Team Ranged (Challenge of the Living Dead) CLOSED

Options

Replies

• sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My weapon: garden shovel
    Challenge: eat 3-5 servings of vegetables a day

awesome personal challenge. mind if I steal it?
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Wow...I am sooo glad I'm in this challenge!!!!
    Stairs last week...Walk 35 miles this week? Whew! Love It!

"Option A" For Me
    Weapon...357 Magnum (afterall, we are 'packing heat') hahaa

My Weapon Is To Stay 100% On Program
    (HMR Shakes/Meals/Bars Only)...No Outside Food This Week
  • WinnieX
    WinnieX Posts: 67
    Options
    I've picked the 2nd one (already done my run, weights will be completed in a couple of hours).

My secret weapon is poison, and I'll be avoiding Salts & any type of bottled sauce this week to stay away from my own poisons :-)

Happy challenging!
  • Section117_Zolos
    Options
    For some reason, mine didn't take, but here it is -

Im doing option A.

My weapon of choice are my golf clubs and my goal us to not eat any junk food *read chips and takeout!*
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Right i'm going for option A & my weapon of choice is a pickaxe - keeping my carbs under 100g per day :)
    Good luck everyone i promise to try as hard as possible, this ones not gonna be easy. I barely have time for my normal workout let alone an hours walk too!
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do both option A and B! I did both today (I'll be in airports all tomorrow so I walked 5 miles today on top of my 2 mile jog).

My weapon is going to be my Mosin Nagat (A gun I actually own :) ) which means NO SWEETS THIS WEEK!

Just wanted to state for the record:
    Monday: ran 2 miles, walked 5+ miles and did 50 reps each are of all three exercises
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

Come on team! Let's do as much as we can this week! You are all fantastic :)
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Just wanted to state for the record:
    Monday: ran 2 miles, walked 5+ miles and did 50 reps of all three exercises

Come on team! Let's do as much as we can this week! You are all fantastic :)

Impressive! Nice Work Captain!

For Me:
    Monday: 5 Miles & 30 Reps....And I Used My 357 Magnum Against A Nasty Zombie Headed For One Of My Teammates!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My weapon: garden shovel
    Challenge: eat 3-5 servings of vegetables a day

awesome personal challenge. mind if I steal it?

be my guest! I'm especially proud of the veggies being represented by the garden shovel. see what i did there?
    ***NERD ALERT, NERD ALERT***

lol
    ~GMouse
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm doing option A too. It will be interesting to see if I can do this with my crazy schedule and moving out sunday morning. Also my weapon will be a crossbow = 8 glasses of water.
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am choosing option B ~ jog 2 miles daily and 45 reps of one arm dumbbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day . Oh and my weapon of choice will be a rifle (which means 8c of water a day and my sugar less than 30g)

My only down fall is I pinched a nerve last night in my back so today I'm kind of out of commission (leave it to me doing so during a walk at home video!?!?! lol). Team Ranged is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work all
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    RESULTS ARE POSTED IN THE MAIN THREAD! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286830-challenge-of-the-living-dead-closed?page=6

Check it out guys!!
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    For this challenge... I'm not sure I can actually walk 5 miles as I have no safe places to walk and no way in which to get to safe places to walk due to a broken down jeep... so I have an eliptical but it doesn't work for the miles and numbers to come up so does anyone know how many minutes it usually takes to walk 5 miles????

I have 3 lb weights and can do the other part of this challenge with no issues. :)

As for my wepon of choice is a garden rake and my challenge for this week is eating 3-5 servings of veggies as well.

Please some one get back to me on the walking part of this. Our road is not a safe place to walk with people not knowing how to drive and come flying down too fast.

