Can't seem to lose the last 10-15 = Team up for success

Options
Hey,

I have been trying for months now to drop 16 pounds and continue to struggle so I was thinking... Why not team up for success? I could make a group with similar struggles where we could support one another through challenges, success stories, tips etc. to drop those 10 or pounds before the leaves start changing colours.

Challange one: Water water water!

Let's build good habits. This week we should focus on drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day for the week. The all losses > 1 lb at the end of the week will get a icon to add to their signature - a droplet of water seems fitting.

Let's do this :drinker:

Replies

• fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I've got 19lbs left to go, I'd love to be a part of this group!!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Awesome - let's get more more more :smile:
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm down for this! I lots 10-13lbs from Jan to April but cannot seem to lose the 15ish. So annoying! But i got my water at my desk :D
  • selmaguzman
    Options
    I'm not having trouble with the last 10-15 - I can't lose the first 5. I have been tracking for over 5 weeks and it is getting frustrating.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of it ! I want to lose 16 pounds by my November 25th Birthday! Have lost 27 so far and have been stuck the last couple of months!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time dropping that last 10-13 pounds..... it just isn't coming off... :( I need help and encouragement!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The all losses > 1 lb at the end of the week will get a icon to add to their signature - a droplet of water seems fitting.

FYI, if you don't have a lot of fat and you have less than 15lbs to lose it is unrealistic to set your goal to lose more than 0.5 lbs/week. It is also even more important to eat your exercise calories when you have so little to lose. When you don't have much to lose and you have a large caloric deficit you risk burning a large % of lean muscle, instead of some of your remaining fat stores.

If you are trying to lose more than the 0.5 most of it will likely come from muscle so I'm not sure if you should reward those that lose more than 1 lb/week, if anything if should be frowned upon.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I have 10 lbs to go and the scale hasnt budged for 3 going on 4 weeks. :sad: Would love to be a part of the group. Water it is!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hey, you might find some good info over here,
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/259476-not-that-heavy-girls-trying-to-lose-weight
    I would be up for a challenge but not til I get back from Vegas on July 20.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 10 - 12 pounds to go (depending on the day) and nothing is happening!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    15-19 lbs left to go... Im in
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I had been sitting on the last 10 1/2 lbs for 3 weeks and i dropped 2.5lbs on my weigh in today! And you know what i did different? I stopped eating back my calories, this past week only. I had always eaten them back and it took me 2 weeks to drop a lb that way.
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    me too! thanks for starting this topic its nice to see other people with the same issues!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all. I have 7 pounds left that I would love to get off.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have about 10-13 pounds to go, I need like minded people to help motivate me and I'll do the same.

Also, it's funny you should mention water as a challenge, because I was actually going to make myself a mini-challenge for the next 2 weeks to make sure I drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. :drinker:

Thanks for making the group and good luck everyone!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I had been sitting on the last 10 1/2 lbs for 3 weeks and i dropped 2.5lbs on my weigh in today! And you know what i did different? I stopped eating back my calories, this past week only. I had always eaten them back and it took me 2 weeks to drop a lb that way.

It should take you 2 weeks to drop 1 lb when you don't have much to lose, if you drop more than that most likely a large % was muscle.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The all losses > 1 lb at the end of the week will get a icon to add to their signature - a droplet of water seems fitting.

FYI, if you don't have a lot of fat and you have less than 15lbs to lose it is unrealistic to set your goal to lose more than 0.5 lbs/week. It is also even more important to eat your exercise calories when you have so little to lose. When you don't have much to lose and you have a large caloric deficit you risk burning a large % of lean muscle, instead of some of your remaining fat stores.

If you are trying to lose more than the 0.5 most of it will likely come from muscle so I'm not sure if you should reward those that lose more than 1 lb/week, if anything if should be frowned upon.

Im nervous to change mine! I started at 1lb per week, and Im still there 9 months later even though the weight loss has significantly slowed... I should just buck up and change it to .5?? Im scared!
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! I have 10-13 more to go!!
  • bam0904
    bam0904 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have 20 to go and have been fighting witht eh same 5 pounds up and down for the last two months. Water it is! Gulp Gulp!
  • lovinlife71
    lovinlife71 Posts: 230
    Options
    I have 17 lbs left to go! This sounds GREAT!!!!:happy: