If you've had a boob job...

Options
124»

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I think it is the cohesive. They pulled the old silicone off the market. The doctor told me that if they get a small hole and leak that it will seal itself so I wouldn't have to worry about it leaking into my system. When I got mine done the first time 7 years ago silicone wasn't offered. They had pulled it off the market because it wasn't safe. Now the new one they have come out with is suppose to be safe and won't leak.

Cohesive gel is like a sorta like a gummy bear....there is no way they could leak as they aren't a liquid.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Check this article out about natural breast enhancement.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/10/ff_futureofbreasts/
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Check this article out about natural breast enhancement.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/10/ff_futureofbreasts/

There are only 4 surgeons in the US at last count (2-3 years ago when I looked into it) that are qualified for stem-cell enriched fat grafting breast augmentation. The closest to me is in AZ, I forgot his name. It >might< take you up a cup size. I was hoping it would have really taken off by now, but it hasn't and it doesn't have the decades of research behind it that implants do, but yeah, someday it would be nice to know it's possible they're "all you".
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • rachaelhefner
    Options
    Is other surgery needed 5, 10, 15, 20 years down the line? Do they naturally start sagging again?

you can go about 10-15 years before another surgery so long as nothing has happened and you are stil happy with the look of them. Over time hey can "settle" more than you might like, but they will not sag like natural breasts. The best way to keep them up is to wear a bra however much you can even if its just a sports bra!

I disagree with the statement of them not sagging like natural breasts. They definitely will if you don't support them properly. They are heavy just like natural breasts and will pull on your skin. Breast implants are not an internal bra that will help them stay lifted. You should support them as much as you would natural breasts to avoid sagging.

Thats why i said to wear a bra whenever possible because they can sag. I am a 34 D and they will NEVER sag like someone with natural breasts this size would because no there is not an internal bra, but there is a shape inside that will stay the same.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Over time they can. I'm talking 10 years or more, if they're not supported. A lot of women think once they get implants they can wear cute tops without a bra all the time. Saline implants, over time (many years), will lose volume. I'm not knocking them at all...I have them and love them.

Also remember, what my doctor told me, they're sisters not twins so even with implants they will not be 100% identical. :) Not enough for anyone to notice, but if you stand in the mirror and really critique them, you will find a little difference in the two. LIke my husband can't tell with mine, but I can. Just one of those things. We're our own worst critic. lol
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Why did you get it? ---- After having a kid, I didn't like they way they looked anymore
    How much did it cost?
    $6000 for Silicone
    Did you finance it or pay out of pocket?
    Finance ( I didn't have to, but they offered a great rate/deal at the time)
    Did you get silicone or saline?---Silicone---I've personally felt/seen both, and Silicone is much softer/squishier than Saline (but I kinda like the "fake" look of saline....My silicone ones look and feel pretty normal)
    round or teardrop? Round
    smooth or textured? Smooth
    Are yours under the muscle or above?
    Under the muscle----The difference in this is under won't give you that hard edge on the top of your breasts (which some people like/some people don't)
    What size were you before and what size are you now?
    34A/B---34D/DD
    Do you wish you had gone bigger?
    At first they were too big, but since I"ve lost 15-20lbs, they are shrinking, I like the size they are now.
    Where was your incision?
    In the crease underneath (has to be there for silicone, because they are pre-filled before insertion
    Is your scar visible?
    It's been 2 years (almost) and the scar is slightly visible...but my skin type is prone to scars and such...
    How painful was it?
    Scale of 1-10 About a 7 for 2-3 days, then it was about a 3 for a couple weeks.
    Did you have a pain pump?
    No
    What kind of comments have you gotten? ----Not too many people notice, b/c before I'd always wear padded/push-up...Now I just don't need that..But the few people that do know about it says that they look normal/natural and I didn't go crazy with it...
    How long did it take you to recover?---- From the surgery---2-3 weeks I was back to normal For them to "settle" and look right---2-4 months....

Hope this helps :)
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump... great info for down the road