tats/ ladies only

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I would like to see your tattoos! I am thinking about getting one but sometimes think they don't look very feminine! Please change my mind I would really like to get one but need some further convincing!

If you need convincing then don't do it. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this works! I have 8 tattoos all together. But the ones on my back I'm currently working on combining them together. Tattoos are beautiful as long as you put the time and effot into picking out a good design, and finding a good artist. Try to find someone who's been recommended to you, instead of just picking a random shop. Research lots of pics to find things similar to what you want and show them to the artist. Never settle. Don't let an artist boss you around. They do know what they're doing, but ultimately it's going on your body and it should look exactly how YOU want it to look! Good luck! Here are my tattoos:)

Pup_tattoo-1.jpg
    Tattoo for my dog that died

cherry_blossoms_large.jpg
    Cherry blossoms for my mom:)

flower.jpg
    Chrysanthemum on my side

a7x_tat.jpg
    Avenged Sevenfold band logo with lyrics from "warmness on the soul" My husband and I's favorite band<3

1293047281-picsay.jpg
    Sugar skull/geisha

peacockbeach.jpg
    My back piece in progress. Peacock with koi fish, waves, flowers. Total = 25 hours

tattoo.jpg
    When it wasn't fully finished

I LOVE YOUR SUGAR SKULL!!!!!!!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    <
    heres one of my on my rt upper arm...
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My largest tattoo, out of five :) It's over two years old now, these pictures are shortly after it was done. It looks just as bright now though!

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I would like to see your tattoos! I am thinking about getting one but sometimes think they don't look very feminine! Please change my mind I would really like to get one but need some further convincing!

I agree. If you have 2nd thoughts then its probably not meant to be.
  • Windress
    Windress Posts: 22
    Options
    Here's mine, unfortunately the only picture I have of it on hand:

Lacytattoo-cropped2.jpg

It's located on my left hip, and I love it and have never regretted the decision to get it. I'm actually planning another one, a series of running horses that wind down my rib cage.

My opinion is that as long as you are getting something that is truly, deeply meaningful to you.. then you'll never regret a tatt.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My visible tattoo is my current profile pic. It was just the Mickey outline colored in red for about a decade. I had the red touched up and added the flowers last summer. The flowers go around my ankle to exactly half-way so that from the left, you can't really see it.

I also have a penguin on the inside of my right hip. No pics of that one!

ETA: I third the motion that if you're not sure you want one, then don't do it! It's about as permanent as it gets and not something you want to regret later on.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Here's mine, unfortunately the only picture I have of it on hand:

Lacytattoo-cropped2.jpg

It's located on my left hip, and I love it and have never regretted the decision to get it. I'm actually planning another one, a series of running horses that wind down my rib cage.

My opinion is that as long as you are getting something that is truly, deeply meaningful to you.. then you'll never regret a tatt.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    comparison-1.jpg

I got this when I turned 18, generic, but I still love it. One day I would like to get one around my foot/ankle with my kids' birthdates and my favorite flower a lily :)
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    oh! I shall post when i get home!
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    just look at my profile picture :)
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I only have one, and I love it...I've been looking to get another, but can't decide where I want it....I feel like mine is girly enough, but I do agree that I have seen some very un-feminine ones..

10218_665270346061_33011049_3798759.jpg

28496_728278706801_33011049_40023030_6372838_n.jpg
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My largest tattoo, out of five :) It's over two years old now, these pictures are shortly after it was done. It looks just as bright now though!

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

I LOVE this!!!
  • janbottorf
    janbottorf Posts: 12
    Options
    ...my opinion is that as long as you are getting something that is truly, deeply meaningful to you.. then you'll never regret a tatt.

x 8,0000!

