Disappointed in MFP people

Options
1234568»

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are far too many 'experts' out there who get a kick out of making people feel bad. I would say ignore and delete. Its a bit like having a 2 year old misbehaving- the more you respond to it, the worse it gets!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I have always thought that MFP was an awesome site and that everyone on here was so motivated to help others with their journies, but you know what I've discovered on here by reading a few forums? People on here are so freaking judgemental and rude...a lot of people are new to this site and a lot of people are going to have "stupid" questions or questions that have been asked before many times. But you know what? It's not that easy for most people to start a brand new lifestyle so they come here looking for support and what do they get? RUDE and JUDGEMENTAL people just the opposite of what they are looking for...so a touch of advice...IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE OR POSITIVE TO SAY (edit) don't say anything at all!!

lol, havent been around long have you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have cleaned up any name calling or derogatory commentary on other members.

MFP has always been, and will always be a supportive site to help people live healthier lives, and hopefully lose a few pounds along the way. We must find the friends that agree with our schools of thought and ignore the ones who do not.

IF there is a violation of the rules, and you feel you-or another MFP member-has been attacked, please report the post.

The following rules have been established to help maintain a civil and friendly environment, allowing everyone to enjoy the discussions found here.

Please read this post completely in order to prevent any potential rules violations:

11) If you have concerns about another poster or wish to report a rule violation, the ONLY appropriate venue is to use the Report Post feature or to message me. You may NOT air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in a civil manner in the "Feedback" or "Help" forums.

12) We reserve the right to disable the posting privileges of any member for any reason at our discretion without warning or notice.

I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy day!!

Arewethereyet
    Volunteer MFP Moderator:flowerforyou:
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    As a new member, I understand about seeing some of the same posts. This happens on nearly every site on the web. Personally I do not want to limit my question to looking for the answer in other posts. One, it is time consuming and the question may not be worded in a way I could find it without reading every post. Two, from reading multiply posts on the subjects the different threads sometimes give different advice as someone different may see the post that did not post to the other. As for typical answers, yes there are some that should be in a locked thread and headed as such which there are already some of those on here. Sometimes asking the repeat questions is just a way for others to correspond. Its a comfort zone knowing someone can address the issue and will likely do so. And truthfully, how many people really read all the fine print of things. Do we expect people to search the entire site for answers. If that is the case some answers would not need to come to MFP. As they say on other boards if you don't like the post SOB... scroll on by.