Sweets

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Must...be....strong....husband bought ALMOND JOYS! Jerk. How's everyone doing?

LOL-- I'm getting a mental picture of Captain Kirk-- "must....be....strong..." I'm definitely sleep deprived.

Hubby returned from weekend trip with Little Debbie Blueberry Muffins. I thought real hard about having one as my "breakfast"-- not really a sweet-- but, it was still too close-- so I had bran flakes.

I am woman. :angry:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    *gag* Bran flakes!? Bran flakes?! Marla! This is a "no sweet" challenge, you shouldn't feel like you need to PUNISH yourself! LOL I am proud of you, though...I would have counted it as a fruit. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    *gag* Bran flakes!? Bran flakes?! Marla! This is a "no sweet" challenge, you shouldn't feel like you need to PUNISH yourself! LOL I am proud of you, though...I would have counted it as a fruit. :bigsmile:

A fruit-- **chuckling** too funny.

Believe it or not, I LOVE bran flakes. I splurged on lunch and had I think what added up to an 800 or so calorie "shrimp with lobster sauce and pork fried rice" lunch-- hubby and I had date at lunch time. He hadn't been home since Thursday night-- so we had a date. No dinner tonight-- or lots of exercise-- one or the other.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Completed "Homeschool Ponies" with my 3 little girls today-- 11, 9 and 6. Cutest "U.S. History/Social Studies/Civics Program" I found. Tonight we ironed on their appliques for their "uniform" shirts, and they'll earn badges each week-- this is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I told them we'd have our meetings every Tuesday evening, and we'll iron their badges on. I also told them, stupid me, that part of our meeting shall be to have a snack. So, they baked-- again-- the loveliest "chocolate snack cake" from scratch (we didn't have eggs, and this recipe doesn't call for them-- ) I also saw some mini-cupcakes from the bakery at the store on sale 1/2 price since they were day old, so picked them up. Chocolate to the left of me-- chocolate to the right of me.

I stayed strong-- yay me. Although, I had just ingested a 1,200 calorie meal, I do believe, from Applebee's moments earlier and had no time to exercise. (because I was having this time with my girls-- )

So-- yapping away-- tomorrow must exercise, but three cheers for no sweets again-- hip hip hooray!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    That sounds adorable, Marla! I don't know if I have it in me to homeschool. I think my oldest would be better in a school b/c he disagrees with EVERYTHING I say. He asks me what color the sky is, I tell him blue, he tells me nope it is purple. Then, after arguing about it, I say give in & agree that it is purple...then he decides it must be blue. Whatever. The 2 of us are too similar in personalities. LOL

The Halloween candy is taunting me from the top of the fridge. I need Friday to get here! Our anniversary is Sat. & we're going out by ourselves!!! My husband & I haven't been out of the house by ourselves since my birthday in July to a baseball game. Depending on where we go for dinner, I may have a hard time sticking to this. Chocolate cake at a restaurant that I don't have to share with any children is mighty, mighty tempting. :bigsmile: We'll see. I'm losing weight at a pretty good pace recently so that could be my inspiration for passing on the yummy, yummy dessert. It's all in the mind set, right?!
  • Marla64
    Options
    That sounds adorable, Marla! I don't know if I have it in me to homeschool. I think my oldest would be better in a school b/c he disagrees with EVERYTHING I say. He asks me what color the sky is, I tell him blue, he tells me nope it is purple. Then, after arguing about it, I say give in & agree that it is purple...then he decides it must be blue. Whatever. The 2 of us are too similar in personalities. LOL

The Halloween candy is taunting me from the top of the fridge. I need Friday to get here! Our anniversary is Sat. & we're going out by ourselves!!! My husband & I haven't been out of the house by ourselves since my birthday in July to a baseball game. Depending on where we go for dinner, I may have a hard time sticking to this. Chocolate cake at a restaurant that I don't have to share with any children is mighty, mighty tempting. :bigsmile: We'll see. I'm losing weight at a pretty good pace recently so that could be my inspiration for passing on the yummy, yummy dessert. It's all in the mind set, right?!
    Believe me-- in 14 years of homeschooling, this is the first time I've ever done anything this cute with my kids. I always have great intentions, but then life knocks me flat and we limp home every year-- still, the kids always test great on the standardized stuff-- so, it's working. I've never had the time to be the "cool" Mom who does all this fun stuff and/or goes fun "homeschooly" places.

Well, try and stay true on Saturday to your challenge-- if you indulge, you indulge-- special occasion and all that jazz.

I haven't lost a pound since early October and am ready to shoot somebody. My hormones are so whacky I'm all over the globe. I usually gain 5-8 pounds pre-TOM, and am encouraged because the other day I got on the scale and was only up 2-- so I'm hoping against hope that when all this water and crapola is gone, I'll realize a net loss and get below the 28 pound mark. I'm itching to say "I've lost 30 pounds!" I checked yesterday and have only gone over my calories once this past 7 days-- heck, 14 days-- and I'm exercising at least 3-4 days per week. So, I'm hanging in and not losing track. But, boy does this get old.:grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Come on ladies-- where are you? I need to be regaled with stories of sweet temptations resisted!!!

Hey-- does a jawbreaker count as a sweet? Well, not really in my book. My daughter put quarters in the "gumball machine," and doled out gumballs yesterday at the store, only to learn that they were jawbreakers with "sweetart" stuff inside.

