy weight and exercise to get toned, shouldn't they also be allowed to show it off?

Speedos are practical for (you guessed it) swimming, comfortable, dry fast, and leave a nice tan line. The knock on them for being unsightly (esp. on fat hairy guys) or gay is bogus. Fat hairy people are unhealthy and unpleasant to look at in Speedos OR shorts. Flat fit abs are hot in Speedos AND shorts. They are popular among gay guys, but plenty of straight guys also like them. Some women/girls don't like to see the outline of a guys package, but some dig it. So, I say live and let live; look or look away; to each his/her own.

Reactions (esp. encouragements) appreciated.
    Only if I'm in competition shape. Other than that, shorts.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    As a lifeguard of 12 years.... I tell people "I don't want to go to the pool! I look horrible!"

Truthfully, we don't care what you look like. Honestly, I'm not paying any attention to you until you start drowning. Orrrrrrr swimming really really bad. Then you just open yourself up for a can of worms.
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    I guess I'm kind of in between. I prefer this:

:wink: 81TEB04JnBL_SL1500_.jpg

*if you're in shape

How did you insert the picture?
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Just returned from 4 days on the beach in the panhandle of north west Florida (locally referred to as "Lower Alabama"). - possibly the most conservative places in the country.While most men and boys were in knee length board shorts, there was myself, one other guy, and his teenage son in Speedo's. I walked the beach and got pleasant nods and friendly "Hellos" - absolutely no negative comments. One lady asked where I got "all those muscles." I said running pushups and situps. Her portly husband said "and no food." :glasses:
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    If wearing a speedo on the Florida panhandle does not get negative attention, then that settles it. Speedos are acceptable anywhere any time on any body. Wear whatever you'd like. It's no longer an issue. :happy:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    No way! Volcom or Hurly boardshorts are way hotter. The Canadians come to the beaches where I live (in the US) and it is not a pretty sight. Granted, the ones I have seen are hairy and not in shape, but I still am not feeling them.

I totally agree with you on the board shorts! Sexy!

I live 1/4 mile from the beach and most of the men I see in Speedos are 50+, obese, and more hairy than your average brown bear. Overall I'm not a fan of "bulges" and would much rather see a fit guy in a pair of low riding board shorts.
This discussion has been closed.