EDIT: Darn it...I thought I had pics on this computer but I guess I don't. But I have 3. The 1st one I ever got I have to admit IS a bit generic... it is a small heart on my right hip (although I DO have a bit of an obsession with hearts, and it's filled in pretty with lots of colors, so I do love it). The 2nd one...since my husband and I are both Leos, it is actually 2 Leo symbols intertwined in the shape of.. a heart, duh. haha. Location, I will say, is...um... covered by the front of my panties. And the 3rd and final one is my husband's first name in script writing on the inside of my left wrist (I love the wrist tattoos I'm seeing in this thread!!). Oh, and his name is Brian, and the "i" is dotted with.... A HEART. hehe :heart:
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tats. (no pics - don't know how to put them in a post anyway!) The first is on my back & I got it when I was young & stupid. Wish it was just gone!!!

My second of a faerie with butterfly wings on my left calf for my Mom who passed away a little over 11 years ago. Very beautiful & special to me. :-D

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Hopefully this works! I have 8 tattoos all together. But the ones on my back I'm currently working on combining them together. Tattoos are beautiful as long as you put the time and effot into picking out a good design, and finding a good artist. Try to find someone who's been recommended to you, instead of just picking a random shop. Research lots of pics to find things similar to what you want and show them to the artist. Never settle. Don't let an artist boss you around. They do know what they're doing, but ultimately it's going on your body and it should look exactly how YOU want it to look! Good luck! Here are my tattoos:)

Pup_tattoo-1.jpg
    Tattoo for my dog that died

cherry_blossoms_large.jpg
    Cherry blossoms for my mom:)

flower.jpg
    Chrysanthemum on my side

a7x_tat.jpg
    Avenged Sevenfold band logo with lyrics from "warmness on the soul" My husband and I's favorite band<3

1293047281-picsay.jpg
    Sugar skull/geisha

peacockbeach.jpg
    My back piece in progress. Peacock with koi fish, waves, flowers. Total = 25 hours

tattoo.jpg
    When it wasn't fully finished

Your back piece is gorgeous! Adore the peacock!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i don't have a good picture of mine but i have a bright blue star on my left shoulder blade with my sons name and birthday. i <3 it! i'm waiting to get more.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

I agree. If you have 2nd thoughts then its probably not meant to be.

Very true; tattoos aren't for everyone!
  • ewebber88
    ewebber88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I really wish I knew how to post pictures. I have a like 9 of them.
    1. A tribal looking flying turtleon my ankle with the year my grandfather was born and the year he died in the wings.
    2. A generic tribal cross on the back of my neck.
    3. The words "Alle warten auf das Lichte" across my shoulders which is german for "Everyone waits for the light"
    4. 2 four leaf clovers with 3 stars around it on my right foot. Me and both my sisters all have this matching tattoo because we are "Lucky to have each other" :)
    5. A skull and crossbones on my wrist that I picked off the wall and had modified a little.
    6. My life's motto. "I will not be ashamed of who I am, who I once was, or who I will become. For, who I am now is exactly who I was meant to be." On my right forearm about the skull.
    7. My chest piece that I LOVE!! It's a stitched up heart with dragon wings.
    8. The number 13 on my middle finger.
    9. A lower half sleeve in my left arm made of art that I found meaning in. There is also a razorblade with a heart in the middle of it. I got it because I used to cut myself and now I love myself enough not to do it anymore. My wrist also says Unus vita unus casus which is latin for one life one chance.

A few of mine are pretty generic but everyone of them mean a great deal to me. They are my favorite parts about me.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is a memorial tat I have on the inside of my left leg, just above my ankel ...

Dragonflies.jpg
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    this was my first tattoo (ignore the gross looking piercing...just got it and its still healing)
    i got this tattoo to represent my love of music...i think i'd be insane without my music..

2011-07-12_172423-1.jpg

this is my most recent tattoo, which is not done...i am getting a vine going up the words with a flower sitting on top
    it means "a new beginning" in Gaelic Irish
    i went through some hard times and some serious crap a few years ago and this is my constant remnder that it's in the past and i have a fresh start (i turned it sideways so you could read it better)

2011-07-12_172616-1.jpg

i dont want anymore tattoos after i finish this second one...2 is enough for me and i definately dont regret them and im sure i never will :)