I can walk my drive way however I just need to figure out how many feet it is.
  • jenfunfur
    Options
    sweetseraph7: do you have a pedometer? five miles is approx 10,000 steps if that helps you at all. Otherwise is you average standard walking speed at 3mph the it would take about 90-100 min
    Hope you find a solution & good luck for this weeks challenge.

p.s while i'm on here decided to bite the bulet & change to challenge B, it's time i got back onto my c25k programme which works out to 2.1 miles. Wish me luck i gave up last time cause my legs hurt so much!
  • jenfunfur
    Options
    ok so far so good :)
    Mon: 2.1 miles jogged + strength training
    Tue:2.2 miles jogged

Have'nt done my strength training today as i've just helped carry a piano down 2 flights of stairs, loaded it into a van & will be unloading it again shortly back up some more stairs! Then back to start carrying loads of other boxes & household appliances :) how i love moving house it really burns the cals
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Week 2 Challenge - Option A

July 18 - 3.78 miles :)
    July 19 - 3.46 miles
    July 20
    July 21
    July 22
    July 23
    July 24
    Running Total: 7.24

***Really happy that Option A was changed to 3 miles. 5 miles is an awesome goal, but not enough hours in a day :-) ***
    *Also, if my mileage seems oddly specific, I'm using mapmyrun.com to figure out exactly how far each of my walks are*

Hey, all~
    Just wanted to let y'all know that for the next ten days, I'll be working my butt off on my thesis. I have a major deadline on the 29th, it's do or die. (Or maybe "due" or die?? Hee hee). So, just wanted to let you know that I'm going to do my best, I'll keep in contact, but if I don't complete a challenge, it's because I just need more time studying/writing. I'll do my best to keep up with everything, but since I'm teaching in South Korea, the schools are still in session. Fulltime teaching + masters program + working out like a mad woman = dead GlitterMouse.

Keep up the good work! As we say here in the Land of the Morning Calm--FIGHTING!!
    ~TheGlitterMouse
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Did I hear that right? Walking has been changed to 3 miles? That is great. I cant pull off 2 miles of straight jogging -- YET. My weapon will be a pitchfork -- eating at least 2 servings of fruit and 3 veggies each day.

I only got 2 miles yesterday but will get in 3 days. I also didn't get to use my ptchfork.

I've got my hand weights and I'm readdy to roll with the weight train.
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am choosing option B ~ jog 2 miles daily and 45 reps of one arm dumbbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day . Oh and my weapon of choice will be a rifle (which means 8c of water a day and my sugar less than 30g)

My only down fall is I pinched a nerve last night in my back so today I'm kind of out of commission (leave it to me doing so during a walk at home video!?!?! lol). Team Ranged is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work all

I'm going to have to change to option A this week bc due to an injury. I'm up for walking 35 miles this week (or 21 if its been changed to 3mi a day and 30 (or 50) reps of each weight challenge. I'm good for walking just can't jog this week *sad face*

Week 2 Challenge - Option A

Monday July 18 - out of commission due to injury
    Tuesday July 19 - 4 miles (1 mile make up from yesterday) 50 reps of each done
    Wednesday July 20 -
    Thursday July 21 -
    Friday July 22 -
    Saturday July 23 -
    Sunday July 24 -

Walking Total: 4/21
    Reps Total (for 4 days): 50/200
  • Section117_Zolos
    Options
    I was well on my way, until thunder and rain ended my walk for the night. Looks like I will be making it up tomorrow am!
  • jenfunfur
    Options
    hey guys i think i will be failing this weeks challenge :(
    Have'nt been out of bed for 2 days due to some horrible stomach bug going around at work. Needless to say i've not done any runs will try to catch up as best i can from tomorrow when i've got my strength back. Sorry for letting you all down xx
  • glittermouse
    Options
    hey guys i think i will be failing this weeks challenge :(
    Have'nt been out of bed for 2 days due to some horrible stomach bug going around at work. Needless to say i've not done any runs will try to catch up as best i can from tomorrow when i've got my strength back. Sorry for letting you all down xx

Hey, you're not letting anyone down! It's okay to miss days--you're sick. So make sure you take care of yourself, mmmkay? Drink lots of fluids. (The big sister in me had to say that.)
    G.Mouse