It was a "sweet," but not an intentionally ingested sweet-- and not at all emotionally satisfying. no.gif

How are you all doing? I'm down 2 pounds finally-- !!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    WTG, Marla! 30#! WOO HOO! Half way there, lady! You can do it! Love the new pic, too!

I'm not sure about the jawbreaker, but I know the mini kit kat I ate is. :blushing: My son wanted one SO badly that i gave it to him. He took one bite & gave it back to me. I couldn't just throw it away! What kid doesn't like a kit kat, anyways!? GEEZE! Bad, mommy, bad!

I fell off the wagon, but I'm back on for good! Trick or treating or no trick or treating tomorrow, I will not touch their candy!
  • Marla64
    Options
    WTG, Marla! 30#! WOO HOO! Half way there, lady! You can do it! Love the new pic, too!

I'm not sure about the jawbreaker, but I know the mini kit kat I ate is. :blushing: My son wanted one SO badly that i gave it to him. He took one bite & gave it back to me. I couldn't just throw it away! What kid doesn't like a kit kat, anyways!? GEEZE! Bad, mommy, bad!

I fell off the wagon, but I'm back on for good! Trick or treating or no trick or treating tomorrow, I will not touch their candy!

Who throws away chocolate? That would be a toughie, too--
    (Throw it out-- EAT IT!!!!!! Throw it out-- EAT IT!!!!!!!!!
    121.gif
  • Marla64
    Options
    bump.gif

C'mon ladies-- hang tough today-- no sweets until Thanksgiving!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I don't know whether to curse whoever started this thread, or kiss them!!

I stayed strong today-- not one bite of candy. #$@! :wink:

I'll be better for it in the long run. But, boy, those Reese's et al looked yummy. :cry:
  • Marla64
    Options
    The silence in this thread is deafening-- hello out there?

How did we all manage Halloween? Come on ladies!!

I'm getting worried there's going to be some chocolate covered fingers typing some guilty admissions pretty soon-- where is everyone???
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My emotions got the best of me & I ate a (couple) mini snickers last night. It was our anniversary & we went out without the kids for the first time since July. We were told a 45 min. wait, it ended up being a 90 min. wait. It was like kiddy land at the restaurant we went to (which it hasn't been in the past) & the little girl behind me kept hitting me with her chair AND i got hit in the head by a waitress about 5 times. DH came down was a really bad ear ache half way through dinner & we had to go home. I save SO many calories to pig out last night (bad, I know) and I only got to eat 1/4 of my dinner. We walk in the door & my DD is screaming her bloody head off. So, my dh went straight to bed, I sat on the couch & watched tv with my chocolate bar to console me...while nursing a very angry baby. :blushing: Not my best moment, but there's my admission. I'm not doing very good with this challenge, am I?! :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Options
    My emotions got the best of me & I ate a (couple) mini snickers last night. It was our anniversary & we went out without the kids for the first time since July. We were told a 45 min. wait, it ended up being a 90 min. wait. It was like kiddy land at the restaurant we went to (which it hasn't been in the past) & the little girl behind me kept hitting me with her chair AND i got hit in the head by a waitress about 5 times. DH came down was a really bad ear ache half way through dinner & we had to go home. I save SO many calories to pig out last night (bad, I know) and I only got to eat 1/4 of my dinner. We walk in the door & my DD is screaming her bloody head off. So, my dh went straight to bed, I sat on the couch & watched tv with my chocolate bar to console me...while nursing a very angry baby. :blushing: Not my best moment, but there's my admission. I'm not doing very good with this challenge, am I?! :tongue:

Gee-- that sounds like one of MY anniversaries. :wink: Actually, I'm rather impressed you're not STILL eating mini-Snickers after that. :bigsmile:

And you're doing fine with the challenge-- the awareness of it is still slowing you down, no? Get back on that horse, Sara-- back on the horse. :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thanks, Marla. It is true. The "not on a challenge" me would have polished off the entire candy bowl last night. LOL I'm back on the horse! Giddy up! :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks, Marla. It is true. The "not on a challenge" me would have polished off the entire candy bowl last night. LOL I'm back on the horse! Giddy up! :bigsmile:

Me too-- and the chocolate chip cookies, and the strawberry cream cake-- oh my-- wouldn't have been pretty. As it is, I'm bloated beyond recognition today from the salty peanuts and popcorn I had in its place yesterday. I'm heading to "step aerobicize-- " have a great night.

Won't be checking in in the morning-- Caleb is having a re-circumcision-- lovely, eh? First doctor left "redundant, retractile" skin aka she botched it, but these crappy doctors are like police officers-- they cover for one another. So, my poor baby has to undergo another one of these procedures, or face like like the Elephant Man from the waist down. My little girls are asking, "Mommy, why does it matter? Nobody sees it." Kinda hard to explain to a 6 year old that it will be seen by some special someone some day-- know what I mean? Yeesh.

Have a great day one and all-- be tough. NO SWEETS UNTIL THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, Marla! My little boy had to have that done about a year ago. I'll shoot you a PM about it. The good thing is, it heals REALLY fast! Good luck & I'll say a prayer!
  • Marla64
    Options
    How are we doing? I still haven't had a bite-- you all hanging in??
  • Marla64
    Options
    Bump-- hello out there? How are we doing?

No sweets til Thanksgiving!!!

Be strong!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Let's just say, I'm not as strong as you. I'm doing well, but not 100%.